Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭HBC08

20/20 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was the same clinic as Paul ?
    You do seem to state a lot of information as fact just because you personally didnt like them.

[If I had to go to someone in Ireland I'd go to Dr Nel.] You do not have to go to anybody anywhere. Its your vanity that made you get a procedure done in the first place. There is a lot more to life then having a full head of hair, and having read some of your comments you may be spending to many years researching and trying different methods. Your hair looks good now and its a big change from what you had.

Thanks I'm happy with it.I still go on the forums though as I may go for another,it'll be the crown this time but as I'm learning the crown done right is arguable more difficult to the front.I like learning about this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheGambler15

Can anyone at all tell me anything about the possible price of Tir Na Nog? Or has anyone even got a quote from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Have to agree with some here about ailesbury, the results i have seen from them are poor, from people on here who went with them and also the results they promote, they are similar price to dr nel and in my opinion he is much better for approx the same cost. It is simply worth spending more money within reason to get this done. MHR tir na nog clinics, i have seen nothing from them to suggest i would leave my dog have a transplant with them. Dont try to do it on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paul000111

20/20 wrote: »
    Where are you getting this information from and what do you mean by unproven ?
    There are only a few hair clinics in Ireland and I think Paul went to Ailesbury Hair Clinic. Not The Ailesbury. At least get the name right if you are talking about the same place.

Yes mate, to clarify any confusion, it was the Ailesbury hair clinic I went to, beside national gallery. HBCO8 seems to be the resident expert on world wide hair transplants on here, and not very happy with anyone having an opinion or offering experiences that in any way differ from his.
    The idea of this platform is for people to share experiences and ask questions, mine is just my experience, I’ve shared my experience of my hair transplant. I visited 4 different Irish clinics for consultations before making my decision on who to use.
    Good luck to anyone thinking about it, don’t let the noise on here sway your decision.

Paul000111 wrote: »
    Yes mate, to clarify any confusion, it was the Ailesbury hair clinic I went to, beside national gallery. HBCO8 seems to be the resident expert on world wide hair transplants on here, and not very happy with anyone having an opinion or offering experiences that in any way differ from his.
    The idea of this platform is for people to share experiences and ask questions, mine is just my experience, I’ve shared my experience of my hair transplant. I visited 4 different Irish clinics for consultations before making my decision on who to use.
    Good luck to anyone thinking about it, don’t let the noise on here sway your decision.

Wow!cheers for the dig,wasnt there a mod note about keeping things civil and not derailing the thread a couple of days ago?
    I've stressed in all of my posts that anything I've written is only my opinion and my experiences.
    I don't think you need to be a HT expert to spot the less smart options on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 0879628553

I was told by tir na nog i needed 1000 grafts and they quoted me 3000 euro.I talked with other clinics and was told i needed 2000 grafts

0879628553 wrote: »
    I was told by tir na nog i needed 1000 grafts and they quoted me 3000 euro.I talked with other clinics and was told i needed 2000 grafts

Apologies if you have already but can you show a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheGambler15

€3 per graft then. Most of the lads on here seem to have needed around the 2500 graft mark even though I know each case is very different.

i just got a quote from them.they have photos on instagram which arent great to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

i just got a quote from them.they have photos on instagram which arent great to be honest.

I think he was asking for a photo of your hair as opposed to their work

• Advertisement

It wont upload my photo for some reason.il keep trying.

Remember what they put on on IG is their absolute best work.
    If that's not excellent then they're not capable of doing it.
    I took screen shots and uploaded them that way if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Paul000111 wrote: »
    Hi mate, it’s a shame you didn’t get what you expected from your HT with MHR, although the pics your posted look very good and the patch in the crown is practically invisible.
    I would agree with your comments that Kim was less than professional. When I visited, she was smoking in her office and the room stank, she then spent the first 30 minutes telling me how she had fallen out with the guy who runs the Manchester branch of MHR and how they were splitting. I asked her for pictures of Irish guys who had the op with them, but she kept referring me back to some English male model that came over from the UK (years before hand ). In the end, it was the price that put me off, she was 2K between 2000 and 2500 grafts, this was less than Turkey, and a fraction of what Blackrock hair restoration quoted me.
    In the end I went with Ailesbury, 5K for 2500 hairs. I had it done at the beginning of November, so I’m just going into my 4th month. I had my temples filled and crown bulked out, so it’s starting to take effect, I should see more at the end of this month.
    I can’t fault Ailesbury, they were great leading up to and on the day of the op. The needles a few people spoke of are pretty grim, after the 4th or 5th you stop feeling them, but the first few feel like your head has been caught by a fishing line hook . The Valium the give you helps.
    I was back in work. 5 days later, no comments from people and in second week you could not even tell.
    Best of luck to anyone thinking of having one, for me, it was best decision ever.

I haven't posted any pics mate except to people over PM. I think you're confusing me with somebody else.

Yes I also got the same spiel off her about splitting up with the Manchester Branch and also the use of the one male model (who got his HT done in 2016).

Anyway I'm looking forward to the consultation with Dr Nel and to know excatly where I stand. He seems top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,721 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TripleAce wrote: »
    Interesting thread. If you could pick any surgeon in the world (lets say you win a free hair transplant) who would you pick?

And if you had to chose between on of these three?
    - Bisanga
    - Koray Erdogan
    - Cinik

Dr. Juan Couto Madrid would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrelandABU

dashman wrote: »
    Lads, looking for bit of advice. having a procedure done with Dr Nel in 2 weeks for 2700 grafts and I'm kinda bricking it. Anyone know what I should expect on the day? Like, will I be comfortable pain wise, the after surgery period and stupid things like should I bring an ipad to watch a bit of Netflix during the procedure?. haha thanks.

Have a look at page 40/41 of this thread, I go through each day of my experience with Dr. Nel.

8.5 months later and couldn’t be happier.

Feel free to pm me with any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭benny79

I went to Dr Saifi in Poland about 2 years ago explained everything was totally painless got 2000 grafts was about €5000 including hotel 4 days. Flights were only €80 extra. I do need a second one though and I spent about 10 years researching it and most people do say you need 2. One to cover the area and two for density. I would of liked more grafts but he told me at the start my hair wasn't in great condition and I should of gone on his CR Labs programme before hand. I did go on it after . Its basically 3 months supply of different shampoos and viles. It was €350 extra all for condition your hair and making it stronger. Plus I bought a laser to thicken the hair. The shampoos Im really not sure about, either the laser but I researched that before I went and people swear by it. Massaging the head is good for hair growth so I dont know. I use it everyday about for 90 secs and will have it for life.

Dr. Juan Couto Madrid is booked out beyond belief. I was suppose to be there last June, and of course we all know why that didn't happen. They never rearranged it, and now I'm so far down the queue it would be 2 plus years to get another slot with him.
    Their youtube channel resulted in them getting 1000's of emails per week, so much so that they are impossible to even get a reply out of them these days.

South Korea could be my next bet? Any thoughts on surgeons there?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone watching First Dates and the lad with the hair transplant. Not too long done on the date, but the VT afterwards it seems to be well bedded in

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone watching First Dates and the lad with the hair transplant. Not too long done on the date, but the VT afterwards it seems to be well bedded in
    The hair did look suspicious from the beginning. It is so easy to spot out, especially if the hairline is created.
    Hats off to him for being so honest on national telly

• Advertisement

Most hand created hairlines are really obvious to be fair. He'd be a mug to lie about it!

South Korea could be my next bet? Any thoughts on surgeons there?

I lived in Korea for nearly a decade.
    They have the highest rate of cosmetic surgery in the world.
    I don't know of specific ht surgeons there but prices are not cheap.Also you would have to take into account that they would mostly be dealing with Asian hair characteristics which would be very different to our own.Then you have to factor in a costly flight and a long haul journey with at least one stopover.Currently in Korea they have mandatory 2 week hotel quarantine at your own expense.I know a lad who did it last month and was sending me pics,it was fairly grim.
    When you ad up all these things i don't see any advantage of going to korea for a ht (I'd highly recommend it for a visit and the craic,it's a great spot!)
    If you were considering Couto then I have a fair idea of your budget.There plenty of similar surgeons in Europe at that level.
    I was chatting to the rep at Bisanga yesterday,he told me they have never had as much enquires, there's a massive backlog of pent up demand and rescheduled surgeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭benny79

To be honest when I was watching it last night I said to myself he has a good head of hair missed the bit where he said he had a HT done obviously.

I told everyone about mine nobody cares. A few couldnt believe it.

benny79 wrote: »
    To be honest when I was watching it last night I said to myself he has a good head of hair missed the bit where he said he had a HT done obviously.

I told everyone about mine nobody cares. A few couldnt believe it.

Exactly. Keeping it a secret only fosters the idea there's something to be hiding.

HBC08 wrote: »
    I lived in Korea for nearly a decade.
    They have the highest rate of cosmetic surgery in the world.
    I don't know of specific ht surgeons there but prices are not cheap.Also you would have to take into account that they would mostly be dealing with Asian hair characteristics which would be very different to our own.Then you have to factor in a costly flight and a long haul journey with at least one stopover.Currently in Korea they have mandatory 2 week hotel quarantine at your own expense.I know a lad who did it last month and was sending me pics,it was fairly grim.
    When you ad up all these things i don't see any advantage of going to korea for a ht (I'd highly recommend it for a visit and the craic,it's a great spot!)
    If you were considering Couto then I have a fair idea of your budget.There plenty of similar surgeons in Europe at that level.
    I was chatting to the rep at Bisanga yesterday,he told me they have never had as much enquires, there's a massive backlog of pent up demand and rescheduled surgeries.

Can you give me a list .

As for Korea. I'd so made a trip of that, stay for 3 months.

South Korea is at the cutting edge. The things they do there are beyond belief

e060fc1adf08f0c1a5e65e16062077b5.jpg

OB-UW605_PLASTI_G_20121008055112.jpg
    11064_00.jpg

01_Alexsandro_Before-and-afterfront.jpg

441f2a9f3e13eeefadf9e4ca264a7a9d.jpg

South Korea

ForHair

Those are decent results but nothing you don't see elsewhere really.

Monokne wrote: »
    Those are decent results but nothing you don't see elsewhere really.

Agree,it really doesn't make much sense going to korea for a HT from Ireland.Cost,convenience,skill......no reason.
    Also,between flights,accommodation and spending money it would cost about an extra €5k.
    As far as u know there aren't any truely top level surgeons there either and their prices aren't cheap.
    When you consider all this it seems like a bit of a mad whim to go to live in Korea for 3 months to get a HT.
    (Coindentially I went to korea for a supposed 3 month work contract and stayed there 10 years!)

• Advertisement

HBC08 wrote: »
    Agree,it really doesn't make much sense going to korea for a HT from Ireland.Cost,convenience,skill......no reason.
    Also,between flights,accommodation and spending money it would cost about an extra €5k.
    As far as u know there aren't any truely top level surgeons there either and their prices aren't cheap.
    When you consider all this it seems like a bit of a mad whim to go to live in Korea for 3 months to get a HT.
    (Coindentially I went to korea for a supposed 3 month work contract and stayed there 10 years!)

That is quite a coincidence to be fair!

Advertisement