Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great to see James Horan isn't finished with his quest to unearth new talent.

https://www.mayonews.ie/sports/36641-horan-hints-at-new-faces-for-squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-gaa-stars-broke-rules-on-covid-gatherings-with-early-morning-training-40263682.html

Our coaches got banned for breaking the rules. I assume the same pushiment will be dished out to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Not sure where I saw it yesterday but there was also a picture of three Kildare players training together who are also from the same club(think Athy) on a local community pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No more than the CEO of the Beacon they feel they’re above the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Not sure where I saw it yesterday but there was also a picture of three Kildare players training together who are also from the same club(think Athy) on a local community pitch.

That picture was from June 2020:

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775521137/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Alan Dillon back putting the boot in to the Dubs...new skin for the old ceremony...

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/6788070/alan-dillon-investigation-dublin-covid-19-breach/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Alan Dillon back putting the boot in to the Dubs...new skin for the old ceremony...

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/6788070/alan-dillon-investigation-dublin-covid-19-breach/

I wish Dillon would **** off.

He's nothing but a puppet within the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭muddle84

I wish Dillon would **** off.

He's nothing but a puppet within the party.

I always think he was put in there because of the popularity of Mayo football, this carry on suggests he is playing up to that Audience,

Such ****e!

muddle84 wrote: »
    I always think he was put in there because of the popularity of Mayo football, this carry on suggests he is playing up to that Audience,

Such ****e!

Exactly. He's making plenty of assumptions there and calling for full investigations into what is a trivial matter imo when all is said and done.

Nonsense.

I'd also prefer if Mayo GAA just kept their heads down and say nothing, don't get involved in it. Let's just concentrate on ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That's embarrassing imho. I don't follow politics that closely but this is the first time I've heard Dillon piping up about anything

Yes the Dubs were out of line and should be punished etc but the way this has been blown up is bananas.

Consultants doling out vaccinations to family members etc is a far bigger scandal than a few lads tapping a ball around in a park in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Agree with all.
    I think everyone needs to be careful about throwing stones.It was stupid and irresponsible but it’s going on in every county . They were just the ones who got caught !
    We are probably the second highest profile team behind them so I’d be telling the likes of Dillon and Brady to keep quiet !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Consultants doling out vaccinations to family members etc is a far bigger scandal than a few lads tapping a ball around in a park in Dublin.

It sure is, but I dont think this is as simple as a few lads tapping around a ball. Everyone has their freedom restricted, and many (including myself) are calling for restrictions to be relaxed and to be trusted to do things safely. So when the government confirms a date when the GAA can return so long as they do it safely, and the standard bearers for the sport show even they cant be trusted, its a big deal. This wasnt an impromptu kick about, it was an organised training session and Id doubt it was the first. If they want to be classified as elite, that brings certain expectations.

Not front page news, but its not nothing. I think most of these restrictions are pointless personally, but if the elite dont abide by them the rest of us are stuck indefinitely.

It sure is, but I dont think this is as simple as a few lads tapping around a ball. Everyone has their freedom restricted, and many (including myself) are calling for restrictions to be relaxed and to be trusted to do things safely. So when the government confirms a date when the GAA can return so long as they do it safely, and the standard bearers for the sport show even they cant be trusted, its a big deal. This wasnt an impromptu kick about, it was an organised training session and Id doubt it was the first. If they want to be classified as elite, that brings certain expectations.

Not front page news, but its not nothing. I think most of these restrictions are pointless personally, but if the elite dont abide by them the rest of us are stuck indefinitely.

It was ridiculous of them to ever think they could get away with it. Mind-boggling stupidity from Farrell, unbelievable really. Still don't think it's a big enough deal for Mayo GAA and supporters to get involved with though.

Dillon looks extremely petty in all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Such ****e!

Of course he was, thats the only reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dillon looks extremely petty in all of this.

His whole 'job' is kind of superfluous really. Why does FG even have a separate spokesperson for Tourism and Sport? Kind of an

QuStcFGAbJgg.gif

air about it...

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Agree with all.
    I think everyone needs to be careful about throwing stones.It was stupid and irresponsible but it’s going on in every county . They were just the ones who got caught !
    We are probably the second highest profile team behind them so I’d be telling the likes of Dillon and Brady to keep quiet !

Exactly. It’s going on everywhere, let’s just hope our county has no spiteful busybodies with cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

A week without any news

I suppose that that is a good thing?

neiphin wrote: »
    A week without any news

Martin McIntyre no longer part of the backroom team. News worthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Who took his place ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

neiphin wrote: »
    A week without any news

Not for Monaghan and by association not for the GAA nationally.
    I often quote enjoy some of "Banty`s" antics, but at times he can be a bit of a headstrong eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably not seeing as he was appointed Breaffy manager in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably not seeing as he was appointed Breaffy manager in February.

indeed. It seems there are certain twitter accounts looking to promote his departure as some sort of conspiracy (as well as to add snide comments on others) without copping the managerial appointment that would have driven this.

It's a shame these people have so much time on their hands. They should really find a more worthwhile use for their time.

Blackjack wrote: »
    indeed. It seems there are certain twitter accounts looking to promote his departure as some sort of conspiracy (as well as to add snide comments on others) without copping the managerial appointment that would have driven this.

It's a shame these people have so much time on their hands. They should really find a more worthwhile use for their time.

I'm not sorry I gave up on twitter some time ago. I thought it would be a given (for everyone) that he'd be stepping down once taking the job.

So we'll know the lie of land re our route through Connacht post the six one news this evening.

Draws have not been particularly kind to us in recent years.🤞

Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

Winners to play Leitrim in the semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Mayo galway final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

seligehgit wrote: »
    Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

Will take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Away to Sligo?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Away to Sligo?

At home.

Same for the semi final if we come through.

Is MacHale Park unavailable is the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

That's handy, it's a while since we have avoided the other two before the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great draw
    An extra championship game too
    Ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

At home.

They are not starting till after the championship I don't think.

At home.

Ye couldn`t ask for better.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Another rigged draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Another rigged draw

Are you referring to this? It does look somewhat dodgy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Are you referring to this? It does look somewhat dodgy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

Yeah.
    Keep Galway and Mayo seperate is always the preferred draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭muddle84

Yeah.
    Keep Galway and Mayo seperate is always the preferred draw

He really couldn't have made it any more obvious! What's the point!

He really couldn't have made it any more obvious! What's the point!

Not saying it was rigged or it wasn`t, but if you are going to rig something it is more than likely for financial reasons.
    In which case it would only have been rigged for that reason, more attendants paying coming through the gates.

Hopefully if it was rigged then whoever arranged it has some inside knowledge as to what attendance will be allowed at games by the time the final comes around. In which case I would look on it as a small transgression for the greater good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

charlie14 wrote: »
    Not saying it was rigged or it wasn`t, but if you are going to rig something it is more than likely for financial reasons.
    In which case it would only have been rigged for that reason, more attendants paying coming through the gates.

Hopefully if it was rigged then whoever arranged it has some inside knowledge as to what attendance will be allowed at games by the time the final comes around. In which case I would look on it as a small transgression for the greater good.

There isnt a hope in hell of a full house being allowed for the Connacht Final so it makes absolutely no sense, even if a small % of capacity is allowed it woudlnt matter who the pairing is, the demand will be through the roof anyway

• Advertisement

There isnt a hope in hell of a full house being allowed for the Connacht Final so it makes absolutely no sense, even if a small % of capacity is allowed it woudlnt matter who the pairing is, the demand will be through the roof anyway

Yeah I more or less knew that. Just wishful thinking on my part really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mayo news reporting Aido picked up a knee injury at training last night. Lets hope its not the as bad as it reads

Mayo news reporting Aido picked up a knee injury at training last night. Lets hope its not the as bad as it reads

Was told last night it is season ending ACL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Was told last night it is season ending ACL

Thats bloody desperate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

charlie14 wrote: »

For the greater good of who?
    Certainly not sligo, Leitrim or Roscommon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

The sooner McHale Park gets resurfaced the better. Absolute joke at this stage

• Advertisement

4 ACL injuries that we are aware of in a very short period of time from that pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

4 ACL injuries that we are aware of in a very short period of time from that pitch.

Hearing he will have a scan on Friday so fingers crossed its not ACL. I hate to see any player inflicted by a serious injury like that, especially at his age it could be the finish of him and no fan of the game wants to see a player finish up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hearing he will have a scan on Friday so fingers crossed its not ACL. I hate to see any player inflicted by a serious injury like that, especially at his age it could be the finish of him and no fan of the game wants to see a player finish up like that.

Sadly there are far too many skanger-types (and some former players) that would only be too delighted for him to have a serious injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

PressRun wrote: »
    The sooner McHale Park gets resurfaced the better. Absolute joke at this stage

Those injuries especially if it's a ACL are more to do with the amount of twisting and turning players do than the quality of the pitch.

Those injuries especially if it's a ACL are more to do with the amount of twisting and turning players do than the quality of the pitch.

Twisting and turning on a bad pitch will see more injuries than on a good surface.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement