Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

seligehgit wrote: »
    He'd be a terrible loss.

An outstanding prospect.

Its reported in the independent as well.

Surely the county board can swing a job?

finisklin wrote: »

Or as the Kerry county board rightfully did, invent paid positions for them to train youths throughout the country.
    Funding would be useful for that :confused:. Now does anybody know someone willing to throw 1 million + at Mayo Gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

finisklin wrote: »

The county board might not be able too but i am sure Tim might have been able sort him out with something had he not got the boot.

Joking aside even if they can its always down to the young fella, Moving to Oz to play pro football is always going to be a pull for young lads. McShane was different as he was never going to make it over there he was too old to be going out. Ruane would be same as McShane in my opinion.
    What sort of job could you offer him with a long term safe future for him? He would have no qualifications to get anything big. If he went to oz and after two years it didnt work out hes still plenty young enough come home and go to college

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Padraig O Hora is still flying it in that Special Forces Ultimate Hell Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

km79 wrote: »

I wonder would he be tempted back. We can't tackle at all since he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I wonder .......

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I'll drive him up and down to training myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It was Horan who first brought Buckley to Mayo, and Buckley has not been involved since Horan came back so maybe they will reunite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Wonder what the reasoning is behind this.

• Advertisement

It was Horan who first brought Buckley to Mayo, and Buckley has not been involved since Horan came back so maybe they will reunite.

It's probably wishful thinking, but it would be great to get him back. I think his absence has been felt.

Great win for St. Gerald's today winning the Connacht Post Primary A final.

St. Gerald's College Castlebar 1-13
    Summerville Sligo 0-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

PressRun wrote: »

It's probably he has some personal issue that he needs to leave or else he has had a run in with Keane or someone in the backroom team.
    He really was terrific for us and either way I wish him well whatever the reason is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

The Examiner reported today that he was asked to leave. So I'd surmise that he has had a big run-in with somebody..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Word on the wire is that Keane didnt want him in the first place and the was told by the CB that Donie was to be involved. If they didnt have a working relationship it was never going to last. Huge loss and I'd say any hope we had of an All Ireland this year are gone with him. Wish him well whatever he does next.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

The League is now in a direct race with the Virus, if it multiplies exponentially in the next week, then the playing of the Galway match is in doubt, I'd extrapolate that the Tyrone match is almost certainly not going to happen. We're in virgin territory here. Sport could become the least of worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The League is now in a direct race with the Virus, if it multiplies exponentially in the next week, then the playing of the Galway match is in doubt, I'd extrapolate that the Tyrone match is almost certainly not going to happen. We're in virgin territory here. Sport could become the least of worries.

what the hell? there are no fixtures in doubt and if anything by the time of the tyrone game in round 7 the hyperbole of a virus no worse then a common flue will have died down considerably

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

what the hell? there are no fixtures in doubt and if anything by the time of the tyrone game in round 7 the hyperbole of a virus no worse then a common flue will have died down considerably

WOW

Absolutely clueless post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

dobman88 wrote: »
    Word on the wire is that Keane didnt want him in the first place and the was told by the CB that Donie was to be involved. If they didnt have a working relationship it was never going to last. Huge loss and I'd say any hope we had of an All Ireland this year are gone with him. Wish him well whatever he does next.

I always get the impression that Keane is stubborn and does not like when he is asked questions that have a critical undertone to them... he gets very narky.
    This will be some counties gain for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It's a pity. I thought he could have really brought out the best in that panel and himself..

• Advertisement

More talk about Buckley here than on the Kerry thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

More talk about Buckley here than on the Kerry thread

Not a whole pile to say really. I'd imagine the general feeling is disappointment. He might head back to Mayo yet.

Not a whole pile to say really. I'd imagine the general feeling is disappointment. He might head back to Mayo yet.

That's what a lot of Mayo folks are hoping for, but right now there is nothing to suggest it will or will not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Rumour I heard is that he has a new full time job in UL & he won't be going anywhere.

Green&Red wrote: »
    WOW

Absolutely clueless post

We might make it through the league ok, but I'd say the championship could be at risk. The covid thing isn't expected to peak here until summer. If the numbers have grown significantly by then, we might be looking at a short enough summer, championship wise.

Mayo GAA

COVID 19 UPDATE

March 9th 2020

As the global spread of coronavirus COVID-19 develops,our priority continues to be the welfare of our Mayo GAA community.We would,therefore, like to update you on how we are responding to the situation.

Mayo GAA and Croke Park response

Mayo GAA and Croke Park are continuing to monitor the situation.Our advice is updated based on the latest information from the Health Service Executive and Department of Health.A sub group of Mayo GAA Executive are in contact regularly to assess our community’s needs and to provide up to date information and advice to ensure minimal impact to all our GAA communities.This will be reviewed on a regular basis.

Updates and Advice

It is important to note that advice may change as circumstances change.We will be running regular updates from all the relevant bodies such as the HSE and Department of Health on our social media platforms www.mayogaa.ie

If you are worried about coronavirus COVID-19

- HSE Advice: Read advice from the HSE on our Alerts page or on www.hse.ie to establish the risk.

- GP: If you are still concerned about your health based on the HSE advice, phone your GP for advice.

- Self- Isolate : If your doctor instructs you to self-isolate, please make sure to follow their instructions.

Hand hygiene
    - Good hand hygiene can greatly help reduce the spread of germs.

- Hand sanitiser: All clubs should ensure installed hand sanitisers which dispense a small amount of gel to help kill germs on your hands.

- Hand washing: We encourage club members and staff to wash their hands thoroughly and often. The HSE provides useful tips for good hand hygiene.

Community Welfare
    Our top priority is the health and safety of all our members, and our collective welfare of all our clubs and intercounty teams.

There's got to be a real live possibility that league games will fall foul to the Covid 19 virus.

Common sense call given the lack of wisdom in congregating large crowds of people in close proximity to each other.

No surprise the St. Patrick's Day parades were cancelled nationwide given the public health concerns.

Not sure how impactful cancelling the parades is going to be given the pubs will likely all still be open, but how and ever.

Any ideas on what would likely happen with the league if large gatherings are banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Barlett

There will be an announcement about mass gatherings tomorrow, I would expect any events with an attendance of 5k plus will be banned. I don’t think the match on Sunday will go ahead .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Not sure how impactful cancelling the parades is going to be given the pubs will likely all still be open, but how and ever.

Any ideas on what would likely happen with the league if large gatherings are banned?

I think the holders retain the trophy and we move on to 2021 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement