Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok boys... what makes a GIRL hot??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Why's that? Not feminine enough? Halle Berry looked great with short hair. Sinead O Connor would look wrong if her hair was long. Demi Moore carried off a shaven head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

well its his preference , he likes long hair thats what he finds hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    K Was on bout this to me bf and he reckons personality has nothing to do with it , yer either hot or yer not ,he also reckons short hair is a no no.

I'd argue that it's a combination of many things. Looks, personality, whatever. Different factors for different people. Some stronger, some weaker.

But it definitely takes a lot more than just looks to be hot. Confidence, posture, dress sense, they all combine, if sub-conciously, into our opinion of someone.

From personal experience I know that I normally couldn't tell you exactly why I thought someone was hot. Yeah I could mention their good points etc, but normally I can't put my finger on why exactly. It's not a very concious thing, attraction is to a large extent instinct.

Few of us study someone and then make a concious decision whether they are attractive or not. It's far more basic a reaction than that. Yes we have tastes, but they are more like track records than plans if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

nesf wrote:
    From personal experience I know that I normally couldn't tell you exactly why I thought someone was hot. Yeah I could mention their good points etc, but normally I can't put my finger on why exactly. It's not a very concious thing, attraction is to a large extent instinct.

Bingo. nesf's nailed it.

The reason I agree is cos whenever I've tried to construct a "type" of girl I go for, based on past girlfriends, I find very few commonalities and a lot of contradictions. So I'll be attracted to one girl for a certain reason, and then that reason, in another girl, won't have the slightest effect on me whatsoever. Thus I came to the same conclusion - what attracts me to certain ppl over others is something far less tangible than hair, body, laugh, etc etc You could call it instinct I suppose, I don't like naming things when I haven't the foggiest what they are! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Yea for me anyway I wouldnt agree with him , because I do think personality an attitude add to it too , looks are a part of it yea but so many factors make a person hot.

Wow. Nesf, you are clearly an intelligent guy. All you said is like, so true, now that I think of it. But above all, something I find very sexy, in guys and girls, is intelligence and a good sense of humour. And confidence of course. I don't know why intelligence is so important to me, I guess I enjoy intelligent, topical conversation and someone who can't provide me with that bores me. Also, witty banter is a must. Sometimes you're just not in the mood for a heavy, dragged out, opinionated conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Wow. Nesf, you are clearly an intelligent guy. All you said is like, so true, now that I think of it. But above all, something I find very sexy, in guys and girls, is intelligence and a good sense of humour. And confidence of course. I don't know why intelligence is so important to me, I guess I enjoy intelligent, topical conversation and someone who can't provide me with that bores me. Also, witty banter is a must. Sometimes you're just not in the mood for a heavy, dragged out, opinionated conversation.

Wowee. Are you going to be nesf's internet admirer now?

Innnterrresting....

*feels his leash being yanked*

Nah - I'm a lovely sharing person really.

• Advertisement

Ooooh menage a trois!

The homme nesf is a most lucky monsieur!

Well, if you're free we can make it 4 Seb.

nesf wrote:
    Well, if you're free we can make it 4 Seb.

Watch out nesf, I might call your bluff, and then you'd be screwed.

Literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I agree Nesf.
    It's really difficult to pinpoint exactly why you're attracted to someone. Sometimes, a simple family guy quote can attract me to someone! Interpersonal attraction is a strange phenomenon!! I've met guys before who I never was attracted to then something unknown to me can spark and interest in them.
    Tis a funny auld world we live in altogether!

Why don't we just invite everyone and make it a great big orgy? The more the merrier!

:)

• Advertisement

HUZZAH!!!! :D

Ok, we're gonna need a pretty large venue for this... Any suggestions?

Stephen's Green. There was a teenage couple there today, the girl gave the guy head in full view of everyone, beside the playground, and they had fun in the BACK DOOR too if you get me. Not one Garda was around. Disgraceful when there's kids watching. I actually heard one say "She's eating his willy".

Heehee. Gardaí are sexeh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Stephen's Green. There was a teenage couple there today, the girl gave the guy head in full view of everyone, beside the playground, and they had fun in the BACK DOOR too if you get me. Not one Garda was around. Disgraceful when there's kids watching. I actually heard one say "She's eating his willy".

HA!!!

Not the first time I've seen or heard of "connoodling" in the Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Why's that? Not feminine enough?
    Yes, girls with short hair look like boys.And i don't mean just a few of them, all of them do, especially from behind.
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Halle Berry looked great with short hair.
    I'd put Halle Berry down as being one of the most annoying,unattractive people in Hollywood,right next to Paris Hilton, but thats just my opinion.
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Sinead O Connor would look wrong if her hair was long.
    That freak in general looks wrong, nothing she could do to herself would change that
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Demi Moore carried off a shaven head.
    :eek: So said the blind man anyway

• Advertisement

Hmmm, fair enough. Point taken. Halle Berry is quite annoying and Sinead O Connor is quite odd.

Isn't it Fr.O'Connor now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

She still trying to be a monk.

She's not attractive if that's what we're talking about.

well at least she's given her "singing career" a rest and stayed out of the public eye for the last while, lets home it stays that way :D

Her singing isn't that bad, her voice is quite unusual. Haunting. But she's still a freak. Anyway, back to the topic. What accent do we prefer on girls??

I don't really care, but my current crush has a Belfast accent that is to die for. Seriously. Just lovely.

I just like the normal Southside accent on girls(except for like, Tallaght n all the "bad" areas ;) ) the scottish accent is cute too..
    And all american accents on girls are either hot or cute(i.e the southern "ya'll" accent)

rb_ie wrote:
    I just like the normal Southside accent on girls(except for like, Tallaght n all the "bad" areas ;) ) the scottish accent is cute too..
    And all american accents on girls are either hot or cute(i.e the southern "ya'll" accent)

Try the Cork accent. It just sings on the ear.

"Oh yur a fine feen aren't yah bhoy!"

I used to go down to cork often so i know exactly what ya mean!

Thankfully, most of us don't speak like that. Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A nice pert arse, the rest is secondary really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

rb_ie wrote:
    I'd put Halle Berry down as being one of the most annoying,unattractive people in Hollywood,right next to Paris Hilton, but thats just my opinion.

mine too. op is hot, however appears to possess the equivillent intellictual properties of lettuce. end of story.

A lettuce?! Gee, thanks! I didn't know lettuces had high IQs!

Ya really do learn something new every day....

Seriously though, my IQ is quite high and no, I have not done the Leaving yet, but I did quite well in the Junior Cert... :o

Intelligent girls are hot, but nerd girls are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i don't mean to presume that you are stupid, its just when someone with "D4" in their name starts a poll which is purly about superficiality its kind of a reasonable conclusion but if you are smart and look like that, well.....more power to you.

Ciarán in South County Dublin.

rb_ie, I agree, I agree. That whole "I study three hours a day on school days, six on a Saturday and my day off is a Sunday when I read things like Homer and Antigone for fun. I'm also in Transition Year" is not attractive. Even though Antigone is interesting. Once used a monologue from that. I'm not nerdy, nor exceptionally gifted or anything. Just averagely intelligent, I like to think! On the nerdy subject- some people think glasses are nerdy. Glasses- look good or bad on a girl??

So, you're in a forum called "Fashion/APPEARANCE" and you didn't expect superficiality?come on!

• Advertisement

True that.

That last post was directed at 4XCut btw.

IMO, glasses on a girl with well defined cheekbones, well defined features in general can look hot, depends on those features though...
    Glasses on a girl with maybe more of a softer face can look cute :D but then again it varys obviously from face to face...
    But i'm talking about girls who'd only wear glasses for like reading or watching tv, I don't really think i've came across i've found hot that like always has to wear glasses...unless they were wearing contacts at the time...

rb_ie wrote:
    But i'm talking about girls who'd only wear glasses for like reading or watching tv, I don't really think i've came across i've found hot that like always has to wear glasses...unless they were wearing contacts at the time...

You haven't seen enough women ;)

Homework for tomorrow: Go rectify this!

"true that" - you don't have a maths teacher called Johnnie Brown do you?

nesf wrote:
    You haven't seen enough women ;)

Oh how wrong you are!I work in a pretty big clothes store so i see like 1000 a day, and thats just in work ;)

Where do you work? And no, Mr Brown is not my teacher. My father says True That.

• Advertisement

I'd rather not say on a public forum where it is i work!I could be tracked down so easy..
    I see, Johnnie Brown(maths teacher in the tute) was the first person i'd heard use that so just thought you were another student of his.

Good point, good point. Ok guys, boobs- big, small, medium, what do you all prefer??

Asking a man to choose an optimum breast size is like asking which is better, Coke or Dr. Pepper. We may state a preference, but we will take whatever's on tap...

...just as long as it's not flat.

Heehee. Ok, maybe this is easier- what female celebrity, in your opinion, has a hot rack?

Yeah as long as theres something there! Ideally a high B or C but whatever, boobs are the last thing that i look for, the rest of their body is so much more important.

• Advertisement
Advertisement