Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Well done to the police and the people who stopped the attacker. I've watch the videos and it's all handled really well.

But why on earth are all the videos cut just at the moment the fatal gunshots are about to be inflicted? Why do people do that? Do they have any idea how frustrating it is to watch?

Jeez sorry for the inconvenience. It's not netfiix you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

dinorebel wrote: »
    Surprised Johnson didn't say he'd personally taken down the attacker.

I'd say he'll be delighted it takes the focus off his disastrous phone-in on LBC this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well done to the police and the people who stopped the attacker. I've watch the videos and it's all handled really well.

But why on earth are all the videos cut just at the moment the fatal gunshots are about to be inflicted? Why do people do that? Do they have any idea how frustrating it is to watch?

You poor soul. You'll just have to tuck it away and zip yourself back up this time.

Some bang that thing makes

I'd say they heard it in Calais.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Lackey wrote: »
    Videos on twitter looks like he was disarmed of one knife by public then police shot him

And hopefully a full enquiry finds everyone to have acted like hero’s and doesn’t start expecting people and police to do chuck norris type leg shots and Jackie Chan immobilizations.

You turn up at a tourist destination with a knife you should be shot and your manifesto should be thrown in the bin.

• Advertisement

Always rush a gun and run from a knife.

Ah I see someone’s been watching their “The Irishman”

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I'd say he'll be delighted it takes the focus off his disastrous phone-in on LBC this morning.

Politically, this could be a gift for Johnson.

He could issue a response outside No. 10 and harness public anger in his own favour, offering some sort of robust defense of the UK against those who wish to harm the country.

I imagine Cummings or his equivalent is crafting the speech as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He'll have plenty of questions to answer going by the video above. Unless they established he was wearing explosives he could have been apprehended with a tazer

Yes.
    “Hey mister, could you please stop trying to stab people ‘till I get my taser”

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Slattsy wrote: »
    Stupid really.

Maybe if your capable of getting away from the person. I'd say they saved the lives of a few innocent people that wouldn't be able to out run that loon.

Drawn out court battles and wasted finances on incarceration saved with those few bullets.
    The cop who shot the guy on the ground could be in for a rough go.
    Brave, but stupid nonetheless. Cops will tell you never to intervene
    And firefighters told people to stay in Grenfell Tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

He'll have plenty of questions to answer going by the video above. Unless they established he was wearing explosives he could have been apprehended with a tazer

Yea because firing a electrical current into some jihad is a good idea.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Stupid really.

It’s really not. When you’re day to day life includes worrying whether there will be a terrorist attack, there comes a stage when you have enough. If someone’s gonna try and kill you might as well try and take them down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

WTF has grenfell got to do with this situation?

Yes.
    “Hey mister, could you please stop trying to stab people ‘till I get my taser”

You haven't a clue.

But no doubt your an expert in the English judiciary system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

Ah I see someone’s been watching their “The Irishman”

That didn't originate there, its a known response if you have ever worked in a combat role.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You haven't a clue.

But no doubt your an expert in the English judiciary system

Ha ha I suppose you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Skyfloater

dinorebel wrote: »
    Surprised Johnson didn't say he'd personally taken down the attacker.
    You're thinking of the Donald.
    Insert picture from Trump twitter of his head superimposed on Rocky body here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

Won't be going to London anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ah stop....
    Come on the **** you have NO idea and nor do the cops to what extent this chap was armed. Why take a chance when its clearly proven minutes earlier this person is out to kill.

Does he have a firearm?
    Does ha have a bomb vest?
    is he a suicide bomber?

Shoot the vermin. This is not some innocent by stander being apprehended resisting arrest this is a man out to cause serious pain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Stab City!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Ah stop....
    Come on the **** you have NO idea and nor do the cops to what extent this chap was armed. Why take a chance when its clearly proven minutes earlier this person is out to kill.

Does he have a firearm?
    is he a suicide bomber?

Shoot the vermin. This is not some innocent by stander being apprehended resisting arrest this is a man out to cause serious pain.

They just cancelled Christmas for him.

Ah stop....

Does he have a firearm?
    is he a suicide bomber?

Didn't look like there was a "hands up" request. Pulled the other lad off and then bang.

If we was "just" carrying a knife, and from what i could see, he was on the deck, i'm not sure deadly force may have been required in this particular situation.

But no doubt we'll find out soon enough

Let's not forget that Corbyn doesn't want these attackers dead.

He didn't want Al Baghdadi dead.

He said it was a "tragedy" that Osama bin Laden was killed instead of arrested.

He frequently met Islamic jihadists throughout his career, and always sides with the UK's enemies.

Johnson needs to play this situation to his advantage. We cannot have Jeremy Corbyn in No. 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

Now now now ... do not assume the attacker is Muslim, because the leftists will call you "racist".

And then stay quiet when you are prooved correct - AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Let's not forget that Corbyn doesn't want these attackers dead.

He didn't want Al Baghdadi dead.

He said it was a "tragedy" that Osama bin Laden was killed instead of arrested.

He frequently met Islamic jihadists throughout his career, and always sides with the UK's enemies.

Johnson needs to play this situation to his advantage. We cannot have Jeremy Corbyn in No. 10.

#jezzbollah

dadad231 wrote: »
    Now now now ... do not assume the attacker is Muslim, because the leftists will call you "racist".

WOW

Until it IS proven, try not to surmise about the identity of the alleged attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dadad231 wrote: »

100+ stabbings in London this year, Muslims do all of them?

Or do we only comment on those?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    100+ stabbings in London this year, Muslims do all of them?

Or do we only comment on those?

There was more than a hint of racism off his post.

I was going to point out that the majority of fatal stabbings in London are carried out by black males under the age of 25.

But WHERE is the outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shooting on the ground is going to be an issue.

We all know the London Met don't have a good record when it comes to proper discharge of firearms against people with the wrong skin colour.

This one won't help given that the video is already in the public domain and no amount of false statements from the officers involved can change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grand so, we won't vote for him.

Oh wait........

Advertisement