Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sheehy83 wrote:
    is there any way to check amount of time played on ps4?

Go to inventory and press R2

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Kings gambit is giving me infinite loading if I go help the chick or the fella, had a look online and it's happening to others also. So best to give it a miss or do a manual save before you start it. Noting glitched though on my first run of it. I think them patches are fixing stuff and making other problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Patch for consoles confirmed for mid next week. Will fix the XP bug and frame rate drops apparently. No sign of me being able to do my horse race though.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    is there any way to check amount of time played on ps4?

Player stats on the character window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I am just after rescuing the Blood Barons wife & killing a Fiend. I am just on level 10 but I am all out of quests, contracts I can do at my level Shrieker was a pain until I realised I wasn't using my silver sword :p
    Do I go looking for more quests at signposts....? The next quest is with Triss :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah.. I know I've played a lot but 8 Days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 13 seconds sounds like a bit much!

Completed the Griffin treasure hunt there. I've completed all the single digit quests now so I'm finally off to see Triss!

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah.. I know I've played a lot but 8 Days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 13 seconds sounds like a bit much!

Completed the Griffin treasure hunt there. I've completed all the single digit quests now so I'm finally off to see Triss!

Haha jesus man 8 days...I thought I was bad 5 - 6 days. I pulled a couple of 9 in the morning till 12 in the night days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It's WAY off.... I remember on the first night after playing maybe 3 hrs, it said id played 11hrs 40 mins... I know time gets away from me a bit when im engrossed in a game, but that had me thinking i fell into a time warp somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

joe123 wrote: »
    Those uncompletable quests are a pain alright. It actually makes me hesitant in randomly exploring at times as ive come across a few bits and bobs where there would be red spots that I could examine using witcher senses.

Can someone tell me, is the ursine Armour (think that's what its called) part of a quest? I ran into a cave and found a chest full of manuscripts for it.

Don't want to loot it in fear of bugging another quest?

Second question, Xbox users what patch are you all on? Im still on 1.01. I know PC are up to 1.04 now??

Ursine (heavy), Griffen (medium), and Feline (light) armor are the best in the game and can be upgraded 3 times to master-crafted level. You are free to loot away as the quests for them will take into account the recipes you already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read that once you get the master version of any of the witcher outfits, they are the same stats so it's a matter of the perks. The Ursine one looks too big and i spend most of my time in battle pirouetting like a majestic ballerina so gonna Stick with the Feline gear.

The other night i unlocked a prop sword from a quest. I used it for 2 hours (doing very little damage to humans) just to prove how good a swordsman i am.

What actually happened was i spent 2 hours wondering why human enemies jumped up in strength until i tried to swap my sword and saw i was using the prop........2 HOURS!

I read that once you get the master version of any of the witcher outfits, they are the same stats so it's a matter of the perks. The Ursine one looks too big and i spend most of my time in battle pirouetting like a majestic ballerina so gonna Stick with the Feline gear.

The other night i unlocked a prop sword from a quest. I used it for 2 hours (doing very little damage to humans) just to prove how good a swordsman i am.

What actually happened was i spent 2 hours wondering why human enemies jumped up in strength until i tried to swap my sword and saw i was using the prop........2 HOURS!

I heard the prop sword was the best weapon in the game once you upgrade it with teak timber and a lash of varnish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

For anyone getting stuck on quest glitches and such http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28/?

Haven't tried or needed the debug console myself yet so I can't say if it's actually helpful for that kind of thing but at least it opens up options and perhaps not have to sit with your thumb up your hole waiting for patches.

neasyerac wrote: »
    I heard the prop sword was the best weapon in the game once you upgrade it with teak timber and a lash of varnish!

Ah that's where i went wrong :)

Anyone have a problem with the side quest to assissante
    the king
    ? I freed
    Thaler
    but haven't heard anything since. Really want to finish that one.

Oh my God, just walked into a party with Yen and she was stark naked talking to guests, camera angle changed and she was in a dress. I can't suppose i can pay the vid to here or youtube without complaints? Funny ol' glitch.

Oh my God, just walked into a party with Yen and she was stark naked talking to guests, camera angle changed and she was in a dress. I can't suppose i can pay the vid to here or youtube without complaints? Funny ol' glitch.

I'm sure the ban would be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Haha jesus man 8 days...I thought I was bad 5 - 6 days. I pulled a couple of 9 in the morning till 12 in the night days.

Jesus.. I'm not sure how you managed that.

As others mentioned it's way off although I would say I'm after putting in at least 20 hours at this stage.

After posting the above I only managed to get around to Triss about 30 mins ago. Spent the rest of my time playing gwent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Ah that's where i went wrong :)

Anyone have a problem with the side quest to assissante
    the king
    ? I freed
    Thaler
    but haven't heard anything since. Really want to finish that one.

It continues on later after you have done more of the main quest line.

BTW to anyone interested, I did a bit of testing regarding the XP glitch. Deva claim it only effects quests that are 6 or more levels lower than you. I did Lord of Undvik to test it, as it was only 4 levels lower than me. Its not totally conclusive, but I only raised 26XP from the completion, and there's a high chance that was just the XP for killing the boss monster (which is low for that in itself). I could make a better judgment if there was any indication out there how XP gain is calculated, but alas I cannot find it. But there is a possibility the glitch is affecting more than the devs say it is. Can't wait for next week at any rate.

Jesus.. I'm not sure how you managed that.

As others mentioned it's way off although I would say I'm after putting in at least 20 hours at this stage.

After posting the above I only managed to get around to Triss about 30 mins ago. Spent the rest of my time playing gwent! :)

I horsed into the game last week, played it non stop till friday when I had to go away with the missus! Just on my second run now finishing off the trophies I missed. Glitches are happening and I'm about 3/4 the way there on death march with most of the cards collected. If I have to start again to get all trophies the playstation will be going out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I horsed into the game last week, played it non stop till friday when I had to go away with the missus! Just on my second run now finishing off the trophies I missed. Glitches are happening and I'm about 3/4 the way there on death march with most of the cards collected. If I have to start again to get all trophies the playstation will be going out the window!

Are you skipping side quests!?

Ive played it a fair bit and have still a **** ton to do in Velen!

joe123 wrote: »
    Are you skipping side quests!?

Ive played it a fair bit and have still a **** ton to do in Velen!

No I did most quests in my first run, Just left all the gwent related one's as I knew I missed a few cards.

Saw on the loading screen earlier :

"when the time of white frost comes, don't eat yellow snow" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ERG89 wrote: »
    I am just after rescuing the Blood Barons wife & killing a Fiend. I am just on level 10 but I am all out of quests, contracts I can do at my level Shrieker was a pain until I realised I wasn't using my silver sword :p
    Do I go looking for more quests at signposts....? The next quest is with Triss :o

Head for the yellow icons on the map they are non story missions, some you have to stumble accorss others are on noticeboards

Wife heading out with kids today hoping for 7 or 8 hours of peaceful witchering!

11265471_898349683537819_3776997565595187223_o.jpg

1st bug, was easily solved with fire :)

dreamers75 wrote: »

1st bug, was easily solved with fire :)

Think I encountered that exact same one. Were the arches under the bridge barred?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh* was going to spend most of today playing this but I've encountered some bug that causes my game just minutes after loading in to minimize to a white screen, forcng me o shut it down.

shame

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm level 5 and I have Witcher contracts with recommended levels of 20, 22 and 33.

I'm kinda tempted to try one to see what horrors await me.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm level 5 and I have Witcher contracts with recommended levels of 20, 22 and 33.

I'm kinda tempted to try one to see what horrors await me.

1 hit death.
    Think I encountered that exact same one. Were the arches under the bridge barred?

On one side yeah, other side had the goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Suffered the xp glitch a while ago. The pain of it is that I lvled up during the quests last battle moving me to 6 lvls over the recommended. Shame but I can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

how far am i into the story?

im at the quest called ladies into the woods

around how many main story missions is left after that just wondering i like knowing for some strange reason

its a good thing batman is not out next week lol
    i can devote more time to this wouldt be suprised if that was the reason for its 2 week delay

Sometimes the mini map is so frustrating and I spend so much time getting lost. Also the fact that use is the same button as run. I'm a double presser when it comes to run and I find myself either lighting sh1t on fire or looting, which in cities means I get the guards coming after me.

• Advertisement

Suffered the xp glitch a while ago. The pain of it is that I lvled up during the quests last battle moving me to 6 lvls over the recommended. Shame but I can't complain.

There are a few new XP exploits in Skellige from what I read, involving respawning a certain enemy or repeating a dialogue , both net about 3k in a half hour. I plan on using it if I get hit with the XP bug myself.

Advertisement