Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He's finished as GP leader. A tired worn figure not a good look for the party. Think that will seal his fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What was being discussed?

Doesn't look good, but I know I've been stuck in meetings and presentations before when it's been incredibly difficult to stay awake.

It was warm today, but would it be warm in the CC where they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cnut of a job, I'm surprised more don't fall asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭enricoh

Chairs do look cosy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sweet Jesus that is embarrassing for him.

In his defence, it must be a terribly boring day sitting there for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Thats twice now .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I never rated him as a politician, that'll be the end of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Had he any salad before his nap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

That all-salad diet from his windowboxes has him lacking protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

That is hilarious, what a joke.

I'm sure there'll be a quick change of procedure to ensure this won't happen again, no more roll call...

Pssst... Ryan... Wake up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Eamon Ryan had to be woken up today during a Dail session.

https://amp.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/green-party-leader-eamon-ryan-caught-sleeping-during-dail-vote-39374326.html?__twitter_impression=true

Farce or a serious reflection on this new minister?

Optics are pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

July 23rd I think is when the Green leadership vote takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Might have been drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Might have been drunk.

Full licence, be grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭seenitall

When I read the thread title, naive me thought that there was a politician so dedicated to his job that he was spending even his nights in the Dail. Alas, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I once fell asleep in a lecture and the lecturer f*cked me out of the hall - made an absolute show of me aswell in front of about 400 people and referenced it next time I was back.

I deserved it in fairness and I had some excuse as I was about 19 and living away from home for the first time ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus that is embarrassing for him.

In his defence, it must be a terribly boring day sitting there for hours.

Its his ****ing job for Christ sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

They do that all the time in the House of Lords over the pond.

I'd say he's not the only one who ever nodded off in that boring old cesspit of Dail Eireann in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Cnut of a job, I'm surprised more don't fall asleep

Pity about them, its a well paid job being a Gov Minister the least he might do is be aware what going on.

Catherine Martin was laughing at him, an unexpected bonus for her in the leadership contest.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What was being discussed?

Voting on Lower Paid Jobs and Employment Rights Amendment 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Complete ****ing spoofers them politicians, the civil servants do all the work anyway, but it's absolutely no surprise, hasn't any interest, so at least he didn't pretend to have

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

It will endear him to the oul snoozy headed sorts who vote Green and have no concept of the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭emo72

true story. i sold him a mattress once. its obviously due to be replaced. pm me eamon for best price.

I'd say he's not the only one who ever nodded off in that boring old cesspit of Dail Eireann in fairness.

Timing not great though. One gaff after another for the Greens and this government currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

seenitall wrote: »
    When I read the thread title, naive me thought that there was a politician so dedicated to his job that he was spending even his nights in the Dail. Alas, no.

I thought it was going to say about current home renovations and him having to sleep under his desk.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

FFS, how much does he get paid. Is it really to much to expect him to at least stay awake for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jesus everything is an outrage and a sackable offence now. Dozed off while they were droning on and on there. The Dail must be one of the most boring parliaments in the world.
    The House of Commons is like feeding time at the zoo more or less all the time but JRM still managed to put the feet up and have a snooze. What about it?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Jesus everything is an outrage and a sackable offence now. Dozed off while they were droning on and on there. The Dail must be one of the most boring parliaments in the world.
    The House of Commons is like feeding time at the zoo more or less all the time but JRM still managed to put the feet up and have a snooze. What about it?

Not sure anyone is asking for him to be sacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How many times have we had a thread about Eamonn Ryan with loads of “that will be end of him posts”

Good man Eamonn, keep on fighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

House of Lords is unelected, theres guys in there because their great great great grandmother gave some Prince a quickie in a hay barn

Advertisement