Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

dreamers75 wrote: »
    100+ stabbings in London this year, Muslims do all of them?

Or do we only comment on those?

Nice try.

99 times out of 100, mass stabbing attacks against random members of the public are carried out by bearded Islamic lunatics.

What you just said is as ridiculous as saying "not every car crash is caused by a Muslim" in response to an Islamic jihadist driving a car into a Christmas Market.

WTF has grenfell got to do with this situation?
    Just pointing out that appeals to authority aren't always useful.
    Ah stop....
    Come on the **** you have NO idea and nor do the cops to what extent this chap was armed. Why take a chance when its clearly proven minutes earlier this person is out to kill.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with what I posted. I didn't say the cop should be in for a bad time.
    Does he have a firearm?
    Does ha have a bomb vest?
    is he a suicide bomber?
    Many people have been saved by bystanders jumping armed people. If anything I think it's a pity the cop was recorded shooting him.
    Shoot the vermin. This is not some innocent by stander being apprehended resisting arrest this is a man out to cause serious pain.
    I don't have a gun.
    I was posting about bystanders, not cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    Won't be going to London anytime soon.

London probably has 50 million visitors a year(mad guess out of blue) ten people killed in terrorist attacks would not even register. More people probably killed by tractors in Norway last year. Is Norway off the cards too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Nice try.

99 times out of 100, mass stabbing attacks against random members of the public are carried out by bearded Islamic lunatics.

What you just said is as ridiculous as saying "not every car crash is caused by a Muslim" in response to an Islamic jihadist driving a car into a Christmas Market.

I'd be really interested to have a look at where you got these fairly damning statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be really interested to have a look at where you got these fairly damning statistics
    You wouldn't. It's very tight and smells of poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Let's not forget that Corbyn doesn't want these attackers dead.

He didn't want Al Baghdadi dead.

He said it was a "tragedy" that Osama bin Laden was killed instead of arrested.

He frequently met Islamic jihadists throughout his career, and always sides with the UK's enemies.

Johnson needs to play this situation to his advantage. We cannot have Jeremy Corbyn in No. 10.
    why are you soapboxing about this on an Irish forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

People like you are part of the problem, you make me ****ing sick .

seamus wrote: »
    You wouldn't. It's very tight and smells of poo.

Him and his mate liking each others post have a clear agenda it seems

dadad231 wrote: »
    People like you are part of the problem, you make me ****ing sick .

How's that? Elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Defend the terrorist, why do people on boards constantly do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Let's not forget that Corbyn doesn't want these attackers dead.

He didn't want Al Baghdadi dead.

He said it was a "tragedy" that Osama bin Laden was killed instead of arrested.

He frequently met Islamic jihadists throughout his career, and always sides with the UK's enemies.

Johnson needs to play this situation to his advantage. We cannot have Jeremy Corbyn in No. 10.

Who's we ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I don't want to place any blame here, but I worry this is a signs of things to come, probably a far right nutter that has been radicalised by Trump and Nigel Farage did this.

It's woke !!!

Who's done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Who's doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Who's doing it?

I don't want to place any blame here, but I worry this is a signs of things to come, probably a far right nutter that has been radicalised by Trump and Nigel Farage did this.

No, it's been established in this thread that it's a muslim. It's always a muslim

Who's done this?

The point is that it's a very subtle defence of Islamic jihadism to say that "oh we shouldn't assume attacks are Islamic-related", when clearly they are.

It's a form of denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    That didn't originate there, its a known response if you have ever worked in a combat role.

Its a new one to me, must watch the movie.

Nice shooting, well done Mr Cop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The point is that it's a very subtle defence of Islamic jihadism to say that "oh we shouldn't assume attacks are Islamic-related", when clearly they are.

It's a form of denial.

Those posts are a form of bullsh*t.

• Advertisement

It's a form of denial.

WTF are you on about?

No, it's been established in this thread that it's a muslim. It's always a muslim

Nonsense!

It's the far right, they are the biggest global threat to the security of the world right now.

I know this because the guardian and BBC have told me this.
    Some things to blame here.
    Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    White men!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where is that happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thank god these lunatics don’t have access to guns. Can you imagine how many more people would have been hurt or killed if he had something like an AR 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭Cordell

seamus wrote: »
    Who's doing it?

No one.
    Some will try to defend that particular ideology shared by the terrorists and non terrorists just in case some feelings get hurt. Only that particular ideology, when it happens to be the other one, then it's all fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Brave, but stupid nonetheless. Cops will tell you never to intervene

Flawed logic. Not stupid at all. I'd like to think most people would act similarly I'm such a situation. The alternative is far worse.

Someone mentioned Grenfell when I read your post. I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes given the context of a situation the authority advice is not necessarily the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Didn't look like there was a "hands up" request. Pulled the other lad off and then bang.

If we was "just" carrying a knife, and from what i could see, he was on the deck, i'm not sure deadly force may have been required in this particular situation.

But no doubt we'll find out soon enough

WTF.... you're taking that from the audio on a mobile phone 100 metres away. For all you know the police officer has been continually asking him to stop struggling and resisting. In the video he's still struggling with the public apprehending him.

Ye, lets process him, seek insanity, cost the tax payer a couple of million over a 20 year period of psych evals only to be released as a reformed prisoner who's found god and offend again.

Shoot the vermin.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's a form of denial.
    You have no more idea than any of us as to who it was. You can speculate as much as you wish elsewhere, but not on this site

And that applies to everyone. Once details are confirmed feel free to discuss them, but do so civilly and stay on topic. Do not try and bring the likes of Johnson and Corbyn into this unless it's commenting on specific references to this incident

WTF.... you're taking that from the audio on a mobile phone 100 metres away. For all you know the police officer has been continually asking him to stop struggling and resisting. In the video he's still struggling with the public apprehending him.

Ye, lets process him, seek insanity, cost the tax payer a couple of million over a 20 year period of psych evals only to be released as a reformed prisoner who's found god and offend again.

Shoot the vermin.

But that's just it, nobody knows yet.

I didn't lay claim to knowing either. I made an assumption based on what i saw in that video. The cop could be a Hero.

We'll know soon enough no doubt

• Advertisement

Are there 2 people left on the ground after the cops pull the fella up and he goes to the right?

https://twitter.com/imamofpeace/status/1200425389618712576?s=21

Advertisement