Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got this working eventually. Young lad just got a new xbox. Is there any reason we cant play co op on cross platform games??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Glebee wrote: »
    Got this working eventually. Young lad just got a new xbox. Is there any reason we cant play co op on cross platform games??

Depends on the game, very few of them have cross play. Gears of War 4 should but I'm not sure what else does. I would have thought you could cross play on Forza too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Depends on the game, very few of them have cross play. Gears of War 4 should but I'm not sure what else does. I would have thought you could cross play on Forza too.

I was thinking Sea of Thieves maybe, must check it out asap

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah that 100% has cross play between console and PC.

Gears 5 is, well Gears...part 5.

Interesting playing it on PC though which I haven't done before. I'm thinking it's probably suited better to a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gears 5 is, well Gears...part 5.

Interesting playing it on PC though which I haven't done before. I'm thinking it's probably suited better to a controller.

How does it compare to Gear's 4 if you've played both? I got the PC version of Gears 4 free with my GPU and while it ran fine and as a game it was ok, the gameplay loop felt dated as hell.

Venom wrote: »
    How does it compare to Gear's 4 if you've played both? I got the PC version of Gears 4 free with my GPU and while it ran fine and as a game it was ok, the gameplay loop felt dated as hell.
    The tech test is only multiplayer and only has a few modes. Gameplay wise it hasn't changed at all. But Gears has always been about the campaign for me.

Loved Gears 4, well worth a play on GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Venom wrote: »

The game isn't out yet.

Got Sea of Thieves working cross platform last night on the same account after a bit of messing, pretty cool.

Got Sea of Thieves working cross platform last night on the same account after a bit of messing, pretty cool.

You could just set up a second account on the xbox and play that way, no need to use the same account for both at all.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You could just set up a second account on the xbox and play that way, no need to use the same account for both at all.

Have it set up with a family account, new to xbox so it took a while to get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EAVvS8vX4AEiowK?format=jpg&name=large

Finished TimeSpinner yesterday , really good! I was very overpowered at the end though

I think sea of thieves is making my pc go crazy for some reason. Anyone else get strange crashes, etc when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I went to sign up for the pc beta, did any one else have an issue when paying with a card, that the country is down as the united kingdom instead of ireland ?
    Any where else i can buy the pass and put a code in or some thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Installed Killer Instinct definitive edition.

None of the characters are unlocked.

Brings me to the store to "buy to own" the definitive edition for €9.99 when I choose any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

downloading state of decay 2 was hoping it would show up on steam but at one euro i cant complain, does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    downloading state of decay 2 was hoping it would show up on steam but at one euro i cant complain, does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Not sure about ultimate or 4 as I didn't play them on pc but it felt fine with m&kb on the tech test for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Only played Ultimate and it was alright, but the fact that there are only as many control keys as there were buttons on a controller makes it a bit cumbersome at times. Like why are roadie run/cover/dodge etc. all on the same goddamn key... 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've played both Gears 1 Ultimate and Gears 4 via mouse and keyboard. While everything about Gears 1 was a total shít show, Gears 4 was fine with a mouse and keyboard, it's just that the control scheme itself is not optimised very well for a keyboard due to being a console port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone any experience of playing Sunset Overdrive with a controller through Game Pass? My wireless 360 controller isn't being recognised for some reason, and any fixes I find are Steam specific. It works with other Game Pass games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone any experience of playing Sunset Overdrive with a controller through Game Pass? My wireless 360 controller isn't being recognised for some reason, and any fixes I find are Steam specific. It works with other Game Pass games.

I've found the wired 360 controller to be very hit-and-miss as well. Could not get it to work with CrossCode at all, but the PS4 controller worked fine.

Just finished Metro Exodus, fantastic game.

Just finished Metro Exodus, fantastic game.

Just starting it, :p It seems a bit linear though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Aye i just installed it myself, didnt play the other 2 before it, tried to play the first one but it hasnt aged well so i gave up on it, watched a catch up video on youtube before it instead. :pac:

I have Vampyr installed also but for some reason just cant bring myself to start it :confused:

Just starting it, :p It seems a bit linear though...
    Yeah there are some small open world sections but it's mostly linear. Not a negative in my view.

nix wrote: »
    Aye i just installed it myself, didnt play the other 2 before it, tried to play the first one but it hasnt aged well so i gave up on it, watched a catch up video on youtube before it instead. :pac:

I have Vampyr installed also but for some reason just cant bring myself to start it :confused:
    I'm the same with vampyr. Cant decide to go with that or shadow of mordor next. Guess I can try both and see, beauty of game pass :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Really liking Metro exodus, been awhile since ive had to tear myself away from a game. These days i find i wanna take a break after an hour or two, sank over 4 hours into this tonight without realising. It's like a smaller but more refined version of fallout, deadly! :)

I'm the same with vampyr. Cant decide to go with that or shadow of mordor next. Guess I can try both and see, beauty of game pass :-)

Vampyr wins. Campaign games need a strong narrative to keep me interested. Shadow of War just isn't gripping me... I'll probably come back to it but Vampyr is up first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems to be only offering me one month for €1 then €12.99 per month thereafter.

Advertisement