Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

It was in the WhatsApp msg that was flying around bout the disharmony in Kerry camp.

Was obviously some clown stirring

Jesus :pac: yeah that's a pretty big giveaway that it was nonsense lol

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

He must've been playing the long game with the last few years if kicking away the ball is a managerial protest then...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I can't believe it generated so much chat here!

Of all the two characters in the Kerry squad to have picked as troublemakers! Anyone who has even met Geaney or Moran know their would be the last 2 men at the forefront.

It's not to say that everything is rosey in the garden. I'd imagine a lot of the squad members will be gutted with the tactics and the performance. However they will be looking at their own performance instead of passing all the blame to PK.

I think the idea that David Moran deliberately kicked ball away to spite Peter Keane because he misses Donie Buckley is hilarious tbh. And the idea that Liam Kearns was connected to this somehow but no other Kerry football connections had any clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I can't believe it generated so much chat here!

Of all the two characters in the Kerry squad to have picked as troublemakers! Anyone who has even met Geaney or Moran know their would be the last 2 men at the forefront.

It's not to say that everything is rosey in the garden. I'd imagine a lot of the squad members will be gutted with the tactics and the performance. However they will be looking at their own performance instead of passing all the blame to PK.

I think the idea that David Moran deliberately kicked ball away to spite Peter Keane because he misses Donie Buckley is hilarious tbh. And the idea that Liam Kearns was connected to this somehow but no other Kerry football connections had any clue.

Some goons on here earlier were talking about Geaney’s arrogance & not being surprised! Ludicrous, must have never met the man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭wonga77

There were some clowns on the kerry forum doing the same re Moran. Jesus that place is a sewer at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Quiz Question.

Colm Gooch Cooper is currently second to Cillian O Connor Mayo in the all time football championship scorers list.
    He scored 23 goals and 283 points (Total 352) over 84 games.

We can find on the internet that O Connor's total is made up with 8-224 from frees or 70% of his total.
    Can anybody here tell us how much of Cooper's total is made up with frees.

One of my football "expert" friends is adamant that Cooper has scored more from play than O Connor whose total from play is 20-101 at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Not an easy gig. I am sure he is getting it in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Il turn 40 next year and in my 40 years I have never seen as much coverage given to hurling in the past weeks by the local media, there is a pull out about the game in the Kerryman this week which is unheard of when it comes to hurling

This is huge for everyone that promotes the game in the county, all the hard work done to get these lads from u6 to senior all the people that have given up their free time to coach these lads, keep them interested in the game and be proud to play for both club and county will all pay off when the team takes to the pitch on Sunday.

Whatever the result I hope the lads do themselves justice and take the game to Antrim and show everyone that this is not a one code county, play without fear and see where it takes them.

Best of luck to the players and management on Sunday

Ciarraí Abú

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭conor05

Il turn 40 next year and in my 40 years I have never seen as much coverage given to hurling in the past weeks by the local media, there is a pull out about the game in the Kerryman this week which is unheard of when it comes to hurling

This is huge for everyone that promotes the game in the county, all the hard work done to get these lads from u6 to senior all the people that have given up their free time to coach these lads, keep them interested in the game and be proud to play for both club and county will all pay off when the team takes to the pitch on Sunday.

Whatever the result I hope the lads do themselves justice and take the game to Antrim and show everyone that this is not a one code county, play without fear and see where it takes them.

Best of luck to the players and management on Sunday

Ciarraí Abú

Hurling is most definitely on the rise in Kerry.

Since about 2014, baby steps have been taken with a few strumbles understandably along the way.

Kerry under 20s gave a decent account of themselves v Cork this year too in Munster, all bodes well for the future of the small ball in The Kingdom!

It is unique in a way this year that the hurlers take front and centre stage when the footballers had a poor year by their own standards!

I listened to the Jack McCaffery interview on Off The Ball today and it's an absolute must listen for any GAA fan. One of the best and most interesting interviews I've listened to in a very long time. He comes across brilliantly and its definitely worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Certainly the best defensive display by the hurlers this season, and they'll be delighted with the HT score, now we just need to work our scores, rather than shooting on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Antrim hunting in packs since the restart, we seem to be making nothing stick in midfield.

More heartbreak for the hurlers. Antrim just a better side and kept the scoreboard ticking. I dont know the man but I really feel for Shane Conway, hes pretty much the reason I watch the hurlers so often and hes a complete gem of a player and is a thoroughly nice guy by all accounts. Youd hope they have enough to get the job done next year and have their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Hard luck Kerry, was rooting for you. Hard to begrudge Antrim really after that performance but what an ending to year a Kerry win would have been.

Hard luck to the Hurlers. Antrim by far the better side but Kerry deserve great credit for sticking in the game so well and not letting Antrim pull away.

Antrim scored a huge total off turnovers which won them the match. Their first touch was a good bit ahead of ours.

Great credit due to the lads and the management for getting to the final.

Gutted for the lads and the management, they can be hugely proud of their hard work this year raising the level of Kerry hurling.

Antrim were the better team and they deserved the win, congrats to them
    the experience off the bench in Neil McManus was a huge boost to them,
    The game was like the other games against them, anytime we got close they always got the next score just to keep their noses in front.

We hit too many wides, a few bad ones and we made too many mistakes, handling errors etc.. but these things happen and can be things that can be worked on next year, the lads kept going until the end but it wasnt to be.

Roll on 2021

Yeah, no complaints whatsoever was great going to keep that close to Antrim in the end and we had a worthy winner in Antrim!

• Advertisement

Kerry need to get Donal O' Sullivan from Kilgarvan and Barry Mahony from Crotta in full time with the Kerry hurlers.

I think Shane Conway is a fabulous hurler but the two lads mentioned above are the 2 best hurlers in Kerry.

They have the physique, power and pace to bring Kerry to the next level.

What's the reason they arent in already? Do they just choose not to?

dobman88 wrote: »
    What's the reason they arent in already? Do they just choose not to?

They were both on the Kerry Senior football panel this year.

Barry Mahony joined up with the hurlers in the last few weeks and made a big difference when he came on in Croke Park yesterday, very strong in the air.

conor05 wrote: »
    They were both on the Kerry Senior football panel this year.

Barry Mahony joined up with the hurlers in the last few weeks and made a big difference when he came on in Croke Park yesterday, very strong in the air.

Cant say I'm familiar with either of them. You'd hope they would choose to be part of the first hurling 15 instead of an extended panel member for the football. Sounds like 2 lads the hurlers need from what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

conor05 wrote: »
    Kerry need to get Donal O' Sullivan from Kilgarvan and Barry Mahony from Crotta in full time with the Kerry hurlers.

I think Shane Conway is a fabulous hurler but the two lads mentioned above are the 2 best hurlers in Kerry.

They have the physique, power and pace to bring Kerry to the next level.

Ah now that’s a bit of a stretch. Shane Conway is by far the best hurler in the county. Barry has the physical attributes along with a high skill level which could put him in that conversation if he was given the chance to play enough high level hurling with college and county. Football and injury haven’t allowed this yet so there’s no way you can say he’s better than Conway. Potential is not reality.
    Donal would not be at the standard of these two guys but definitely good enough to strengthen a Kerry team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

dobman88 wrote: »
    Cant say I'm familiar with either of them. You'd hope they would choose to be part of the first hurling 15 instead of an extended panel member for the football. Sounds like 2 lads the hurlers need from what you say.

Barry o’mahoney was midfield for Kerry minor footballers in 2017... he also made minor team of the year that year... Donal Sullivan played with Kerry in McGrath cup at start of year I think... good hurler as well.. he got man of the match in U21B final in Navan last year.... game was played before Kerry-Meath Super8’s game...

On another note Mark O’Connor says he would have been available to Kerry had they beaten Cork... personally I would have preferred if he said nothing at all

Kerry minors a goal behind Cork with 15mins to go.

Have dominated the 2nd half but some really poor misses with the wind have us down by a goal.

Extra Time upcoming.

Pascal Sheehy's son kicked the equaliser for Cork with the last kick of the game.

Cork missed a good few really good chances in the last 5minutes after not missing anything all game.

McMahon from the Crokes and Maunsell from Na Gaeil we're excellent for Kerry in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Kerry minors a goal behind Cork with 15mins to go.

Have dominated the 2nd half but some really poor misses with the wind have us down by a goal.

done well to go a point ahead... but as usual we let it slip.. how was Cork allowed get a shot off in the D with so many Kerry lads around

• Advertisement

done well to go a point ahead... but as usual we let it slip.. how was Cork allowed get a shot off in the D with so many Kerry lads around

I wouldn't be too harsh, lads are falling all over the place with cramp. We obviously used all our subs because Thomas O'Donnell couldn't walk but had to be left on. Paudie O'Leary had to be taken off with cramp and Maunsell went down with cramp as well.

They will rue the missed opportunities at the start of the 2nd half as well as the early goal more than that point I'd say.

We were blessed that Cork missed an easy 1-2 heading into injury time as well.

Advertisement