Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had It in my head Skillige islands would be dirty looking and full of monsters, only half true. Only in the opening area but already some amazing scenes.

I hope a dlc is released to give you a gaff to store your things, mostly to display armour and swords you don't want to sell. I had some class looking Silver Swords, hated selling them but taking up too much space. A bookshelf wouldn't hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GTA V and now Witcher 3 ... They have ruined gaming for me... Now I live for the big money draw, high end titles... Medium and lower budget games are dead to me.

Huh, totally opposite for me. GTAV was pathetic imo. TW3 is great, hoever. And my favourite games are still smaller-scale ones... not always indie, though. Things like Harvester, Saya No Uta, Black Mirror, Deadly Premonition, Intake... the list goes on. I'm perfectly fine with switching between games like that and then back to TW3. I'd be pretty sad if we only had open-world games like TW3 and not... oh say... TW1 :pac: (which is still my favourite in the series so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Novagrad is f*cking weird

Seriously

First 24 or so hours of the game and I'm sh*t covered arse sore and bruised from fighting through swamps, riding miles and killing unholy monsters

And then I arrive in novagrad and I'm dealing with crooks, scorned lovers and political intrigue it's almost a different game.

Don't know how I feel about it, I liked the scattered villages and keeps of valen and I really liked hunting monsters

And my horse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I really want to play this, but I won't until I've played 1 and 2 first....and I already tried to get into 1 about 3 times, and couldn't get into it at all.
    Same with the Dragon Age series.

The thing is I enjoy these types of games, loved Mass Effect, Oblivion, Skyrim, Guild Wars, Shadow of Mordor and countless others but I just can't get into Witcher.

Should I skip the first game and go straight into 2 (I already own 2 ...because you own most games on STEAM these days,) but never played it because I never got into the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anybody any idea of somewhere that still has this in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I really want to play this, but I won't until I've played 1 and 2 first....and I already tried to get into 1 about 3 times, and couldn't get into it at all.

The thing is I enjoy these types of games, loved Mass Effect, Oblivion, Skyrim, Guild Wars, Shadow of Mordor and countless others but I just can't get into Witcher.

Should I skip the first game and go straight into 2 (I already own 2 ...because you own most games on STEAM these days,) but never played it because I never got into the first game

Dont need to but should, they are not as polished as 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as someone who never finished 1 when it came out and went back and replayed it after finishing 2 it was a tough slog but still very enjoyable.
    I would just watch a recap video and play 2 tbh as it is miles better. The 2nd is meant to be played twice though as halfway through you have to make a choice about who you help and then the story branches off so make a save if you intend to play through both settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd skip the first, and move straight onto 2. The Wither is a great game, but it can be very tough to get through now, and is pretty dated. Witcher 2 is much closer to this one, and i found it a much better game overall.

Haven't gotten to play much over the last few nights, so will get a good session over the weekend. On my way to see Triss now, and will probably have to make the toughest decision of the entire game...Triss or Yennifer (or both :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I had It in my head Skillige islands would be dirty looking and full of monsters, only half true. Only in the opening area but already some amazing scenes.

I hope a dlc is released to give you a gaff to store your things, mostly to display armour and swords you don't want to sell. I had some class looking Silver Swords, hated selling them but taking up too much space. A bookshelf wouldn't hurt either.

Skellige is basically Skyrim. Its a pain getting around. Though I did had the joy of seeing the reaction of a whole town as I sailed into port with 4 sirens hanging out of my boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sean, I'm playing through 2 at the moment as i had it free on Games with Gold. It is fantastic. The characters you meet and the interactions you have with them are unlike anything I've seen in other games. I mean, how often do you have to sort out a soldier who's being bullied, because he saw a ghost and literally shat his pants?

There are some brilliant bits of background chatter that are really interesting too, so far I've seen two guys discussing
    a super soldier serum like in captain america
    and another guard reciting
    the opening monologue Roschach uses in Watchmen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There are 2 beggars in Novigrad, one of them bitching about how he had a nice profitable case of leprosy and some bloke just wandered up and healed him, just like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Any word on when this will be back in stock? Argos have been out of stock for 3 or 4 days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Interactive map of Velen and Novigrad
    http://witcher3map.com/v/#3/76.74/-5.01

Interactive map of Velen and Novigrad
    http://witcher3map.com/v/#3/76.74/-5.01

That's a great map. I was running around Novigrad like an eejit looking for a swordsmith. Ended up fast travelling to Oxenfurt as I exactly where that guy was. This will come in handy for that as armoury icons don't tend to stay on the map when you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That's a great map. I was running around Novigrad like an eejit looking for a swordsmith. Ended up fast travelling to Oxenfurt as I exactly where that guy was. This will come in handy for that as armoury icons don't tend to stay on the map when you find them.

Yeah saw it on the witcher subreddit
    http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm visiting all those places of power tonight. I've only found one of them in Valen so far. Time to get my some more abilities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Do optional parts to quests reward more Xp?

Really getting annoyed with the bugs in this game now. Ran into yet another bugged quest that can't be finished. This one is worse than the last however as it is the finally horserace which means I cannot platinum the game until this is fixed. Researched it and it is happening to a good 70-80% of players across all platforms. Race master doesn't spawn so you cannot start the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

neasyerac wrote: »
    Do optional parts to quests reward more Xp?

The only quest that springs to mind is one I did in a haunted tower and it was optional to shine a lamp on certain ghosts and hear their stories... Each one rewarded 50 Xp and the quest could have been done without them... So I'm saying yes.

Merchant man..''What's that? A Relic sword worth 1500 coin. I'll give you 50 coins for it''

The really shaft you on how much they pay you for items!

• Advertisement

No sooner had I posted here and I ran into another uncompletable quest; Master of the Arena. The reward giver won't trigger after the wait anymore? What's more it seems the recent patch caused a glitch where certain quests don't give XP, meaning certain people can never get to level 35. I am not going to lie, this is an absolute ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Those uncompletable quests are a pain alright. It actually makes me hesitant in randomly exploring at times as ive come across a few bits and bobs where there would be red spots that I could examine using witcher senses.

Can someone tell me, is the ursine Armour (think that's what its called) part of a quest? I ran into a cave and found a chest full of manuscripts for it.

Don't want to loot it in fear of bugging another quest?

Second question, Xbox users what patch are you all on? Im still on 1.01. I know PC are up to 1.04 now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just downloading 600+mb update for Xbox One right now

Yeah it's now V1.03.

Thought the download was taking ages but jumped from 8% to 98% and then finished seconds later. Obviously compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GodlessM wrote: »
    No sooner had I posted here and I ran into another uncompletable quest; Master of the Arena. The reward giver won't trigger after the wait anymore? What's more it seems the recent patch caused a glitch where certain quests don't give XP, meaning certain people can never get to level 35. I am not going to lie, this is an absolute ****ing joke.

The XP bug is related to quests 6 or more levels below your character. Thats it. So yeah, if you are 40 hours into the game and backtracking stuff you missed, you wont be getting XP. But for anything near your level, it still works. And its being fixed on PC on Monday. Not a massive deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think I'll just explore on horseback with no online help (or HUD/Map) and find all the places of power like that instead. In no rush to complete this game and I like wandering and finding stuff naturally.

Kirby wrote: »
    The XP bug is related to quests 6 or more levels below your character. Thats it. So yeah, if you are 40 hours into the game and backtracking stuff you missed, you wont be getting XP. But for anything near your level, it still works. And its being fixed on PC on Monday. Not a massive deal.

I'm 80 hours inin so there were a lot of them. I know at least one player who has done mostly the same stuff as me and yet is 10 levels higher. And the devs themselves said it is a potential big issue, because there is no guarantee others won't bug as well while they are fixing it (the patch caused this) and there have already been reports of it happening to some people on higher level quests. Add on that some of the main quest shuts off access to certain side quests and the main quest is generally lower level but higher experience, you have a problematic situation at best there.

Glad to hear the PC is getting a fix soon; means we won't be far behind and it shows they are working hard and fast to fix it.

I've often got no Xp for a quest, didn't think much of it just thought it was men't to be. I've also just got a corrupt save now and infinite loading screen! Kept happening every time I reloaded the save. I've gone back about 30 minutes to another save and try another way and hope it works, My next save is about 20 hours back.

I've only come across 1 mission so far i can't complete Novigrad: Closed City. I'm finding the game has trouble catching up with you. I run to a quest starter but there is no icon and the background is still loading around me. Sometimes i have to wait 5-10 seconds for the interact icon to appear above their head.

is there any way to check amount of time played on ps4?

• Advertisement

I've only come across 1 mission so far i can't complete Novigrad: Closed City. I'm finding the game has trouble catching up with you. I run to a quest starter but there is no icon and the background is still loading around me. Sometimes i have to wait 5-10 seconds for the interact icon to appear above their head.

Yeah same. Or I meditate for 1 hour and try again. Usually helps.

Advertisement