Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming for Tri Beginners

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

For anybody that's still clinging onto this thread and/or doesn't do the whole group/club swim or coached sessions I recommend the Swim Smooth online app.

I signed up for the 48 hour free trial and was so impressed I signed up for a paid month.
    The book is great but the videos are a major help
    Endless sessions and plans to correct any flaw. Plus training plans for multiple race distances.

Then again, I like drills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

A cool video here of some of the fastest swimmers in the sport at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

who's going to start the stroke analysis? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Dragging up an old thread but there should be a few starting to get busy in the pool now.

Anyway quick question. Can anyone recommend a good set of those silicone ear plugs. I've noticed I'm starting to get a lot of ear ache in one ear and I'm considering buying a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Dragging up an old thread but there should be a few starting to get busy in the pool now.

Anyway quick question. Can anyone recommend a good set of those silicone ear plugs. I've noticed I'm starting to get a lot of ear ache in one ear and I'm considering buying a set.

Using these in the sea for a couple of years. Fit grand and have had no problems with the cold water getting in

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/speedo-ergo-ear-plugs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

iwillhtfu wrote: »

I don't know anything about ear plugs, but I always keep on hand a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 1 part rubbing alcohol and squirt a few drops in my ears every so often to prevent a problem from occurring. I've used this mixture for as long as I've been swimming, and it works like a charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

This thread is fantastic!!

For anyone interested...I've attached all the weekly programs in a word document with each one on a separate page for printing out or whatever!

But its also handy to read through the pages to see peoples feedback/tips!?

Advertisement