Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mechwarrior 5 just got added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mechwarrior 5 just got added.

Downloading now.
    Loved these games. Mechwarrior 3 in particular was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I have a vague memory of playing a mechwarrior game many years ago, playstation 1 maybe? Going to try this one out anyway

Fairly cheesy dialogue in it so far. Don't know if i like it or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure why, but i didn't enjoy Mechwarrior 5. Felt really weak, and lacked the impact that i remember from the earlier games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Remouad wrote: »
    Does anyone know a quick and easy way of adding these games to steam.
    Want to stream them via steam link.

Its an absolute pox.

I tried with Killer Instinct and took ages to get it working.

You can fangle some games onto it but its not easy.

Edit forgot to tell you the easy way, a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

I picked up a steam link cheap ages ago. Only used it a few times, i could never get it working well.
    This xbox ultimate really is brilliant and i love the cross over between xbox and pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Did I read somewhere spotify premium is now included?

EDIT
    Had a look when I got home,looks like 3 months free spotify premium for new spotify accounts according to the internet

Halo : MCC not launching for me at the minute. Happening to anyone else?

Halo : MCC not launching for me at the minute. Happening to anyone else?

Happening for me too. Went to try Halo 2 and nothing.

• Advertisement

Remouad wrote: »
    Happening for me too. Went to try Halo 2 and nothing.

Just did a reinstall and it worked then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Playing Gears tactics on it at the moment, have to say enjoying so far. I got a free 3 month sub with my cpu purchase. I think i might extend for another few months.

Installed No Mans Sky. Dodged a bullet there, played for an hour and dont think I will play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Glebee wrote: »
    Installed No Mans Sky. Dodged a bullet there, played for an hour and dont think I will play again.
    this thread is for pc only, No Man's Sky is console only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ShaneU wrote: »
    this thread is for pc only, No Man's Sky is console only.

Not according to XGP on twitter! :)

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1271110028787761153?s=20

You can install to your PC at this link, as it's not showing up on the Xbox app in Windows yet!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/no-mans-sky/bqvqtl3pch05?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nice!

I actually meant this Tweet! The first one I linked was for consoles :D

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1271110023037370368

Glebee wrote: »

Been messing around with this again despite saying I might not play again. It running very poorly for me on PC. Anyone else struggling to get this running right. Its looks woefull even on relatively high settings.

It does struggle now and then but i play on Medium settings now and it's usually ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Games Leaving PC Games Pass at the end of June 2020

Metro Exodus

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Die for Valhalla

ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug X

Neon Chrome

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Steamworld Dig 2

The Flame in the Flood

ElNino wrote: »
    Games Leaving PC Games Pass at the end of June 2020

Metro Exodus

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Die for Valhalla

ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug X

Neon Chrome

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Steamworld Dig 2

The Flame in the Flood

Nooooooo!!!!!
    I've been meaning to play those.

I know Gothic armada 2 is on gamepass now but I like playing the whole game series.

Does anyone else have problems trying to start Halo MCC on this? It just won't launch for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I did. Had to delete the download and re do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There goes the best value for games around

As of 17 September 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring 3-month subscription fee is increasing from €11.99 to €29.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after 17 October 2020

hard to justify keeping it for that pricing for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Headshot wrote: »
    There goes the best value for games around

As of 17 September 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring 3-month subscription fee is increasing from €11.99 to €29.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after 17 October 2020

hard to justify keeping it for that pricing for me anyway

Wont be paying the myself.
    While I still think its good value I just don't think i could justify it
    For 12quid a month it was easy to ignore it being taken out month, 30 quid would make me have to factor it in with monthly bills :pac: I hate being broke haha
    I don't use it enough either but like I said 12quid was easy to just forget about it.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Wont be paying the myself.
    While I still think its good value I just don't think i could justify it
    For 12quid a month it was easy to ignore it being taken out month, 30 quid would make me have to factor it in with monthly bills :pac: I hate being broke haha
    I don't use it enough either but like I said 12quid was easy to just forget about it.
    It's €30 for 3 months

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's €30 for 3 months

And 3 month game pass ultimate codes go on sale for half that regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just to confirm you can do that €1 more than one (3 times for me) its not limited to 1st time users only so you dont have setup loads of accounts.

• Advertisement

Tenner a month is still by far the best value around for any digital service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I suppose it would depend on where you are with the games that are up at any givin time.

If you have been subbed for 6 months it could be beneficial to let the sub lapse for a few months so the games refresh a bit.

I see myself dipping in and out

I'm still paying €3.99 a month. Is that correct? I can't remember how i signed up. Think it was the €1 deal at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm still paying €3.99 a month. Is that correct?

Quote from the announcement tweet:

"if you're already a member, you'll pay the same rate through the next billing cycle"

So we'll pay four quid next month, then a tenner every month after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Another thing, if you have full Discord Nitro (or grandfathered classic Nitro), you can get a 3 months Game Pass PC trial from your gift inventory - NOTE it's only for new Game Pass subscriptions, doesn't work if you currently have or have ever had Game Pass PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves/Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?

• Advertisement

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?
    You only need Ultimate if you want game pass on both PC and Consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves/Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?

Halo 5 is not on PC.

Halo 5 is not on PC.

Yet. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come at some stage, given the rest of the series is now on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Kiith wrote: »
    Yet. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come at some stage, given the rest of the series is now on it.

Hope so as I was not willing to buy an Xbox just for that game but would consider it if on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reminds me to cancel game pass. Only got it for FM and was paying a swiped low rate for it. New pricing I’ve no interest I’ll just pickup games.

Found the selection on the pass generally very poor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any deals going at the moment?
    Got a years access last year for very little but I've only s month left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dcully wrote: »
    Any deals going at the moment?
    Got a years access last year for very little but I've only s month left.

I have a 14 day trial for ultimate version if you want it

Anyone else having trouble with this?
    Most of the Microsoft title wont work for me for some reason. Horizon 4, AOE 3,FS2020, Gears 5.....most wont even download. Been through the wringer with xbox support. They dont seem to be able to help. One suggestion was to buy an xbox lol. Its weird. Other games like No Mans Sky, Gears 4, Cities Skylines etc all work fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Headshot wrote: »
    I have a 14 day trial for ultimate version if you want it

Yeah I'll take it if your not using it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Make sure to have latest windows updates. Anytime I get errors with microsoft related stuff its because I don't have latest windows updates.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Make sure to have latest windows updates. Anytime I get errors with microsoft related stuff its because I don't have latest windows updates.
    yup, good advice. still no bueno though. I guess some update down the road will fix things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

What's the error? Most Gamepass games are packaged as Xbox virtual disks with some crazy DRM involving a special kernel driver.

This messed up recently on me with similar issues to what you describe. I had to uninstall the Xbox app, delete some registry keys (turned out one of my disks had somehow been listed twice) and reinstall it.

MugsGame wrote: »
    What's the error? Most Gamepass games are packaged as Xbox virtual disks with some crazy DRM involving a special kernel driver.

This messed up recently on me with similar issues to what you describe. I had to uninstall the Xbox app, delete some registry keys (turned out one of my disks had somehow been listed twice) and reinstall it.
    Its an 00000x1 error I think. No real info given. Got a record of the reg keys you needed to get rid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Might be a different issue than yours as I don't think I had that error code, but see https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/j3edas/error_code_0x80070141/

MugsGame wrote: »
    Might be a different issue than yours as I don't think I had that error code, but see https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/j3edas/error_code_0x80070141/

Thanks,its worth a shot I figure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement