Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Why is Fleabag on All4?

It's not, might have been to referring to PHB's other show Crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why they're calling Top Boy season 1. I thought it was season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lots of well reviewed TV added today to be honest - Unbelievable, Marianna, Top Boy.

And then there's The I-Land.. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder why they're calling Top Boy season 1. I thought it was season 3

Netflix tweeted earlier that you didn't need to have watched the first series' to watch the new one but if you wanted to they were available under a different name. Bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just checked and I see Top Boy Summerhouse there as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Why is Fleabag on All4?

I wish it was on All4!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Getting off topic, but Fleabag is on Amazon :)

Getting off topic, but Fleabag is on Amazon :)

But only season 2, alas...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

iniall wrote: »
    But only season 2, alas...

I watched recently enough and I'm nearly sure it was the BBC player.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I watched recently enough and I'm nearly sure it was the BBC player.

It could well be on the iPlayer, but I don’t have access to that. On Prime it’s labelled an “Amazon Original”, but only season 2 is available to (Irish) Prime members. The sort of thing that never happens with Netflix Originals...

• Advertisement

IPlayer is very easily accessible in ireland, think I used the parcel motel address when I set up my account;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

iniall wrote: »
    It could well be on the iPlayer, but I don’t have access to that. On Prime it’s labelled an “Amazon Original”, but only season 2 is available to (Irish) Prime members. The sort of thing that never happens with Netflix Originals...

Fleabag is sort of a unique case, due to BBC’s involvement. Shame season one isn’t on there for sure, but reckon the rights situation is messier than you’d get in any other case on Amazon or Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

marianne is some load of ****

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Blitzing through Top Boy today, really enjoying it. Would definitely say that you would need to see the first two seasons through, so not sure why they are calling this season 1.

rekluse wrote: »
    Blitzing through Top Boy today, really enjoying it. Would definitely say that you would need to see the first two seasons through, so not sure why they are calling this season 1.

I was wondering what was going on there, I watched the auto trailer and I was like... I don't remember any of that, I must research it.

Nice one, something new to get stuck into.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Half way through Unbelievable. Compelling viewing so far. Toni Collette is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Finished Glow, I really enjoyed it. Good fun.

Started Unbelievable, it’s unreal. Love it. Toni Colette is excellent, and I think the other female lead is the young nurse from nurse Jackie and she is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

For anyone looking for a movie to watch with their significant other, give Someone Great a watch. I threw it on last night expecting it to be awful but myself and the wife actually enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ishudcoco wrote: »
    +1 for that Danish film The Guilty. Brilliant performance from the lead.

Exceptional.

Outstanding performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Surviving R. Kelly: Season 1
    The six-part documentary that explores the allegations of abuse against the singer

Free willy

Flowers season 2

Only fools and horses season 3 & 4

Added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049, as much of a sci fi fan that I am I found it very boring but visually very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Two episodes into unbelievable
    So far so good

Finished 3rd episode of Unbelievable and it's 10/10. The two detectives are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Finished 3rd episode of Unbelievable and it's 10/10. The two detectives are brilliant.

Finished it.

Great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Unbelievable was brilliant. Went in with zero expectations, just thought I'd check out Toni Collette (one of my faves) and Kaitlyn Dever who's turning out to be one of the best of her generation. Amazing acting, smart pacing. Merritt Wever A++ as always. The first two episodes where Marie was just rejected and beaten from all sides of her life was really tough, heartbreaking really. Insane that pretty much all this happened in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Watched Unbelievable in one sitting today. Possibly the best show that Netflix have produced.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wasn't even aware of that show, might have to give it a look going by the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049, as much of a sci fi fan that I am I found it very boring but visually very good

Agree. Watched it back to back with the original Blade Runner while ago which really accentuated the feeling of over longness. The orginal was so tight and focussed, new one looked great but dragged and lingered, then had a weirdly abrupt resolution. Wouldn't say they made a sh*te of if tho which was probably an achievement in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭tigger123

strawdog wrote: »
    Agree. Watched it back to back with the original Blade Runner while ago which really accentuated the feeling of over longness. The orginal was so tight and focussed, new one looked great but dragged and lingered, then had a weirdly abrupt resolution. Wouldn't say they made a sh*te of if tho which was probably an achievement in itself

I'm a fan of both movies, and recently watched them back to back.

Really not sure if you could call the first one tight and focused? It kind of just trips a long at its own pace I think. The story unfolds itself piece by piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of both movies, and recently watched them back to back.

Really not sure if you could call the first one tight and focused? It kind of just trips a long at its own pace I think. The story unfolds itself piece by piece.
    Is that an intentional origami reference? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement