Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ When it comes to bugs like that I usually only abuse them on game consoles. When on PC I just play it legit because there's no fun in abusing glitches when I can use the dev console commands to do anything I want. Feels like I'm only cheating myself then, really. At least for first time or immersive playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

There are a few new XP exploits in Skellige from what I read, involving respawning a certain enemy or repeating a dialogue , both net about 3k in a half hour. I plan on using it if I get hit with the XP bug myself.

Apparently they're patching it midweek. It's a very small complaint in such an amazing game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

biggebruv wrote: »
    how far am i into the story?

im at the quest called ladies into the woods

around how many main story missions is left after that just wondering i like knowing for some strange reason

its a good thing batman is not out next week lol
    i can devote more time to this wouldt be suprised if that was the reason for its 2 week delay

considering I did that quest over 10 hours (gametime) ago you are not that far in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sometimes the mini map is so frustrating and I spend so much time getting lost. Also the fact that use is the same button as run. I'm a double presser when it comes to run and I find myself either lighting sh1t on fire or looting, which in cities means I get the guards coming after me.

Is looting difficulty based? cause I never get into any trouble looting and I literally walk in and loot places right in front of people all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you return to a signpost do new quests appear as the game progresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Level 13 and for craic did a level 24 mission (sword dumplings)

Spent about 4 hours on it mainly as at the ambush I was getting one hit killed, So i climbed on top of the wall and chicken ****ted the mission. Eventually finished it and got 23XP :( and a sword.

that sucked. decent sword but was expecting thousands of XP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its not possible to travel on foot or by horse from white orchard to velen?

Its not possible to travel on foot or by horse from white orchard to velen?

Dont think fast travel back and visit every spot, it will help for next part.

Noticed I got the Fist of the South Star achievement and You Cant Touch this one.

No idea where recall a few fights without taking damage but not sure, GOG is a bit gay for that. Kinda miss the steam pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So current level 11, decided to play the Gwent tournament quest in novigrad which was a suggested level 24.

Yeah took me a looooong while to get through that. Thought I was going to have to go back to a really old save.

By the way does anyone know the craic with loot? I'm beginning to think it ALWAYS scales to your level which is really disappointing.

For example if your level 10, you will loot chests that give stuff a couple of levels below, lesser glyphs and swords you will never use. The only thing that doesn't is manuscripts. Kind of ruins the whole taking on quests a few levels above IMO.

I was level 9, ran to a guarded treasure of a level 15 wraith and it was nothing but ****e. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Would be a lot more rewarding to know you could pull a rare sword (even if you can't use it yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Don't think so ask have found plenty of gear around that was way above my level.

In the final of the Gwent tournament now; wish me luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Whats the story with messages on the boards that are not in a language I understand?

Starting to get the feeling that I am nearly finished. Nearly exhausted my side quests and contracts and have been everywhere. The gwent cards are all that elude me. Only two main quests and two sub plota to go aswell. A hefty playthrough of about 120 hours at the end I would say but not the 200 plus the devs boasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

weiland79 wrote:
    Whats the story with messages on the boards that are not in a language I understand?

They're just to add atmosphere, probably Nilfgardian/Scoia'tael messages, but like the poor bugger looking for a plough I don't believe they have related quests

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Only 120? I'd get a refund ;p Bit of a "how long is a bit of string" question anyway, devs said one of their own finished in 24hrs but depending on how you play some could spend up to 200hrs on their playthrough.

Well what they said by my memory is the main quest would take 100 hours and everything else 100 hours. Im not complaining about 120 hours, only observing that the devs either bull****ted or vastly overestimated the longevity. And note I have been doing a full on do every little thing playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

GodlessM wrote: »
    Well what they said by my memory is the main quest would take 100 hours and everything else 100 hours. Im not complaining about 120 hours, only observing that the devs either bull****ted or vastly overestimated the longevity. And note I have been doing a full on do every little thing playthrough.

Do you use fast travel a lot? Because i'd imagine if you didn't, it would bulk everything up!

Do you use fast travel a lot? Because i'd imagine if you didn't, it would bulk everything up!

If they were counting walking time in that estimate, well, thats a cheap way of trying to make your game look bigger IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just finished Witcher 2, I did almost all the quests in 28 hours.

Is a 660ti & i5 3750k enough to run this well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just finished Witcher 2, I did almost all the quests in 28 hours.

Is a 660ti & i5 3750k enough to run this well?

I have very similar specs. You'll need to play at close to minimum settings, 1280x720 resolution (less than XBO) if you want 60fps. You can turn textures to ultra (important imo), foliage to high and NPC count to ultra. The rest to minimum and all post-processing off, too.

If you can stomach 30fps you should manage 1920x1080 resolution (PS4 setting) and a mix of other settings but I'd still leave all post-processing off if you want to avoid dips.

Also, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432867&page=7

Ok so maybe I am not as close to done as I thought and my feeling is wrong. Turns out act 2 isnt the end of the main story as it seems to be. Whole act 3 to go; they continue to pleasantly surprise. Hoepfully progression will open up some more secondaries and contracts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think its important to realise you will miss quests if you fast travel everywhere. There are proper quests that just appear as you travel through the world that you wont get. Going to be several hours worth of stuff missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GodlessM wrote: »

Have you done all the question marks on the map, there are dozens of quests that you get by doing these.

Kirby wrote: »
    I think its important to realise you will miss quests if you fast travel everywhere. There are proper quests that just appear as you travel through the world that you wont get. Going to be several hours worth of stuff missed.

Like that douche who wants to beat 100 men, its not even funny anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

dreamers75 wrote: »

Happened three times for me
    You kill him on the third occasion when he brings two friends along

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm level 6 in Velen with about 20 active quests and around 100 "?" on the map and I haven't even got to the big city near the north of the map.

And this is only the second area in the game!

It's seriously overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,634 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dreamers75 wrote: »

For me, on the third encounter when he showed up
    with his 2 buddies, I used Axi on him to go home,
    doubt I'll be seeing any more of him.

Does anyone else bar
    Keira
    sell the rune/glyph diagrams, that character is long gone in my game and I'm a fair ways off getting to see them again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wtf was up with Keira getting killed btw, Geralt asks her what she is doing then you argue with her, then you kill her & burn the sheets which I guess had the work of the experimentations going on in the tower on Fyke Isle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wtf was up with Keira getting killed btw, Geralt asks her what she is doing then you argue with her, then you kill her & burn the sheets which I guess had the work of the experimentations going on in the tower on Fyke Isle

You have to choose specific dialogue choices in the conversation to get a different outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I have very similar specs. You'll need to play at close to minimum settings, 1280x720 resolution (less than XBO) if you want 60fps. You can turn textures to ultra (important imo), foliage to high and NPC count to ultra. The rest to minimum and all post-processing off, too.

If you can stomach 30fps you should manage 1920x1080 resolution (PS4 setting) and a mix of other settings but I'd still leave all post-processing off if you want to avoid dips.

Also, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432867&page=7

Keeps crashing on me, put everything on low and then the drivers crashed :(

Advertisement