Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

PSA: deadline at 4 today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

PSA: deadline at 4 today ;)

ssshhhh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just thought I'd throw up the top 10 uninjured players in the expected goal on target (post shot) stat. As before this tries to take into account the quality of the shots taken rather than solely where the shot was taken from. Shouldn't be used as anything other than another guide.

This list doesnt include penalties so open play and set pieces only. You know who has the extra chances from penalties not included here.

It is from each players' previous 6 games in the premier league.

5.13 Son
    4.99 Bamford
    4.80 DCL
    4.14 Mane
    3.68 Lacazette
    3.65 Kane
    3.18 Werner
    3.05 Watkins
    2.87 Maupay
    2.73 H.Barnes

Salah is just outside the 10. Being on penalties seems to have been important to both him and Kane.

Lamptey or KWP this week?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Just thought I'd throw up the top 10 uninjured players in the expected goal on target (post shot) stat. As before this tries to take into account the quality of the shots taken rather than solely where the shot was taken from. Shouldn't be used as anything other than another guide.

This list doesnt include penalties so open play and set pieces only. You know who has the extra chances from penalties not included here.

It is from each players' previous 6 games in the premier league.

5.13 Son
    4.99 Bamford
    4.80 DCL
    4.14 Mane
    3.68 Lacazette
    3.65 Kane
    3.18 Werner
    3.05 Watkins
    2.87 Maupay
    2.73 H.Barnes

Salah is just outside the 10. Being on penalties seems to have been important to both him and Kane.

nice where did you access them stats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Lamptey or KWP this week?

I'd go Lamptey if he was fit but I'm not sure if there was any update on his injury

I'd go Lamptey if he was fit but I'm not sure if there was any update on his injury

Ya I hadnt seen anything so not sure, still flagged yellow

nice where did you access them stats?

They're from Opta. Accessed via FFS membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Ya I hadnt seen anything so not sure, still flagged yellow

He's almost certainly going to be playing.
    Definitely be going with Lamptey over KWP

Lamptey would be far more entertaining at least. Could be anything. Had same decision and went with him presuming he plays at all.

• Advertisement

Cheers everyone, and good point Lamptey is the most fun and ill probably watch the game so all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Lamptey or Robertson, there is a question I thought I’d never ask, also have Chillwell and Masuaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

patmac wrote: »
    Lamptey or Robertson, there is a question I thought I’d never ask, also have Chillwell and Masuaka.

Go with lamptey,

I'm taking the gamble (in more ways than one) ... Opting for double Liverpool defence, double Chelsea defence and captaining lookman ..... Will either be a flop or a success, who knows !!

I'm benching Rodriguez, jorginho and DCL .... Although I suspect jorginho might do well (he was dropped to the bench recently and appears to be off penalties)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

I'm benching Rodriguez, jorginho and DCL ....

Some bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »
    Some bench!

That’s a team I need to see

CSF wrote: »
    That’s a team I need to see

You can see it in the LMS .... Once the league updates !

https://www.livefpl.net/leagues/352811

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sent a message to work FPL WhatsApp group there at 3:58pm giving a "quick heads up about the early deadline" :-)

Most of them missed it but will no doubt still outscore me by 50 points this weekend

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Sent a message to work FPL WhatsApp group there at 3:58pm giving a "quick heads up about the early deadline" :-)

Most of them missed it but will no doubt still outscore me by 50 points this weekend

That should teach them for prioritizing work over fantasy footy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cartman78 wrote: »

It's funnier when you send the message at 4:01pm

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's funnier when you send the message at 4:01pm
    Defo, if I received a text at 3:58 and had somehow forgotten upto that point, I'd be able to salvage the situation for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Defo, if I received a text at 3:58 and had somehow forgotten upto that point, I'd be able to salvage the situation for sure.

Transfers (if any), team selection and captain choice all done in less than two minutes. No messing around with you is there CSF!

Transfers (if any), team selection and captain choice all done in less than two minutes. No messing around with you is there CSF!

Phone out, decisive time. I’m going to guess that if I’m the kind of guy who does not know the deadline, then I also have no problems with impulsive decisions making.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hope it's OK to ask here but sort of set on KDB in snd Jimenez out.

Which is better

Jimenez to Brewster, Anguissa to KDB - 1m ITB (prob do Mitchell to Dias)

Jimenez to Adams, Anguissa to KDB - nothing in back and a strong front 8 of Son, Grealish, KDB, Foden, Salah, Bamford, DCL, Adams

Hope it's OK to ask here but sort of set on KDB in snd Jimenez out.

Which is better

Jimenez to Brewster, Anguissa to KDB - 1m ITB (prob do Mitchell to Dias)

Jimenez to Adams, Anguissa to KDB - nothing in back and a strong front 8 of Son, Grealish, KDB, Foden, Salah, Bamford, DCL, Adams

Wait until after the international break...or watch the players for price rises/drops over the next two weeks.

Next gameweek isn't until 21nov I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What do we reckon the over/under will be on how many ‘stop the count jokes’ will be made when someone is having a good week?

IMG-20201106-223300.jpg

:pac:

IMG-20201106-223300.jpg

:pac:
    I'm a visionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

How do I figure out is someone is protected from dropping in value? Have Mitchell from Palace. Is injured but not sure if that is enough to protect his value? Would prefer to take a bit of time since the next game is a long way away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

jaykay74 wrote: »
    How do I figure out is someone is protected from dropping in value? Have Mitchell from Palace. Is injured but not sure if that is enough to protect his value? Would prefer to take a bit of time since the next game is a long way away.

Flags don't protect from drops in value. The flagged player will need more transfers to drop as the threshold is increased and depends to some extent on the severity of the flag.

A player only gets protected when a red flag is removed. He goes from 100% red to available.

fplstatistics explains this and more if you scroll down under the predictions.

Subtle changes in the numbers of goals scored this gameweek? Could we be getting back to something a little more normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Have they penciled in the rearranged GW1 fixtures yet?

Advertisement