Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Rambling mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Did he really just say that the European Union was formed to take advantage of the US?

Did he really just say that the European Union was formed to take advantage of the US?

I tend to lose concentration when I hear the pots ringing, would be great if every so often Dr. Birx could appear to take his temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CNN cut away when it became clearly just a case of Trump trying to Hatch Act himself some free air time.

Of course, the Hatch Act doesn't include the President, but most Presidents are a little more differentiating between execution of duties and of campaigning. These reporters were gathered to hear the US's response to the China-HK situation, not re-electioneering.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-cuts-away-from-trump-rose-garden-event-hes-clearly-deteriorating-into-a-campaign-type-speech/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump says that net-zero carbon emissions for buildings "basically means no windows."

You heard it folks, Biden wants to get rid of windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Questions!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The Bikers.
    Backbone of America

OANN reporter now asking him questions they rehersed earlier, such bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,892 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish reporters wouldnt even give him time tbh, it was basically a mini propaganda event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, now that the White House attempts to gaslight the gravity of resurgent Covid-19 infection in words has failed, and everyone knows they are simply lying through their collective teeth, they've decided to shut off the flow of data upon which objective analysis can be made.

From tomorrow, Wednesday, hospitals have been told to bypass the CDC with their reporting of cases and report instead directly to the DHS in DC.

And they said that CHINA was fudging the figures??? Well, you ain't seen nothing yet!!! What DeSantis has been doing in Florida migrates onto the national stage... Appalling denial of reality and suppression of facts!

• Advertisement

RBG hospitalized with fever and chills

Overheal wrote: »
    RBG hospitalized with fever and chills

They're saying it's a bile duct infection. .. really hope is not the Rona! !!

I've just dusted down the Rosary beads. I'll be fingering them all night... :eek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    So, now that the White House attempts to gaslight the gravity of resurgent Covid-19 infection in words has failed, and everyone knows they are simply lying through their collective teeth, they've decided to shut off the flow of data upon which objective analysis can be made.

From tomorrow, Wednesday, hospitals have been told to bypass the CDC with their reporting of cases and report instead directly to the DHS in DC.

And they said that CHINA was fudging the figures??? Well, you ain't seen nothing yet!!! What DeSantis has been doing in Florida migrates onto the national stage... Appalling denial of reality and suppression of facts!

Some-one in the W/House realised the truth was sinking into peoples minds again.

So, Jeff Sessions's attempt at political resurrection has fallen flat in Alabama tonight. He's been beaten by Trump favourite Tommy Tuberville who will face off against Doug Jones in November.

It as hard to see Jones retaining that seat for the Dems but Tuberville's close association with Trump may have become a liability by then...

wasn't even close; not sure if people just hate Sessions, just really love Trump, really thought Tubs was the best man, or what. Was Trump endorsing him before he had a chance of winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

wasn't even close; not sure if people just hate Sessions, just really love Trump, really thought Tubs was the best man, or what. Was Trump endorsing him before he had a chance of winning?

Does it matter why? People had the choice to go with a clear Trump lacky or someone who actually stood up for the law.

They overwhelmingly choose Trump and have effectively given their endorsement to Trump to continue as is. A big win for Sessions would have sent a shock wave through the Trump team. Instead this gives Trump a massive boost.

one can only conclude that GOPers are .ore than happy with Trump, and thus how he is performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

CNN cut away when it became clearly just a case of Trump trying to Hatch Act himself some free air time.

Of course, the Hatch Act doesn't include the President, but most Presidents are a little more differentiating between execution of duties and of campaigning. These reporters were gathered to hear the US's response to the China-HK situation, not re-electioneering.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-cuts-away-from-trump-rose-garden-event-hes-clearly-deteriorating-into-a-campaign-type-speech/

Has this ever happened with another president?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Would Trump have enough time to Jusitice Ginsberg ??? All hell would break loose after what sessions did with Obama’s nominations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,033 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would Trump have enough time to Jusitice Ginsberg ??? All hell would break loose after what sessions did with Obama’s nominations

McConnell

And nope, all hell wouldn't break loose, McConnell has already confirmed he would fill the seat. He would do it with a big smile on his face because his voters don't give a **** and he don't give a **** either.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

TomOnBoard wrote: »

I predict a sharp downturn in both cases and deaths, pew pew pew! Go trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,033 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I would hope that at this point people realise that it isn't just Trump is the big problem here. He could not do the things he does without having so many complicit partners.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I would hope that at this point people realise that it isn't just Trump is the big problem here. He could not do the things he does without having so many complicit partners.

Absolutely, but those partners are loving having him be the front of the operation, all previous presidents had to at least pretend they gave a **** (god dubya looks like a saint at this stage).

Can you imagine the shenanigans they will get up to if he gets reelected, i can't even imagine a trump who doesn't have to worry about reelection.

eldamo wrote: »
    I predict a sharp downturn in both cases and deaths, pew pew pew! Go trump.

Unfortunately for those aboard the USS Nation, the iceberg under the water will still sink the ship.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Unfortunately for those aboard the USS Nation, the iceberg under the water will still sink the ship.

I have no idea why the hospitals are full, must be the radical left....

i can imagine him ignoring any and all questions that involve the word covid and or corona from now on

na na na. i can't hear you, gotta say kung flu

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Even Fox News thought is was mental..

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1283180368594718721

I know Baier is one of the actual journalists on Fox , but still having them say it out loud on Prime Time is something

Where they used a White House address to just bash their opponent for the better part of an hour? No I really don’t think so, not in modern history. Even right wing pundits panned the performance

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bret-baier-republicans-would-have-been-up-in-arms-if-obama-gave-the-campaign-style-speech-trump-just-did/

Edit: quin beat me there

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And Ivanka breaking the Hatch act (again) closed out the day..
    Ivanka Trump is facing backlash after tweeting a photo of herself holding up a can of Goya beans. The tweet from the president's daughter includes Goya's slogan, "If it's Goya, it has to be good," in both English and in Spanish. She also posted the image to her Facebook and Instagram pages.

The White House is backing away from Peter Navarro's Op-Ed piece slamming Dr Fauci, as it was not approved for publication by the Administration Publicity people there.

eldamo wrote: »
    I have no idea why the hospitals are full, must be the radical left....

i can imagine him ignoring any and all questions that involve the word covid and or corona from now on

na na na. i can't hear you, gotta say kung flu

You certainly can mimic his mindset off to a T. He probably would not appreciate your sarcasm at his expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    The White House is backing away from Peter Navarro's Op-Ed piece slamming Dr Fauci, as it was not approved for publication by the Administration Publicity people there.

Yeah, I believe that as much as I believe the numbers being reported!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement