Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

At the moment with some stables under the weather john Joe/Henderson be very wary of horses running well on flat tracks against non stayers.I firmly totally disagree with timeform with regards the lexus.Sunday will tell a big story with bumper (ground a serious problem,great mover).what I have seen based on my ratings the new one will win the champion hurdle.best novice is jp's for Mullins that won at leopardstown.
    Y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Au Quart Du Tour was impressive there but have to say I was more taken with Up For Reviews win a few weeks back. Hopefully he'll be bigger than 10/1 on the day if Patrick picks a Ricci fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Up for Review the most impressive for me as well. He absolutely breezed all the way

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Up for Review the most impressive for me as well. He absolutely breezed all the way

Yea Ruby was very strong on him in his Examiner column that weekend and while he drifted like a barge in the betting, Patrick was very agressive on him and rode like a proper one. I know Bordini is useful too but I think Ruby will opt for him if a Patrick doesn't.

You all could be right about the bumper.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Au Quart Du Tour was impressive there but have to say I was more taken with Up For Reviews win a few weeks back. Hopefully he'll be bigger than 10/1 on the day if Patrick picks a Ricci fav.
    I rated you a clever judge of form but where are brains when rating up for review against aqdt.

sting60 wrote: »
    I rated you a clever judge of form but where are brains when rating up for review against aqdt.

Honestly, struggling to translate the above.

I wasn't "rating" any horse against another. They're bumper horses ffs. All I stated was that having watched both horses run, I'd be happy to chance UFR against the Ricci horse on the presumption that he could end up 4-6pts bigger on the day. It doesn't bother me what word there is from the Mullins yard as given they're not tested at home and win easily in Ireland, we won't learn a jot until the day. Just look at the prices Champagne Fever and Briar Hill won at. I do like Up For Review though we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

sting60 wrote: »
    You all could be right about the bumper.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Your a bleeding headbanger. Do you come in twisted from the pub and start posting on here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I'm amazed at the amount of Mullins horses being discussed. He won't win nearly as many races as plenty here think.

Huntley wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the amount of Mullins horses being discussed. He won't win nearly as many races as plenty here think.

Was just thinking the same today. He's got 5 clear favs for the first day alone. In reality, if you offered him that for the week he'd probably take it as would mean trainers championship. Henderson's 6 from 2011 is the best total in last 20 years so given Willie has 8-10 horses vying for favouritism, high profile losers are guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I was waiting for your thread this season? You knocked out a 65point + profit for the Cheltenham one last season. Are you going to open one again? I enjoy the banter and opinions/insights that your threads generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Your a bleeding headbanger. Do you come in twisted from the pub and start posting on here :pac:

It would appear so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    I was waiting for your thread this season? You knocked out a 65point + profit for the Cheltenham one last season. Are you going to open one again? I enjoy the banter and opinions/insights that your threads generate.

Definitely second this. Was great to see some properly educated(and heated) debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Couldnt agree more.

Faugheen is not the penalty kick people make him out to be.

UDS and Vautour have strong claims but his chasers have question marks. Fever could struggle to get home in the Ryanair.

Annie Power if going to mares should win but doubts after injury, she wont win World if ROR and More of That stand their ground.

Oddly enough inspite of above his best chance could be in gold cup, though Holywell looks the springer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Out Sam at 20s for the Albert Bartlett looks good value atm. The form of his debut win is very, very strong. He runs again on Wednesday at Newbury.

Shemale wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more.

Faugheen is not the penalty kick people make him out to be.

UDS and Vautour have strong claims but his chasers have question marks. Fever could struggle to get home in the Ryanair.

Annie Power if going to mares should win but doubts after injury, she wont win World if ROR and More of That stand their ground.

Oddly enough inspite of above his best chance could be in gold cup, though Holywell looks the springer.

Fever will run in Champion Chase

If it comes up heavy (highly unlikely I know) i'll be all over Sam Winner in the Gold Cup. Great attitude and would do 2 circuits of the Gold Cup distance doing cartweels :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

sam winner won't be winning any gold cup regardless of the ground.

sam winner won't be winning any gold cup regardless of the ground.

You could get worse value around. He is 33/1. Was only beaten a few lengths by the current 2nd fav in Road to Riches in the Lexus and finished in front of Boston Bob who is 14s. CD win on his cv too which is a massive plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

33s isn't bad value actually.

• Advertisement

33s isn't bad value actually.

Great value in what looks a shocking renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Great value in what looks a shocking renewal.

I agree with this but if he wins he will be the worst winner of a gold cup since cool dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Could I be so rude as to ask for peoples opinions on who they would back now to win both the World Hurdle and Gold Cup.....Im entering a predictions competition that covers a wide range of sports and my horse racing is weak to say the least

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

Could I be so rude as to ask for peoples opinions on who they would back now to win both the World Hurdle and Gold Cup.....Im entering a predictions competition that covers a wide range of sports and my horse racing is weak to say the least

Thanks in advance

More Of That and Boston Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Thanks in advance

Rock on ruby and silviniaco conti

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Thanks in advance

Annie Power for the World Hurdle & Silviniaco Conti for the Gold Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Thanks in advance

More of That and Holywell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

World Hurdle, If Rock on Ruby goes for it and he stays at all, it looks a penalty kick as nearly everything else isn't going or is out of form.. Gold Cup I'm still keen on Bobs Worth at 20/1

aidankkk wrote: »
    World Hurdle, If Rock on Ruby goes for it and he stays at all, it looks a penalty kick as nearly everything else isn't going or is out of form.. Gold Cup I'm still keen on Bobs Worth at 20/1

If More Of That returns to form, which is likely given how poor Jonjos form proved to be after his loss, ROR as good as he is won't live with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Thanks in advance

Rock On Ruby and Holywell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement