Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who is MJF ?

He's the next Stone Cold, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who is MJF ?

Marty McFly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Who is MJF ?

AEW Heel and Jim Cornettes illegitimate son (Jim's claim!)

He's Maxwell Jacob Friedman. Line of the day for me today was his Twitter. Conrad said 'i hate you'. His response... 'Get in line, turkey tits'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Jacob_Friedman

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who is MJF ?

A future star who can talk like very few can.

The WWE need to do a proper dominant heel faction with Nakamura, Kairi & Asuka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The WWE need to do a proper dominant heel faction with Nakamura, Kairi & Asuka.

I'd be for it but they would get "WHAT?!"-ed into oblivion by live crowds and then a large portion of internet fans would be claiming it's "racist" teaming them up like when they were given the Kabuki Warriors despite the fact Asuka and Kairi picked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

They would prob end up being called "The Dynasty" with Emperor Nakamura and His Kabuki Warriors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sirsok wrote: »
    They would prob end up being called "The Dynasty" with Emperor Nakamura and His Kabuki Warriors.....

I kinda love that

Admitingly i did too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Survivor series team Club lead by Styles vs Team NXT lead by Triple H ???

Edit possible summerslam angle between Triple H and Styles more likely

• Advertisement

Survivor series team Club lead by Styles vs Team NXT lead by Triple H ???

Edit possible summerslam angle between Triple H and Styles more likely

Definitely not. Survivor Series isn't until November. Styles and the boys will have disbanded by then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Definitely not. Survivor Series isn't until November. Styles and the boys will have disbanded by then

I don't know, could maybe see them staying together for at least the rest of the year. Styles and Michaels were saying something to each other as the club left ringside, wouldn't be surprised to see both guys fight come the next Saudi event in October or November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Every time DX has one of their reunions, it always seems like they have to confront another tag team, stable or wrestler and they always come out looking good in the end. Just once I wish they would come out looking bad.

This weeks Raw would have been the perfect opportunity to get The O.C some tremendous heel heat by having them destroy DX and the Kliq. Just ambush them with steel chair and beat the hell out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Every time DX has one of their reunions, it always seems like they have to confront another tag team, stable or wrestler and they always come out looking good in the end. Just once I wish they would come out looking bad.

This weeks Raw would have been the perfect opportunity to get The O.C some tremendous heel heat by having them destroy DX and the Kliq. Just ambush them with steel chair and beat the hell out of them.

Just egos.
    Think about it.... Michaels doesn't wrestle anymore (well if/when he wants to of sorts) and Triple H is part time. They could easily shine a tag team.
    I get the counter argument tho, if it doesn't lead to a match whats the point. Fans would be expecting some match. But then more egos. Michaels and Triple H wouldn't want to lose to "joe-nobodys"

Think that whole "put someone over on the way out" is'nt a mentality shared by most wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Styles and the boys

That should've been their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Look at this for a throwback. These were posted in 2014.
    rovert wrote: »
    We've found the new Shield

MellowArtisticAphid.gif
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Juliet.Oscar.Bravo.Bravo.Echo.Romeo.Sierra

I called them jobbers and now they're World Champion and Tag Team Champions together. Unfathomable back then.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Look at this for a throwback. These were posted in 2014.

I called them jobbers and now they're World Champion and Tag Team Champions together. Unfathomable back then.

......unless you were rovert......

Sirsok wrote: »
    ......unless you were rovert......

Used to hate that Rovert :pac: He always came off as knowing everything and viewed his own opinion as fact.

The previous leggo :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Used to hate that Rovert :pac: He always came off as knowing everything and viewed his own opinion as fact.

Ron-Simmons-Damn.jpg

That's a bit unfair mate.

He who shall not be named was a creep, a bully and a narcissist. Never mind was, actually, still is, going by his twitter and the opinion of him over on r/squaredcircle too.

He never thanked anybody, and never engaged in proper debate with anybody either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He who shall not be named was a creep, a bully and a narcissist. Never mind was, actually, still is, going by his twitter and the opinion of him over on r/squaredcircle too.

He never thanked anybody, and never engaged in proper debate with anybody either.

Only realised recently that he is infamous on Reddit. Saw his name mentioned by a few people and I was thinking "Boards Rovert? Our Rovert?"

Seems like he is a Z-tier gossip merchant.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Only realised recently that he is infamous on Reddit. Saw his name mentioned by a few people and I was thinking "Boards Rovert? Our Rovert?"

Should we start a thread with a poll...Do you trust Z-tier gossip merchant anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

Should we start a thread with a poll...Do you trust Z-tier gossip merchant anymore?
    That person formally of this parish and who I've seen on other messsge boards talking in compete absolutes is the IWC version of Enzo Amore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

WWE rightfully get criticised for shoddy camera practices today

But boy do i love what they did when Jeff Hardy first won the WWE title at Armageddon 2007, zoomed in on Triple H’s pin attempt and out of nowhere comes Hardy from off camera, brilliant

Only buzzing about leggo :pac:
    Thought my joke would have gotten more of a pop lol.

Ah screw rovert. I'm sure he got banned for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Whether he's loved or hated, or you think he's just a dong. Joey Ryan comes across as a cool enough guy.

Basing this off his podcast with Chris Jericho earlier this month....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Imagine someone avoiding debate and using obfuscation on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

With the greatest of respect man, you don’t know me at all to make that judgement. I’m the first to laugh at myself and put the hand up when I get it wrong. And my experience here lately is completely different to my experience elsewhere on boards. I post a few different places, probably in PI most trying to help people out because I’ve needed help myself before, and it’s only here that some people seem to struggle with my tone (a lot of people here are fine and can have a good debate where we disagree without getting personal or falling out, mind).

Tbh the fact that I’ve done bits within wrestling seems to randomly get thrown at me in discussions that have nothing to do with that, so I’m not sure if it’s resentment over that, or if that makes people immediately on the defensive when they come on and see I’ve disagreed with them. Maybe that’s why people within the industry don’t participate in places like this and only lurk. But **** it, I use boards to chat about my interests, one of which is wrestling, and I don’t take myself overly seriously to be like “No you shouldn’t talk publicly with other fans and look like a mark”...so there’s the end result I guess.

leggo wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect man, you don’t know me at all to make that judgement. I’m the first to laugh at myself and put the hand up when I get it wrong. And my experience here lately is completely different to my experience elsewhere on boards. I post a few different places, probably in PI most trying to help people out because I’ve needed help myself before, and it’s only here that some people seem to struggle with my tone (a lot of people here are fine and can have a good debate where we disagree without getting personal or falling out, mind).

Tbh the fact that I’ve done bits within wrestling seems to randomly get thrown at me in discussions that have nothing to do with that, so I’m not sure if it’s resentment over that, or if that makes people immediately on the defensive when they come on and see I’ve disagreed with them. Maybe that’s why people within the industry don’t participate in places like this and only lurk. But **** it, I use boards to chat about my interests, one of which is wrestling, and I don’t take myself overly seriously to be like “No you shouldn’t talk publicly with other fans and look like a mark”...so there’s the end result I guess.

Can you just ever post one line replies? Do you always have to make these big long posts?
    Also I know you better than most on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Are you trying to Black Scorpion me now?! “Remember 1982 on the beach? I’m coming for you Sting!” I swear to god, some of the weird stuff like this on here I’ve gotten over the years... :pac:

Advertisement