Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Day off today so I managed to get in a good few hours playing between last night and now. Finally got my mastercrafted feline armor and weapons:

AcBkK7K.jpg

And I got a card I've been trying to find for ages, the 0 attack spy card:

6yyjqzu.png

Plus I learned you can craft greater mutagens from the lesser ones in your inventory. Kinda wish I didn't have to go out for a meal tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

3wayswitch wrote: »
    And I got a card I've been trying to find for ages, the 0 attack spy card:

Where did you get that card?
    Plus I learned you can craft greater mutagens from the lesser ones in your inventory. Kinda wish I didn't have to go out for a meal tonight :(

I know the first thing I am doing when I boot this up. Do you need a diagram or manuscript page or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

logik wrote: »
    Noticed that in Blackbough one of the traders in the middle of the town is gone but the little bag icon is still on the map as if he is there but I cant see him. Anyone else noticed this?

Ya the same thing happened for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Dying to get that Elven Spy also. Perfect opening card for any game pretty much. And would help in the tournament. Anyone know is there are any other 15 strength heroes other than Geralt and Ciri?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Found this online.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AnE248mJB-oSUqAtAPcnIKL_Ngqea8BfkFkDqsEOt8A/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Gwent card checklist for anyone trying to collect them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I know the first thing I am doing when I boot this up. Do you need a diagram or manuscript page or anything?

Not that I'm aware of. I was in the alchemy page looking for something else when I noticed I had the ability to craft greater mutagens. No idea how long I've had the option, the game certainly never made me aware of this at any point.

Where did you get that card?

You get it off Gremita in the Gwent: Skellige Style quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found this online.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AnE248mJB-oSUqAtAPcnIKL_Ngqea8BfkFkDqsEOt8A/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Gwent card checklist for anyone trying to collect them all.

Excellent, thanks man, gonna print that off and keep track like an awful nerd. Doing too good at Gwent to give up now. Have all the Gwent quests done and the mission for Zoltan that gives you a choice if you want
    money or cards

Just have to head to Skellige now and then play someone at Kaer Moren when I can go there.

Looking for the 0 Spy card as well, good enough reason as any to head to Skellige.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Skerries wrote: »
    basically, yes!

I definitely see either CDPR releasing it as a standalone or some full mods coming out ala Tabletop Simulator

I never got fully into it but I'm on my first playthrough, something to look forward to again.
    Kinda want a physical deck though just to look at....like a big 26 year old man-child :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks man, gonna print that off and keep track like an awful nerd. Doing too good at Gwent to give up now. Have all the Gwent quests done and the mission for Zoltan that gives you a choice if you want
    money or cards

Just have to head to Skellige now and then play someone at Kaer Moren when I can go there.

Looking for the 0 Spy card as well, good enough reason as any to head to Skellige.

Ditto the entire sentiment. Just cleared up Velen/Novigrad (except for the Level 28+ stuff), so was planning on heading to Skellige tonight anyway. About time too as I have about 10 secondary quests lined up that all have to be done there, and most of them have gone grey because I am overleveled for them.

Also just read that checklist; there are far more cards than I thought there would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

naughto wrote: »
    send over the girlfriend ill give her something to play with

Second controller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Second controller?

Yes fully charged as well, will keep her going for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GodlessM wrote: »
    Ditto the entire sentiment. Just cleared up Velen/Novigrad (except for the Level 28+ stuff),.

What level are you? I'm just 16, underlevelled for a lot of quests on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not that I'm aware of. I was in the alchemy page looking for something else when I noticed I had the ability to craft greater mutagens. No idea how long I've had the option, the game certainly never made me aware of this at any point.

I think you do, because i don't remember having the option to make the greater red mutagen until i saw it one day. I don't really keep an eye on what i'm looting, A followed by Y every time! Just check the inventory for any new weapons, but the Feline swords are keeping me above anything i've collected in a while, including relic swords.

I really like how the critical plot and side quests are linked , clear much thought went into them.

In most other games you would often encounter NPC who give meaningless quests or fetches or characters there purely to advance the plot but many I've encountered so far seem to have real purpose or at least something interesting for you to do, like Keira's secondary quests or the encounter you have with the Pellar and then meet him later for some more work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Best ambient detail in any game ever:

when it starts raining in Novigrad, the hookers start shouting that it costs double to do it outside due to the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Spear wrote: »
    Best ambient detail in any game ever:

I think GTAV holds that crown. Insane amount of tiny details in that, have not played a game that comes close in that respect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm still a bit back and forth on the game overall, but one things for sure: CD Projekt do a pretty skybox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think GTAV holds that crown. Insane amount of tiny details in that, have not played a game that comes close in that respect.

Either way, advancements in virtual hooker AI are clearly the way forward for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just had my first infinite loading screen after 40 hours playtime. Game wouldn't close even when attempting to close Steam altogether. I've been experiencing a lot more bugs since 1.04. They were almost non-existent/unnoticeable until then for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Expecting my copy for ps4 tomorrow by post. Was that pearl glitch / money generator aspect removed by patching?

Any advise for a newbie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

sticker wrote: »
    Expecting my copy for ps4 tomorrow by post. Was that pearl glitch / money generator aspect removed by patching?

Any advise for a newbie?

the 5 D's of Witcher

dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge
    If you can dodge a wraith, you can dodge them all!

Also there's a new bug from the latest patch that messes up xp rewarded to you if you are 5 - 6 levels above the recommended level of the quest

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/28/8676645/witcher-3-bug-kills-experience-for-quests-devs-on-the-case

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I wouldn't even bother with a money glitch.

I have 15,000 and the only thing I spent money on is the odd crafting equipment and to repair my weapons.

If you go looking around at the undiscovered locations you will find so much equipment to sell that you will have a lot of money and get the best equipment anyway.

Plus Witcher contracts and Treasure hunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't see the point in glitching in any game. You're just going to ruin the natural progression of the game and therefore how much you enjoy it.

Similar to paying to unlock things.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even bother with a money glitch.

I have 15,000 and the only thing I spent money on is the odd crafting equipment and to repair my weapons.

If you go looking around at the undiscovered locations you will find so much equipment to sell that you will have a lot of money and get the best equipment anyway.

Plus Witcher contracts and Treasure hunts.

I agree, money is easily obtainable. No need for exploits

First playthrough of the game and my play ends in a mass brawl with many people bet to death, second time round it ends with applause! one wrong word choice can really make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

neasyerac wrote: »
    First playthrough of the game and my play ends in a mass brawl with many people bet to death, second time round it ends with applause! one wrong word choice can really make the difference.

You've finished it twice?

You've finished it twice?

Just on my second run now to get the death march trophy and collect all the cards, about half way in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still only level 10, I am finding his game strangely therapeutic ( gwent is not helping either ). Looks like I will be getting my full 200 hours plus that was promised in my first play through, I feel no need to rush through anything in this game which is a rarity and speaks volumes for it.

The game literally has tons of stuff you can miss if you do not finish each area as they open and keep moving on, better to play it once and get everything, than two or three times and keep missing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Turned off every part of HUD. Only lifebar/medallion appear now in combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

GTA V and now Witcher 3 ... They have ruined gaming for me... Now I live for the big money draw, high end titles... Medium and lower budget games are dead to me.

Advertisement