Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Alien Isolation is such a good game once you get into it. Playing with headphones is the way to go though. The noise of the Alien above and below you will make your flesh crawl.

Christ, that game is not for me so :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'm with Glebee.
    Love, Love, LOVE the movies but you can't play a game while also hiding behind the couch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Alien Isolation is such a good game once you get into it. Playing with headphones is the way to go though. The noise of the Alien above and below you will make your flesh crawl.
    VR is where it's at. Great Halloween activity every year. :D

Albeit, clunky as hell!

I take it that if a game goes off Xbox live when your still playing it you will loose access to it unless you buy it??

Glebee wrote: »
    I take it that if a game goes off Xbox live when your still playing it you will loose access to it unless you buy it??

Yea, think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Here's what's on the FAQ!
    xbox.com wrote:
    Games may exit the library after a period. Once a game leaves the Xbox Game Pass library, you will need to purchase a digital copy from the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store, insert a disc, or obtain another form of entitlement to continue playing the game. Xbox Game Pass members can purchase Xbox One games for up to 20% off (DLC and add-ons for up to 10% off) before the game leaves the active Xbox Game Pass library. Xbox Game Pass discounts are not combinable with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude games within 30 days of launch and are not available with selected games; discounts based on Microsoft Store price.

The key part being, you can get a 20% discount on the title if you buy before it's removed from game pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EVqNdb8U0AIktmQ?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gear tactics nice one.

The Long Dark added. I really enjoyed that game when I played it last, a bit of a walking simulator at time but it had a good storyline. I lost my game save on Steam for some reason when they updated the latest episode though so not going back to play through the previous

Also Prey was ment to leave yesterday, still playable for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are all the episode out for that or is it still on going? I try to avoid starting episodic games that aren't finished.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are all the episode out for that or is it still on going? I try to avoid starting episodic games that aren't finished.

I think theres two episode left in the planned release programme. No idea when they will be releaased

The Long Dark added. I really enjoyed that game when I played it last, a bit of a walking simulator at time but it had a good storyline. I lost my game save on Steam for some reason when they updated the latest episode though so not going back to play through the previous

Also Prey was ment to leave yesterday, still playable for me today.

Xbox play anywhere. I'm getting great use out of play anywhere and cross save these days with high demand for screens in the house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They really are offering a fantastic service for a really good price.

Kiith wrote: »
    They really are offering a fantastic service for a really good price.

Expecially If you are an xbox and pc user. My young lads uses xbox, i have pc, everyone happy out.

Im trying to get fortnite to play in same house on xbox and pc and with ps4 from another house. Xbox and pc have ultimate. Wrecking my head. Was able to get ps4 and pc teamed together but cant get xbox player to join. I had big hassle getting sea of thieves to play pc and xbox together as well but got it working. Does anyone get hassle with crossplay and account sharing??

Im trying to get fortnite to play in same house on xbox and pc and with ps4 from another house. Xbox and pc have ultimate. Wrecking my head. Was able to get ps4 and pc teamed together but cant get xbox player to join. I had big hassle getting sea of thieves to play pc and xbox together as well but got it working. Does anyone get hassle with crossplay and account sharing??
    Fortnite has nothing to do with game pass??

Try going to the epic games website and login using your xbox account, this should link it to an epic account. Press the xbox icon on this page:
    https://www.epicgames.com/id/login?productName=epic-games&lang=en_US&redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.epicgames.com%2Fsite%2Fen-US%2Fhome&client_id=5a6fcd3b82e04f8fa0065253835c5221&noHostRedirect=true

Fortnite has nothing to do with game pass??

Try going to the epic games website and login using your xbox account, this should link it to an epic account. Press the xbox icon on this page:
    https://www.epicgames.com/id/login?productName=epic-games&lang=en_US&redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.epicgames.com%2Fsite%2Fen-US%2Fhome&client_id=5a6fcd3b82e04f8fa0065253835c5221&noHostRedirect=true

I know, i have it working on both seperatlly. Can get them playing together even with two seperate epic accounts. Could cross play noi bother with PC and PS4

I know, i have it working on both seperatlly. Can get them playing together even with two seperate epic accounts. Could cross play noi bother with PC and PS4
    Have you checked that the cross play setting are enabled within fortnite on the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Gears Tactics up for pre-install on the app!
    Release is 28th of April :)

Looks like Xcom or Mario + Rabbids :D

• Advertisement

Have you checked that the cross play setting are enabled within fortnite on the xbox?

Dont see any option for this in Fortnite Xbox... No luck so far getting.
    Tried again with Sea of Thieves last night and no luck getting it connecting.

Also getting voice chat to work from PC to Xbox is is as easy a plug and play both ends or do I need something else running besides xbox app on the PC.

Dont see any option for this in Fortnite Xbox... No luck so far getting.
    Tried again with Sea of Thieves last night and no luck getting it connecting.

Also getting voice chat to work from PC to Xbox is is as easy a plug and play both ends or do I need something else running besides xbox app on the PC.

If the cross play option is not showing in fortnite then you must have some restriction in place at a higher level. Is it a child account? Make sure that the xbox settings on the account allow cross play and allow communication outside of xbox live. Fortnite runs on Epic servers including comminication, not xbox live.

Gears Tactics is pretty good. The IP really suits the strategy genre.

Streets of Rage 4!

EW3aegBU8AsY2W1?format=jpg&name=small

Anyone play streets of Rage 4 yet??

Anyone play streets of Rage 4 yet??
    Yes, I'm loving it.

EXVkgovUcAMQDe1?format=jpg&name=large

Those are all really good additions.

I think FF9 might be my favourite FF game.

Haven't played endless legend but heard great things.

And of course Halo 2 is legendary!

Does anyone know a quick and easy way of adding these games to steam.
    Want to stream them via steam link.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Remouad wrote: »
    Does anyone know a quick and easy way of adding these games to steam.
    Want to stream them via steam link.

Never tried it myself but this might work: https://github.com/BrianLima/UWPHook/releases

Advertisement