Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    Won't be going to London anytime soon.

Good. More room on the tube when I go over and have a great time like I always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Let's not forget that Corbyn doesn't want these attackers dead.

He didn't want Al Baghdadi dead.

He said it was a "tragedy" that Osama bin Laden was killed instead of arrested.

He frequently met Islamic jihadists throughout his career, and always sides with the UK's enemies.

Johnson needs to play this situation to his advantage. We cannot have Jeremy Corbyn in No. 10.

You want the head honchos alive if possible in most circumstances.

That is sensible if you're intelligent.

And the bin Laden 'buried at sea' thing was a tad too convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Are there 2 people left on the ground after the cops pull the fella up and he goes to the right?

https://twitter.com/imamofpeace/status/1200425389618712576?s=21

What the hell must happen in a persons life that they end up trying to stab people on London Bridge before being shot by the cops. Beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Met police statement: attacker is dead. Was wearing a hoax bomb. It is a terrorist incident. He had to die.

tigger123 wrote: »
    What the hell must happen in a persons life that they end up trying to stab people on London Bridge before being shot by the cops. Beggars belief.

The incident started in a premises. Met police shot him dead after public pinned him down. He was wearing a hoax bomb.

Well done to everyone. Public and police. They all put their lives on the line in order to save many more. They didn’t know the device was a hoax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Are there 2 people left on the ground after the cops pull the fella up and he goes to the right?

https://twitter.com/imamofpeace/status/1200425389618712576?s=21

Good enough for him. One less piece of **** wandering the streets. When these fanatics start to put innocent life’s at risk, in my eyes their rights go out the window.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why is there a big truck blocking the road? Is that involved in the attack also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

splinter65 wrote: »
    Met police statement: attacker is dead. Was wearing a hoax bomb. It is a terrorist incident. He had to die.

Why would someone do that ?

But that's just it, nobody knows yet.

I didn't lay claim to knowing either. I made an assumption based on what i saw in that video. The cop could be a Hero.

We'll know soon enough no doubt

The cop is not a hero. The cop did his job. Go on London bridge attacking people with a big knife and a hoax suicide vest? Resist arrest? Prepare to be shot in the head.

dadad231 wrote: »
    People like you are part of the problem, you make me ****ing sick .

People looking for evidence from someone to back up their posts are a problem, yeah that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Good enough for him. One less piece of **** wandering the streets. When these fanatics start to put innocent life’s at risk, in my eyes their rights go out the window.

Would you hold that opinion for anyone that puts innocent lives at risk ?

IAMAMORON wrote: »

To cause terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,738 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I wonder what Lisa Smith is planning. Every other country disowns traitors, we fly them home first class and then put the kettle on for tea and biscuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I see two shots were fired into him.. Double tap.

What difference does it make whether the device was a hoax or that the police shot him. He was a piece of shít.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

splinter65 wrote: »
    The cop is not a hero. The cop did his job. Go on London bridge attacking people with a big knife and a hoax suicide vest? Resist arrest? Prepare to be shot in the head.

I didn't mean it literally

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Why is there a big truck blocking the road? Is that involved in the attack also?

I’m wondering if they saw what was happening and tried to stop it. The attack started in Monument which is above where the lorry is. They were driving in the direction of monument. Attacker coming towards them.

Just a guess on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seen a video taken by someone as the police killed him, he was about to stand up after the police dragged some lad off him that was holding him down, police cleaned him out.

That's what you get when you wear a bomb in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wow, the people who pinned him down did so while believing that, as well as having a knife, he also had a bomb strapped to him.

Incredible bravery. Hopefully will be rewarded.

osarusan wrote: »
    Wow, the people who pinned him down did so while believing that, as well as having a knife, he also had a bomb strapped to him.

Incredible bravery. Hopefully will be rewarded.

They will probably need to go through some serious counselling too i'd imagine.

I seen one bloke run away with the attackers knife, was hoping he'd throw it on the ground in case the coppers thought it was him who the stabber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Has anyone got a video showing the " hoax bomb ", I am actually struggling with that part if I am honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'd say the fake bomb was to be sure he would be shot dead and be a martyr rather than be cought alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Has anyone got a video showing the " hoax bomb ", I am actually struggling with that part if I am honest.

Its likely to be nothing bigger than a stab vest and hard, if not impossible to see from a video clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I wonder what Lisa Smith is planning. Every other country disowns traitors, we fly them home first class and then put the kettle on for tea and biscuits.

We have no fight with isis. We arnt in their countries controlling who gets to win elections. We don’t carpet bomb people.

BDI wrote: »
    We have no fight with isis. We arnt in their countries controlling who gets to win elections. We don’t carpet bomb people.

ISIS don't give a ****, that's their thing.

Sure we allow america to run all their troops through Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's hard to make out, but it looks like after the cop pulls the guy away, the attacker tries to sit up before being shot.

That angle certainly bodes better for the cops, the guy was probably told to stay down or be shot.

Fake bomb and knife; this is a lone psycho. Some disturbed guy looking for his 15 minutes.

No doubt they will uncover a pattern of him using extremist social media and accompanied by some heavily conservative manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

"It was a false flag! Infowars.com!"

FFS dude :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

wearing a hoax bomb? suicide by cop at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's not a new tactic =-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/10/first-pictures-fake-suicide-belts-worn-london-bridge-attackers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ISIS don't give a ****, that's their thing.

Sure we allow america to run all their troops through Shannon.

Why don’t you shout about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

WTF.... you're taking that from the audio on a mobile phone 100 metres away. For all you know the police officer has been continually asking him to stop struggling and resisting. In the video he's still struggling with the public apprehending him.

Ye, lets process him, seek insanity, cost the tax payer a couple of million over a 20 year period of psych evals only to be released as a reformed prisoner who's found god and offend again.

Shoot the vermin.

costing the tax payer money is irrelevant when it comes to criminality, for where tax money has to be spent to have a proper justice system.
    someone costing the tax payer money is not a justifiable reason to shoot people, and quite rightly is not used as such reasoning.
    what is the justified reason, and is the reason used, is the danger an individual poses at that exact time.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement