Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EoinHef wrote: »
    Couldnt get online at all on GOW 1,did want to try that out.

Bit unfair to judge it by todays standard but was a bit to basic

Ill give four a bash,try the online as well hopefully

As mentioned above, Gears 4 is pretty average storywise with the early levels being super dull but it's worth playing through just for Gears 5, which is awesome even if it is a tad short.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm playing through 4 at the moment.

I loved all the other ones and flew through them, but got bored early in 4 and never finished it. Trying to get through it now so I can play 5. Surprisingly, when you read reviews 4 is ranked pretty highly compared to the rest.

As for online, Gears online really is a niche thing. It is so difficult and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bloodstained and Shadow Warrior 2 added

Bloodstained saved me a purchase, that only came out recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Limited amount,all gone a few days ago:(

The 5 months for €6 worked for me a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me is the €2 upgrade to ultimate a one of thing?

Not seeing the 5 months for €6, when you click the link it just brings you to the page for €1 for 1 month. Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Burgo wrote: »
    Not seeing the 5 months for €6, when you click the link it just brings you to the page for €1 for 1 month. Am i missing something?

When i clicked into the link there was two options,€1 for one month and €3 for 3 months.

Clicking it now im only seeing €1 for one month.

I did it on the App on a PC though,not sure if looking at it through a phone or browser makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got ultimate for 5 months for 11 about 2 weeks ago.

When I sent the above links to someone else it had changed and they only got 2 months.

EFRCwlxW4AIANfv?format=jpg&name=large

looking forward to dirt rally

Can ye still buy xbox live gold and then upgrade it to ultimate?

Dirt Rally 2.0 and Bad North are up

Killer Instinct finally fixed too!

So i tried to answer my own question,bought a live gold one year and a 3 month sub for ultimate off cdkeys. Cost aboutE 60.

Unfortunately for me the xbox live sub just converted to 4 months of game pass:(

I then added the 3 month sub and an interesting message came up,it said joining ultimate would convert any existing xbox live gold to ultimate game pass,up to 36 months of it,this could mean that deal may still be available if you have not signed up for game pass already. Not sure i could recomend trying just incase though as im not sure,it might just give 4 months for every year:P

Cdkeys have 3 month subs for E14.79 so for about the E60 you could get a year,probably what i should have done:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If your ultimate is nearly ran out I think it's possible to just cancel your sub altogether, redeem the one year gold then sign up for ultimate on the €1 offer again and you'll have a years worth again.

Pretty sure a few people did similar when the offer first came out and they didn't realise how it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone figured out how to stream games to TV ala SteamLink?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone figured out how to stream games to TV ala SteamLink?

Haven't yet but you should be able to add the games to steam and stream them like any steam game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

ShaneU wrote: »
    EFRCwlxW4AIANfv?format=jpg&name=large

looking forward to dirt rally
    Nice, wonder does VR work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

tried playing Dirt rally 2, frame rate was in the single digits on medium settings (rtx 2070, 32gb ram). Anyone else having problems with it?

Not seeing the new map?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

What'd be the difference between Cities Skylines on Steam and the Windows 10 Edition? I already have the Steam version.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What'd be the difference between Cities Skylines on Steam and the Windows 10 Edition? I already have the Steam version.

Nothing, they're the same game. Probably no mod support in win 10 one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mickeroo wrote: »

Didn't think of that. I'd be lost without my mods for that game

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good imo,nice and easy to dip in and out of arcadey style racer.

• Advertisement

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good imo,nice and easy to dip in and out of arcadey style racer.

Top class entertainment. I'm not sure what more you need from a video game.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nope, it does indeed have mod support on win 10 version and even on xbox btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I finally redeemed my alienware codes last night. Had 3 (:o). Got me 6 months gamepass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Trying to sign up for this again but i cant get past adding address and area code, wont accept area code and seems i cant change location from UK, is it just confined to UK for this €1 offer at this stage?

No,my mate used the €1 for one month then the upgrade to XGP for 2 months which left him woth 3 months XGP all in all about 4 days ago.

Could it be a one time offer?

I thought as much but i cant even sign up for regular monthly sub, its locked to UK region and wont accept my eircode and i cant change region so i cant actually progress to pay.

Are you on a browser? Try changing en-GB to en-IE in the url.

No i was using the xbox beta app on PC,tried to change region and no option to do do.
    I got it sorted, i just put in a fake UK format post code and it worked.
    Is it still possible to cancel now and have game pass until xbox live runs out?

As far as I know it should be as long as the upgrade offer is still there. I'm not 100% sure though to be honest, so only risk it if your sub is nearly ran out anyway.

Or do you mean just stop re-occurring billing? If that's the case you're fine you can turn that off straight away.

• Advertisement

Yeah i meant the upgrade to ultimate thingy that then gives you the remainder of xbox live sub as xbopx pass ultimate for remaining time.
    Ill probably wait until end of this month before i risk it.

Thanks for the info Mickeroo.

Advertisement