Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As someone who has only played the other GoW games (God of War), How is Gears of War Ultimate? I think I read somewhere it was a poor port/upgrade

It's fúcking awful. Runs like crap overall and one of the worst ports I've played in a long time. Think I got about 3 missions in before I had enough and uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Is there a PC version of Xbox client ? I have to go into the Microsoft store and search for game pass.

Not that this is an issue but the store front for Microsoft is crap .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Calhoun wrote: »
    Is there a PC version of Xbox client ? I have to go into the Microsoft store and search for game pass.

Not that this is an issue but the store front for Microsoft is crap .

Are you not just using the Xbox app?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Microsoft need to employ a mathematician.

484694.jpg

Gears.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are you not just using the Xbox app?

Ah thats it thank you, i had the console companion already on the PC so got confused over which one i was using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Calhoun wrote: »
    Ah thats it thank you, i had the console companion already on the PC so got confused over which one i was using.

Yeah, they renamed the Xbox app to console companion and confused everyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is that the right thing im looking at, 1 Pound for a first month at the moment and then normally 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Glebee wrote: »
    Is that the right thing im looking at, 1 Pound for a first month at the moment and then normally 3.99

Where are you seeing that?

My sub says after the 2 years i paid for, the reoccurring payment will be €12.99 every month.

So the 3.99 you're seeing is likely promotional and will only be that for the first few months most likely.

nix wrote: »

My sub says after the 2 years i paid for, the reoccurring payment will be €12.99 every month.

So the 3.99 you're seeing is likely promotional and will only be that for the first few months most likely.

Gamepass for PC is currently €3.99 outside the Xbox ecosystem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

It's gamepass ultimate that's €12.99, which includes the PC side.

I believe that €3.99 is meant to jump to €7.99 at a later date, as it's an introductory price.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?cid=msft_web_gamesforwindows_chart&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

• Advertisement

wow, thats pretty darn decent so

Sorry for the misinformation :P

I just went for both for the two years xbox live gold passes trick which works out at €3.33ish but you gotta pay more upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

wow, thats pretty darn decent so

Sorry for the misinformation :P

I just went for both for the two years xbox live gold passes trick which works out at €3.33ish but you gotta pay more upfront.

if you haven't upgraded to ultimate yet you can also get another 2 months by getting the game pass intro pack and going for the recurring subscription.

Remouad wrote: »
    if you haven't upgraded to ultimate yet you can also get another 2 months by getting the game pass intro pack and going for the recurring subscription.

Aye i did, i got 2 x 12month live gold subs and when i fully upgraded, i got like 27months worth of subs. I'm signed up until near end of September 2021 :D

I dont even have an Xbox, Xbox need to pump out more exclusives for me to get one tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I believe that €3.99 is meant to jump to €7.99 at a later date, as it's an introductory price.

I thought it was going to go up to a tenner, at least based on one of the game pass sign-up pages seemed to have a €9.99 struck out behind the advertised €3.99 during the beta.

When it does jump up though, I'm going have to reconsider whether I'm getting my money's worth out of game pass. I mean I've been making great use of it so far with the starting library, but I have to wonder how quickly new games will be arriving on game pass down the line and whether I'll be still playing what's available to make it worth a tenner.

Subbed for the 1 euro first month offer. Turn out my Windows wont update to the newest version so i cant download anything from the Windows Store for some reason, just get an error message..:confused::confused: Im guessing the windows bug and the store are linked somehow. When ever I update Windows I just get a black screen with a cursor and end up having to rollback update..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I thought it was going to go up to a tenner, at least based on one of the game pass sign-up pages seemed to have a €9.99 struck out behind the advertised €3.99 during the beta.

When it does jump up though, I'm going have to reconsider whether I'm getting my money's worth out of game pass. I mean I've been making great use of it so far with the starting library, but I have to wonder how quickly new games will be arriving on game pass down the line and whether I'll be still playing what's available to make it worth a tenner.

You'll always be able to buy cheaper subscription keys on the likes of Cd-Keys anyway. Amazon have had a year for 50 quid before too.

9.99 is the price on console so I'd imagine their goal is for it to cost the same on both platforms alright.

TheChrisD wrote: »

Keep an eye on the game pass thread in the xbox forum as well as this one. Games used to come in quickly for the xbox and I can only hope the same for PC.

As for the pricing. I clicked a link for GP for PC and it was $4.99, soon to be $9.99 and I changed the region to IE. The price changed to €3.99 and I assumed that it would be double after promotion to €7.99 like the dollar price. But if it goes to €9.99 with the library that it has now, I can see a lot of drop off at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Subbed for the 1 euro first month offer. Turn out my Windows wont update to the newest version so i cant download anything from the Windows Store for some reason, just get an error message..:confused::confused: Im guessing the windows bug and the store are linked somehow. When ever I update Windows I just get a black screen with a cursor and end up having to rollback update..

Are you manually downloading the update or using the Windows Update tool?

Are you manually downloading the update or using the Windows Update tool?

Windows update tool, no matter what way I try it I always end up at black screen with cursor. Then need to rollback to get windows working.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems like i got charged for this today, even though i bought the 12 months subscription through Live thing. Will have to check that when i get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Windows update tool, no matter what way I try it I always end up at black screen with cursor. Then need to rollback to get windows working.

Try downloading the latest patch manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Try downloading the latest patch manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Tried that, no matter what I try I still end up at that black screen and need to roll back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Free DLC for The Messenger is out but I can't get it working?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Kiith wrote: »
    Seems like i got charged for this today, even though i bought the 12 months subscription through Live thing. Will have to check that when i get home.

Did you convert the Live subscription to Ultimate?

Turns out i may have activated it on a different account. I've got two Microsoft accounts, and the year long key seems to be on the other one.

Wonder if MS would move that across for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1151170439088992256

Night Call, 7/17 - PC
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, 7/18 - Console
    The Banner Saga 3, 7/18 - PC and Console
    Resident Evil 4, 7/25 - Console
    Killer Instinct DE, 7/25 - PC and Console
    For The King, 7/25 - PC

There's a tech test for Gears of War 5 this weekend, anyone with game pass should have access.

They really need to release the earlier games on PC if they want me to have any interest in the series.

They really need to release the earlier games on PC if they want me to have any interest in the series.

Yeah would be nice to see that happen, you'd think they will eventually. The first game is there, heard it has performance issues though. Four there too obviously.

Tech test is multi player only anyway.

• Advertisement

There first one was remastered and is on the game pass, its pretty boring though, i gave up on it after the first act. I have no doubt they will port 2 and 3 in the near future.

You would want to be playing co-op with friends to enjoy these games, its all mind numbing otherwise i found.

Advertisement