Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

splinter65 wrote: »
    And if you were sacked for falling asleep you’d have a very good case for unfair dismissal.

You would if you were employed as a mattress tester, maybe.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh, so you know him?

I do indeed. Known him years. I’m a fairly long time green

Some reasons he might be falling asleep:

He is not getting enough proper sleep, some people require quite a bit more than others.

The ambient light/sound/air temperature are conducive to sleep.

He has an infection/inflammatory illness, which can lead to being dozy. (Covid test required :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I’m saying he has form for it that’s all

For smoking weed and going into the Dail?

That's quite an accusation - you should go to the papers with it if you have any proof

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Beuller... Beuller... Beuller...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

July 23rd I think is when the Green leadership vote takes place.
    It night be a blessing in disguise tbh...Catherine Martin is much more impressive.

What an eejit. It's not a sacking offence though lol.

For smoking weed and going into the Dail?

That's quite an accusation - you should go to the papers with it if you have any proof

Just saying I wouldn’t be surprised IF that was the case. I know him since his bike shop days btw - he used to fall asleep in the bike shop as well. He’d be known for it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

FFS, how much does he get paid. Is it really to much to expect him to at least stay awake for his money.

Works out at around €90 an hour apparently.
    Had to be woken up to vote against paying people just over €12 ph - otherwise known as the Living Wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    Did he know what he was voting against?
    I guess a stooge just needs cast his vote. There was a time it was thought the Green's might keep FF/FG honest. Laughable I know.

At least he went......

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/cork-tds-explain-failed-meet-16552027

Seems to be common for some politicians not to even bother going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RTE might do him a favour and leave it out of the 9 News tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Works out at around €90 an hour apparently.
    Had to be woken up to vote against paying people just over €12 ph - otherwise known as the Living Wage.

Anyone can be a politcian.....

All are welcome to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Absolutely not. It would be gross negligence.

It's in my employment contract that its grounds for dismissal

Just saying I wouldn’t be surprised IF that was the case. I know him since his bike shop days btw - he used to fall asleep in the bike shop as well. He’d be known for it

Forgetting about Eamon Ryan - you seem to view smoking weed in a similar way to how devout old Catholic woman viewed out of wedlock sex back in the 60s.

Some reasons he might be falling asleep:

He is not getting enough proper sleep, some people require quite a bit more than others.

The ambient light/sound/air temperature are conducive to sleep.

He has an infection/inflammatory illness, which can lead to being dozy. (Covid test required :D )

Might also just be resting on his laurels.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Absolutely not. It would be gross negligence.

Don’t be mad. Anyone can be sick or overtired for any reason. Everything is not “gross negligence”.

Someone sent me a picture of Mattie McGrath asleep as well....was it from same sitting? Lol

Kinda like the Seanad so.

Didn't Enda give an old ex a Seanad seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It's in my employment contract that its grounds for dismissal

Your employment contract doesn’t over rule what WRC would term your right to natural justice.

Forgetting about Eamon Ryan - you seem to view smoking weed in a similar way to how devout old Catholic woman viewed out of wedlock sex back in the 60s.

Nah man. I’m a big ganja fan.

But I’m not a Govt minister earning big dollar from joe soap

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    At least he went......

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/cork-tds-explain-failed-meet-16552027

Seems to be common for some politicians not to even bother going

Perhaps they thought that since Dara Murphy never bothered his hole no Cork NC TDs had to - though I note according to that article they paid back expenses which is more than can be said for Murphy.

I also note Barry and O'Brien were 11 and 3 days short of the min attendance as they were campaigning in their constituency for Repeal. I can't speak of O'Brien but I can vouch that Barry was indeed campaigning for Repeal as I was there.
    Murphy wasn't campaigning for squat. He was double jobbing and out of the country.

• Advertisement

Nah man. I’m a big ganja fan.

But I’m not a Govt minister earning big dollar from joe soap

Man? Ganja? Pointless attack on 'the man'?

Ok nark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've fallen asleep several times in work over the years, and I'm only 30. I'd assume it happens to everyone

https://twitter.com/nialltalk/status/1283820700726435841?s=09
    Mattie Mc Grath having a wee nap as well.....bunch of eejits

splinter65 wrote: »
    Your employment contract doesn’t over rule what WRC would term your right to natural justice.

But if you are falling asleep at work there's something wrong somewhere, either the job isn't for you or there's stuff going on outside and coming to work is probably something you need to reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

All that cycling must be tiring.

titan18 wrote: »
    I've fallen asleep several times in work over the years, and I'm only 30. I'd assume it happens to everyone

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Anyone can be a politcian.....

All are welcome to apply

True, but it's a lot handier for a PS worker than someone in the private sector to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Is anyone awake?

Annual Dail slumber party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

In fairness to Ryan, falling asleep while the Soc Dem's Gary Gannon was indulging in some hardcore virtue signalling is fair enough - that kind of waffle would send me to sleep too. It isn't as though the motion that was being debated matters in the slightest. It's pure posturing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

gmisk wrote: »
    ..bunch of eejits

We're the bigger eejits giving them full control of our lives.

Advertisement