Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Timing not great though. One gaff after another for the Greens and this government currently.

Oh I agree with you, but honestly who cares if he had a nap or not. It's not a job that would keep you awake most of the time anyway, judging by the scintillating unscripted and interesting debates that go on there!

Is it just me, but the minute FF got their TS and the Greens got their ministries, it has all gone to pot.

Well there's one thing, Ryan wasn't a cute hoor re the provo licensing, the speeding fines, the Pulse info and so on.

MM needs to up his game. He's far to nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

FFS, how much does he get paid. Is it really to much to expect him to at least stay awake for his money.

It’s a long day and has been a long day for quite a while. We have no idea if he was actually very tired maybe he had a family crisis or maybe he was unwell.
    If you were at work and you were overwhelmed with tiredness I know you would expect to be cut some slack.
    I wish people would stop escalating to outrage over every little thing. It’s getting very very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Was that a roll call like in primary school? At the start of the day so not like half way through a waffly debate - which is bad.

Or was it a vote - which is also bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was that a roll call like in primary school? At the start of the day so not like half way through a waffly debate - which is bad.

Or was it a vote - which is also bad :D

It was a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s a long day and has been a long day for quite a while. We have no idea if he was actually very tired maybe he had a family crisis or maybe he was unwell.
    If you were at work and you were overwhelmed with tiredness I know you would expect to be cut some slack.
    I wish people would stop escalating to outrage over every little thing. It’s getting very very boring.
    I suppose it's a good job he's not a bus driver. Him and Cowan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How many times have we had a thread about Eamonn Ryan with loads of “that will be end of him posts”

Good man Eamonn, keep on fighting

Don't you mean sleeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How many times have we had a thread about Eamonn Ryan with loads of “that will be end of him posts”

Good man Eamonn, keep on fighting

Fighting to stay awake was all he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Is OK as it was just a motion on lower paid jobs and employment rights. Nothing he would have the slightest interest in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

House of Lords is unelected, theres guys in there because their great great great grandmother gave some Prince a quickie in a hay barn

Kinda like the Seanad so.

I would be sacked if I fell asleep in work and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

House of Lords is unelected, theres guys in there because their great great great grandmother gave some Prince a quickie in a hay barn

More likely his great great great grandfather.

Not sure anyone is asking for him to be sacked?

I’m not that interested in Irish politics any more. There isn’t even any difference any more in the policies of FF and FG, and the Labour Party are kaput and the Greens will be back to being nobodies at the next election. So it’s not as if I’m a fan of Ryan. He’s a daft old hippy in fact.
    But the propensity of onlookers to blow things out of all proportion is getting ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Water John wrote: »
    More likely his great great great grandfather.

Off the scales wit

I would be sacked if I fell asleep in work and rightly so.

And if you were sacked for falling asleep you’d have a very good case for unfair dismissal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Off the scales wit

And homophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Its a poor reflection on Eamon Ryan but on a side note to this he should get a sleep study done. Falling asleep during the day like this at work or while watching tv might indicate he is suffering sleep apnea during his bedtime hours.
    He looks overweight which plays into this and the falling asleep at his workplace has probably happened on several occasions but was only captured recently.

And if you were sacked for falling asleep you’d have a very good case for unfair dismissal.

When I was a nipper and worked for a while in the CS, there was a "sick room" on nearly every floor. Hangovers were often slept off there. Once the boss knew where you were, all good. This is true.

Not saying Ryan was hungover BTW.

Absolutely not. It would be gross negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Woke so he can vote down a livable wage for low income workers who ironically would be sacked or reprimanded for falling asleep on the job.

When I was a nipper and worked for a while in the CS, there was a "sick room" on nearly every floor. Hangovers were often slept off there. Once the boss knew where you were, all good. This is true.

Not saying Ryan was hungover BTW.

There are still are said rooms and they are still used for the same purpose - was sent there the day after the Christmas party a few years ago.

• Advertisement

beerguts wrote: »
    Its a poor reflection on Eamon Ryan but on a side note to this he should get a sleep study done. Falling asleep during the day like this at work or while watching tv might indicate he is suffering sleep apnea during his bedtime hours.
    He looks overweight which plays into this and the falling asleep at his workplace has probably happened on several occasions but was only captured recently.

Ah would you get off the stage and cool the dramatics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I’m not that interested in Irish politics any more. There isn’t even any difference any more in the policies of FF and FG, and the Labour Party are kaput and the Greens will be back to being nobodies at the next election. So it’s not as if I’m a fan of Ryan. He’s a daft old hippy in fact.
    But the propensity of onlookers to blow things out of all proportion is getting ridiculous now.

You are blowing things out of proportion I think.

There are still are said rooms and they are still used for the same purpose - was sent there the day after the Christmas party a few years ago.

That's gas, and it brings me back to a time when things weren't always so strict and Health and Safety and clocking in and out and all that.

Nostalgia always works in the rear view mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As long as he woke up to reject it who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Ah would you get off the stage and cool the dramatics :D

Cool the dramatics, good one buddy. Very inventive. Just making an observation that this might be a cause of him falling asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Jesus everything is an outrage and a sackable offence now. Dozed off while they were droning on and on there. The Dail must be one of the most boring parliaments in the world.
    The House of Commons is like feeding time at the zoo more or less all the time but JRM still managed to put the feet up and have a snooze. What about it?

It's not an outrage or a sackable offense, but if a waster was going into a turas nua meeting and fell asleep, it's almost expected, a senior politician and party leader should put in a bit of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It’s more likely to be weed knowing Eamon.

Oh, so you know him?

It’s more likely to be weed knowing Eamon.

Just a really odd accusation to make.

So you are saying that he was smoking weed before going into the Dail & thats why he fell asleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

As long as he woke up to reject it who cares?

Did he know what he was voting against?
    I guess a stooge just needs cast his vote. There was a time it was thought the Green's might keep FF/FG honest. Laughable I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

God forbid that we should expect our very handsomely paid politicians to at least be conscious in work.

Advertisement