Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

And Seamie O Shea gone from Mayo. All these retirements are looking bleak for the so called closest challengers to Dublin. If the likes of Kerry and Mayo keep having to add new players to panels, we could actually see the 10 in row done at relative ease which is a scary prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I thought Seamie was gone already? Or did he not play much this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Won't be surprised if at least one more of the 30+ club calls it a day.

Eoghan O Brien (24/25)
    Darragh Roche (25)
    Eddie Horan (19/20)

These have all been called in.

Same As wrote: »

Eoghan O Brien (24/25)
    Darragh Roche (25)
    Eddie Horan (19/20)

I'm a big fan of Darragh Roche and love his style of play, but would he get much time with the forwards we have or is it a sign of someone like Stephen calling it a day. We really need a few top defenders and from the limited games I saw streamed and on telly of county and club championship, we don't have too many that stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Eoghan O Brien (24/25)
    Darragh Roche (25)
    Eddie Horan (19/20)

Is Eoghan O Brien the number two now or is Shane Murphy back with the squad?

Not sure what Darragh Roche is going to bring that we don’t already have and better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Eoghan O Brien (24/25)
    Darragh Roche (25)
    Eddie Horan (19/20)

More than likely at least one of Tommy Walsh, David Moran, JOD and Maybe Stephen O Brian

I came across someting recently about the Kerry ladies and seen a few names i had forgot about.

Whatever came of Kasey O'Driscoll? She was Ger O' Driscoll daughter wasn't she? She was very young when she was playing with the ladies from what i remember.

Sarah O’Connor was another. She was an All-Star and i think captain of the Internatinla Rules team one year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Tommy Walsh hasn't been a patch on his return from oz..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

thesultan wrote: »
    Tommy Walsh hasn't been a patch on his return from oz..

He has some awful injuries...ripped the hamstring off the bone. Plus, don't forget his standout year was 2009...12 years ago. Time waits for no man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

It seems Deividas Uosis has now officially signed his contract with the Brisbane Lions:

https://twitter.com/Buailtin/status/1348750636733628416

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FYI a Feedback Thread has been opened.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058149601

Please read the Opening Post before posting.

Any opinions or thoughts in general are welcome.

Clifford our sole (questionable) All Star nominee.

Clifford our sole (questionable) All Star nominee.

Odd. If it was to be anyone based on the Cork game it would be Killian Spillane in the forwards

I rarely agree with this fella but he has a point. I thought the general consensus was the All Stars are pretty much nonsense. Cant remember the last time, if ever, I actually went looking to see the all star team and who made it

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1350019956583391232?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

dobman88 wrote:
    I rarely agree with this fella but he has a point. I thought the general consensus was the All Stars are pretty much nonsense. Cant remember the last time, if ever, I actually went looking to see the all star team and who made it

It really depends on what the All Stars are based on?
    Is there a set criteria?
    Does it include the National League?

Spacific wrote: »
    Is there a set criteria?

I saw some make that point to Parkinson on Twitter. Some of his own county men won all.stars when it was customary for league winners to receive at least 1.

Not sure what criteria is used these days. Have never paid much attention to them. But the Clifford nomination piqued my interest. If it's based on league form, there are several other Kerry players worthy of a nomination. Gavin White being the obvious one.

Tbh, I find them quite pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

Galway with two nominations in the forwards is just as head scratching!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

no mention of dara roche??

May have been in with them since last year already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The whole Clifford thing reminds me of 2014 when all the dubs were up in arms over Connolly not winning footballer of the year.

The main argument for being that he did so well for Vincent’s winning the All Ireland club- the only year I can remember a lads club form being the main driving force behind winning a POTY.

Lundy was nearly as good for corofin the following year and wasn’t even nominated for an All Star

The whole Clifford thing reminds me of 2014 when all the dubs were up in arms over Connolly not winning footballer of the year.

The main argument for being that he did so well for Vincent’s winning the All Ireland club- the only year I can remember a lads club form being the main driving force behind winning a POTY.

Lundy was nearly as good for corofin the following year and wasn’t even nominated for an All Star

Ye but that's different, as is everything when it comes to Dublin players according to ome of their fans.

When Keegan and Andy Moran won POTY Dubs were mad telling everyone how the award didn't matter etc yet it became very important again when i Dublin player won it.

cms88 wrote: »
    Ye but that's different, as is everything when it comes to Dublin players according to ome of their fans.

When Keegan and Andy Moran won POTY Dubs were mad telling everyone how the award didn't matter etc yet it became very important again when i Dublin player won it.

I have never before or since heard a players club form being brought into it.

I genuinely thought it was Dublin fans doing their ‘we’re salt of the earth, craic merchants’ thing until I realised some were serious.

I still find it funny that they didn’t think Mayo players should win POTY because they didn’t win a final but a Dublin player beaten in a semi should

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Spacific wrote: »
    Is there a set criteria?

Yes usually National league form is taken into account. Traditionally the national League winners got 1-2 All-stars especially before the back door. Gavin White probably had a better league campaign but Clifford was fairly good as well in the NL.

Slava Ukrainii

Shane Enright was fairly frank in his interview on The GAA Hour this week. Well worth the listen, around 20 minutes long.

I have never before or since heard a players club form being brought into it.

I genuinely thought it was Dublin fans doing their ‘we’re salt of the earth, craic merchants’ thing until I realised some were serious.

I still find it funny that they didn’t think Mayo players should win POTY because they didn’t win a final but a Dublin player beaten in a semi should

At one time is did afaik. Kevin O Brian won one in 1990 on the back of winning a club All-Ireland. But i think at the time it factored in everthing, well as much as it could, league, championship club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

At one time is did afaik. Kevin O Brian won one in 1990 on the back of winning a club All-Ireland. But i think at the time it factored in everthing, well as much as it could, league, championship club

John Leahy the Tipp hurler won an All-Star in 1994 despite not playing a minute in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

;)
    Shane Enright was fairly frank in his interview on The GAA Hour this week. Well worth the listen, around 20 minutes long.
    Have you a link?

Before my time!

Ok so it’s boy really happened in the modern age when teams have a greater range of championship games to pick from.

Back then you could win an AI on the back of 4 games!

• Advertisement

Really good interview.

Tried his best to be diplomatic in fairness but didn’t sound overly impressed with the set up or management

Advertisement