Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options
1193194195196197199»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,247 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Ya we are experienced.......experienced at losing

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

When was Paul Geaney last an accurate long distance shooter in championship football?

Paul Geaney has been a championship choker for a long time now. To think that Geaney has more to offer than a future star in Killian Burke is crazy stuff. Tony Brosnan even had more impact than him and he’s a serial under performer.

On the Geaney name, Is Dylan Geaney injured? Would much prefer him as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ennis for the Munster final. 1.45 throw in. That'll be a disaster for anyone travelling with the Limerick marathon on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭KerryM9

Why? You just go around Limerick on the N18..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭KerryM9

Why? You just go around Limerick on the N18..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Seems to be chalk and cheese by the hurlers this year - after what could only be considered a wretched league, they now have two emphatic wins over Westmeath and Down in the Joe McDonagh Cup. Admittedly, they'd be very much outside bets to upset either Laois or Offaly, but the final's now a realistic target.

Could find ourselves with a tricky group when the All-Ireland draw is made on Tuesday - 50% chance of getting Armagh/Donegal or Galway/Mayo as the provincial seeds, similarly of Derry and Tyrone as third seeds.

We might be as well off with a hard group. We got what we taught was a handy group last year abd we were not battle hardened enough going into the knockout stage

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i never realised just how long a drive it is for people from dingle or waterville , i met a few up here before covid at a game here it was over 2 hours of a drive , i imagine limerick brakes the fall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

• Advertisement

Dingle would be 2 hours and a bit but Waterville would be nearer three

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭50HX

We certainly got the easiest of the 4 groups

If we beat Clare which we should we will have Monoghan at home, Louth at a neutral venue and Meath away. We will have no decent match before a QF probably

Slava Ukrainii

Good performance by the U20s tonight - Rob Stack and Luke Crowley are obviously the recognised talents on the panel, but Tomás Kennedy and Gearóid Evans also stood out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

good performance for sure… and Kerry have plenty of footballing talent coming through.. but you just wonder how good were Cork…. there skill level was nowhere near the standard of the Kerry players and fitness wise they looked a tad off the pace…. it was game over 5mins into 2nd half… I would expect that the semifinal against Meath who looked very impressive dispatching Louth will be a stiffer test… still Tomas has 2 munsters in a row at this level…

any chance the ferry will sink 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Fair play to Clare today giving us a solid test. They looked very well set up for us. Individually most of our guys did well but we don’t see to be operating as a unit well at all. The inability to score goals is the biggest evidence of this.

Jason Foley was excellent on his return. Tony Brosnan showed his scoring ability that everyone knows he has. Shane Murphy even did well in goals. Brian O Beaglaoich solid on his return too. Paul Murphy is playing his best football in a long time.

On the negative side, it looks like Stephen O Briens speed is gone. I don’t recall him taking on the Clare back line once. Even in his tracking back he didn’t look like in great shape. Lastly to repeat what I’ve said before, Joe O Connor is not the answer at midfield, himself and Diarmuid have no chemistry as a midfield partnership. Jack needs to try something new in the group stages like other counties have done. Dublin tried James McCarthy, Galway had Sean Kelly today etc. If Jack doesn’t think Barry Dan is the answer then maybe Mike Breen could do a job there or try Sean O Shea there again(His Mobility has improved massively this year so will get around the field a lot easier).

most of the clare praise needs to be directed to the o'rahillys man on the clare sideline ,

he got his matchups bang on but the difference in class won out , it was probably a bit of an fa cup tie with the novelty of home advantage too , but at least we threw everything at kerry and fought to the end which is something i have been very critical of better clare teams in the past for not doing

it would be a worry how much joy we got when we ran at the kerry backs, i get the paul murphy argument now too , he was picking up aaron griffin and was 2nd to every ball kicked in to him, i taught foley was excellent on his return i didn't think we would see him back so soon , i think some of the scores tony brosnan and david clifford kicked were exceptional because in cliffords case in particular the lads marking them did well in general

in truth i was worried we wouldn't surpass 10 points given the amount of players we lost after last year especially scoring forwards but the attitude was excellent in fairness hopefully we can back it up and beat cork in two weeks time , for kerry going forward the lack of impact the subs made has to change also the midfield took a bit of a hit too at times but it must be good to have foley and Beaglaoich back fit and ready for bigger challenges ahead , i have no doubt gavin white will be raring to go when it matters in a few weeks time too

Advertisement