Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Netflix on Twitter or simply follow this thread, as accurate and informative updates are posted regularly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but how do you know what and when new shows are added
    The newonnetflix site is a good source for daily additions. I believe our peteeeed curates this list a bit and gives us the highlights.

Various other mainstream sites (such as the Radio Times) will often give a full list of the main releases for an upcoming month. We can expect the full October list shortly but the list of Netflix's own shows and films is already available in a few places, such as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ixoy wrote: »
    The newonnetflix site is a good source for daily additions. I believe our peteeeed curates this list a bit and gives us the highlights.

Various other mainstream sites (such as the Radio Times) will often give a full list of the main releases for an upcoming month. We can expect the full October list shortly but the list of Netflix's own shows and films is already available in a few places, such as here.

Doesn't it depend on where you are watching Netflix too?

Something might arrive on UK but not Irish netflix, is that right?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Something might arrive on UK but not Irish netflix, is that right?
    True enough but the vast majority of UK content ends up on the Irish Netflix so I've found. There's justwatch which lets you filter to Irish content but I've found it flakey, at least for Amazon's content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ixoy wrote: »

Yep I use 3

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/netflix/new

http://vodzilla.co/vod-release-dates/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

For those who've watched Unbelievable, my wife couldn't make it past the first scene. Are there many rape scenes throughout the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I think I'm one of the only people in existence that prefers the newer Blade Runner

One of the best films of the past 10 years, think I prefer it too. Looks amazing on 4k too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Peatys wrote: »
    For those who've watched Unbelievable, my wife couldn't make it past the first scene. Are there many rape scenes throughout the series?

There are a few flashback scenes but nothing graphic as far as I remember. Others might chime in and confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Peatys wrote: »

I only watched the first 4 episodes so far and there is more flashbacks,nothing too graphic but its not easy to watch either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some people may not have seen it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Some people may not have seen it yet!

Its very clear from the trailer and Netflix description what the show is about,nobody has spoiled anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Its very clear from the trailer and Netflix description what the show is about,nobody has spoiled anything.

Yeah, but we know when the thing is going to happen and that there is a
    premise of flashbacks in the show.
    I've been ignoring the trailers and planning to watch as open as possible as potentially others would. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Happy death day
    The snowman ( 2017 scandi noir I’ve heard it’s not great fassbender film, not the ch 4 Christmas treat )
    The Lego Batman movie
    Surburbicon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Happy Death Day is a fun movie.

Is the sequel any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Is the sequel any good?

Follows the same beats as the first one really so if you liked that then I'm sure you'd enjoy the sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is the sequel any good?

It downplayed the horror, instead amping up the "college comedy" aspect; stopping short at being completely meta, but it was a film that leaned into the inherent outrageousness of the situation - and going back to the well for another go. I actually prefer the sequel just for it going full John Hughes meets Groundhog Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

peteeeed wrote: »
    Happy death day
    The snowman ( 2017 scandi noir I’ve heard it’s not great fassbender film, not the ch 4 Christmas treat )
    The Lego Batman movie
    Surburbicon

Lego batman movie is excellent for the while family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement