Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

For prime video I had to do it via phone. Took 15-20mins of a call. They were pretty confused. The account settings on line didn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No they are pricks. We can tune all Uk free to air satellite channels here. Who’s guarding the bbc contract deals?

Thats a satellite. Its not capable of beaming the signal in a uk shaped pattern from space.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was going to watch Magnus Dopus - making of jay and silent bob reboot yesterday but got distracted. I can now no longer watch it legally, so have to resort to other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

hey all, is there any acid test to see if im getting uk or irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Try and watch Premier league highlights

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I was accessing prime uk from here but changed it back to Ireland and outlander and vikings is back.

How do you change it to Ireland.
    Just started free trial few weeks ago now hardly any content available.
    Are there any easy fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Signed up to Getflix but have had no joy on the stick:

Changed my:

IP Address: 192.168.0.XX
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS1: 54.72.70.84
    DNS2: 212.71.249.225

Any help appreciated!

EDIT: Got it working. Forget to change to United Kingdom Region in the Getflix dashboard. https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

try and watch 1917

1917_%282019%29_Film_Poster.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭mossie

JHet wrote: »
    Signed up to Getflix but have had no joy on the stick:

Changed my:

IP Address: 192.168.0.XX
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS1: 212.71.249.225
    DNS2: 212.71.249.226

Any help appreciated!

I had to clear the cache if the prime video app (and Netflix, iplayer etc) before it worked. There's also a Dublin DNS server 54.72.70.84 which will work same as UK one and maybe faster

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

i was able to rewatch Liverpool V Newcastle and 1917?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

mossie wrote: »
    I had to clear the cache if the prime video app (and Netflix, iplayer etc) before it worked. There's also a Dublin DNS server 54.72.70.84 which will work same as UK one and maybe faster

Thanks Mossy! Got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭mossie

JHet wrote: »
    Thanks Mossy! Got it working.

Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i was able to rewatch Liverpool V Newcastle and 1917?

You’re all set then

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Is it possible to use the fire stick in Ireland using Irish settings/location? I think when I got it first it wouldn't work and only worked when I got the UK change made and don't want to lose everything if I change to Irish prime.
    TIA
    RN

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Is it possible to use the fire stick in Ireland using Irish settings/location? I think when I got it first it wouldn't work and only worked when I got the UK change made and don't want to lose everything if I change to Irish prime.
    TIA
    RN

Yes, you can use your Irish account on the fire sticks now, but you have to open the Prime app to view things. If you just click on a printed m promoted show/movie on the main fire home screen, they won't work.

Also, switching from a UK to Irish account will probably wipe your watchlist.

Yes, you can use your Irish account on the fire sticks now, but you have to open the Prime app to view things. If you just click on a printed m promoted show/movie on the main fire home screen, they won't work.

No worries about the watch list.
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 32,195 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    VPN will get you us prime video but you Irish /UK prime membership doesn't follow to the states. How are you watching us content? Did you take out a US prime membership?
    I was only watching the wilds and it was fine, movies etc nope zzz.

I have VPN unlimited not sure if it will let me set it to Amazon prime in uk must have a fiddle

No worries about the watch list.
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

I changed setttings to Irish region was watching episode season 1 episode 6 of vikings and episode 7 is unavailable and most of the rest of season 1 but some other episodes in other seasons are available to watch.... confusing.

Can anyone check if season 1 episode 7 is available for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Can anyone confirm if Greys Anatomy is available on the IE version? I’m also set to UK thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Can anyone confirm if Greys Anatomy is available on the IE version? I’m also set to UK thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Had plenty of issues trying to sort out my version but Amazon Chat were finally able to sort it for me, the girl I was chatting to said that there appeared to be plenty of people experiencing difficulties since New Years eve. My Amazon Prime Video is set to Ire and I can confirm that all of the Vikings and Greys Anatomy are available to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

loup wrote:

Still there for me after switching over to Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I signed up for the prime video trial on Sky Q but no idea what period the trial is for.
    Anyone know?
    Really enjoying vikings on there.

beauf wrote: »
    For prime video I had to do it via phone. Took 15-20mins of a call. They were pretty confused. The account settings on line didn't work for me.

Did they have to do stuff on their end or was it all on your device(s)?

Edit just did customer service chat on the Amazon app and all seems to be sorted using prime app on the fire stick, and on phone.
    Thanks to all the knowledgeable people here who keep the rest of us up to speed!
    RN

Did they have to do stuff on their end or was it all on your device(s)?

I'd already removed my parcel motel address and the office (won't be in there for a while) . To do that I had to set my current address (postal address in Amazon speak) as my digital address. (Kindle). None of this effected my prime location. So they then had to ask did I want to make it (prime video) the same as my postal address. This took them about 20 mins. I got the impression that had to make request on their system which had to past some tests.

Soon as they did this my content on Prime changed. all the pay to view stuff disappeared and free to watch disappeared. I've ONLY got free to watch now.

beauf wrote: »
    I'd already removed my parcel motel address and the office (won't be in there for a while) . To do that I had to set my current address (postal address in Amazon speak) as my digital address. (Kindle). None of this effected my prime location. So they then had to ask did I want to make it (prime video) the same as my postal address. This took them about 20 mins. I got the impression that had to make request on their system which had to past some tests.

Soon as they did this my content on Prime changed. all the pay to view stuff disappeared and free to watch disappeared. I've ONLY got free to watch now.

Thanks for the help.
    In some ways it is almost better, no more clicking on something to find it is not included. At least everything I tried worked.

Much clearer now. Was torture before.

Seems to work very for age grouping aswell.

No longer have the the saw bedside Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Shot in the dark, but does anybody know, if I change my region back to Ireland will it impact on other Firestick apps such BBC iPlayer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I've contacted Amazon and got my location changed to Ireland and got a few shows back. But Vikings seems to have random episodes, particularly for season 5. Anyone have Vikings working ok on Irish Prime?

Advertisement