Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

beerguts wrote: »
    Cool the dramatics, good one buddy. Very inventive. Just making an observation that this might be a cause of him falling asleep

I didn't intend to sound offensive, was just slagging and it may have come across that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

We're the bigger eejits giving them full control of our lives.

Are you in mountjoy, if not then you have full autonomy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

At least this will publicise the fact he had to wake up to vote against a bill to give workers a living wage....

Catherine Martin can't take over soon enough for the greens I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The worst part is they woke him. He didn't deserve to have his vote counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

In fairness to Ryan, falling asleep while the Soc Dem's Gary Gannon was indulging in some hardcore virtue signalling is fair enough - that kind of waffle would send me to sleep too. It isn't as though the motion that was being debated matters in the slightest. It's pure posturing.

Yeah, cos it's not like there are hard working people struggling to get by. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

I thought he was woke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

He's waek from all the cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

smurgen wrote: »
    The worst part is they woke him. He didn't deserve to have his vote counted.

Agreed, the CC should have moved on when his name was called two or three times to teach him a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I'd say this thread would be very different if it was Mary Lou asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Thought the thread title was a new release by The Sawdoctors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYg2IX0OdY0&feature=share

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'd say this thread would be very different if it was Mary Lou asleep.

Oh if it was Mary Lou then it would be 100% the best thing ever to do.....everyone should be asleep in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Might have been drunk.

or smoking a bit of the green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I'm sure his boyfriend George Lee will blame it on the increasing levels of Carbon Dioxide on the news tomorrow.

Imagine begrudging people €12/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Imagine begrudging people €12/hr.

Most Politicians dont care about those on €12 an hour.

What Eamon Ryan cares about is the environment and making Ireland Green again.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

No doubt the optics of it are appalling and it certainly won't do much for peoples confidence in him or our politicians in general.

What I will say is none of us know why he nodded off - maybe he had absolutely no interest in what was being discussed and couldn't care less about the living wage.
    But it could be any number of other reasons. I do recall hearing before that he has a child with special needs - so who knows maybe that child wasn't well and Eamon was up all night with a sick child.

I didn't vote Green in the election so I'm not standing up for him, but I did once fall asleep in a meeting myself (thankfully mine didn't make national news). Most people rolled their eyes or laughed, but one or two did come up to me afterwards and asked if everything was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I'm sure his boyfriend George Lee will blame it on the increasing levels of Carbon Dioxide on the news tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Had he not been called at that point, he may have slept the whole afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

That's the problem with gas heating...makes you all comfy and erm ...sleepy.....dam you central heating....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

or smoking a bit of the green

You're late to the party. A longtime green supporter who doesn't appear to have ever posted on anything green on Boards already made this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Del.Monte wrote: »
    You're late to the party. A longtime green supporter who doesn't appear to have ever posted on anything green on Boards already made this point.

Ummm Check out my aviation forum posts - I regularly post on green topics - or my extinction rebellion posts? Or when I got pilloried for supporting national parks and wild wolves reintroduction also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Woke up and voted against a living wage. Well done to all who voted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

gifted wrote: »
    That's the problem with gas heating...makes you all comfy and erm ...sleepy.....dam you central heating....

Well that's the first thing Ryan should sort out for the emissions like.

It was 24deg in Dublin today, no need for any sort of heating. But it looks like an airless place, and since aircon is verboten, well in that kind of atmosphere it wouldn't take me too long to nod off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I’m a lowly paid Civil Servant. Less than €50k per annum. Currently working from home due to Covid. I am expected to provide work-sheets tracking all work done on an hour by hour basis, Monday to Friday. I’m not sure my line manager would accept ‘little nap’ as a valid explanation for an hour or two this afternoon. FFS

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Waking private Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I’m a lowly paid Civil Servant. Less than €50k per annum. Currently working from home due to Covid. I am expected to provide work-sheets tracking all work done on an hour by hour basis, Monday to Friday. I’m not sure my line manager would accept ‘little nap’ as a valid explanation for an hour or two this afternoon. FFS

Of course even "lowly paid" civil servants have their shoulder to the wheel from start to finish everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ummm Check out my aviation forum posts - I regularly post on green topics - or my extinction rebellion posts? Or when I got pilloried for supporting national parks and wild wolves reintroduction also

Apology offered - I hadn't looked at your posting in the aviation forum until now. As for reintroducing wolves ....no...........unless they could be trained to eat scobes before being released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Terrible timing by Ryan.

Terrible start by FFGG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭893bet

Foggy Jew wrote: »

I am sure half your day is spend tracking your day.

Underworked and overpaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not suggesting Eamon was for a second.
    I'd often associate Green Party members with weed use.
    He looks like a lad who might enjoy a joint or two to me.

Advertisement