Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Decoda wrote: »
    Ha.......and Star Trek Picard which is an Amazon Original is not available in my region??

It's there but you need to change your region now

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Dave..M wrote: »
    It's there but you need to change your region now

I have, region has been changed to Ireland, logged out of all devices, logged back in on PC and region set to Rep Ireland yet I still can't get Picard? I'll get onto chat and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

I've still got access to everything using Getflix. Don't know if that will change in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭micks_address

Does it work properly if you use a smart dns instead of a vpn? They awful pricks. I can get hbo max no problem from the US with a vpn and a paid subscription. To be honest watched feic all on prime anyway. Have a fire stick though so was handy for some things. I assume if I change my video location from Uk to Ireland the Home Screen prime video links won’t work any more? It’s a known issue and can of course be gotten around by going into the prime video app.

The football quality was quite good in 4K hdr.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Decoda wrote: »
    I have, region has been changed to Ireland, logged out of all devices, logged back in on PC and region set to Rep Ireland yet I still can't get Picard? I'll get onto chat and see what the story is.

There was a link in the email to just change the Primevideo region (rather than the full Prime region change)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ive got it back on my laptop but not on the tv app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Dave..M wrote: »
    There was a link in the email to just change the Primevideo region (rather than the full Prime region change)

Never got the email :rolleyes: can't have been the only one.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They awful pricks.
    No point blaming Amazon as they are simply complying with legal contracts. Have a go at Nigel Farage maybe.

Cancelled my sub as there isn’t much worth watching, even Outlander is blocked now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭xtal191

Never got an email either, pretty much everything is blocked now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Me neither

UK Prime content still working on desktop using NordVPN. Not working on my firesticks or shows. Disaster. Fcuking Brexit.

Edit** working on Firestick using NordVPN.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Never got an email either, pretty much everything is blocked now

Yep and when I look at the first row of items in My Prime> Prime
    TV shows we think you'll like every single fcuking one is now says "This title isn't available in your location".

muffler wrote: »
    No point blaming Amazon as they are simply complying with legal contracts. Have a go at Nigel Farage maybe.

Line him up and I'll take a swing at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Prime app on my phone seems normal? Is there a chance I been using irish prime all along??

Amazon must act as they will lose subscribers, they will have to get content which is licenced for uk/Ireland as other channels do!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

mossie wrote: »
    I've still got access to everything using Getflix. Don't know if that will change in future.

Same here. It should be pretty solid I’d say. I use it mainly for iPlayer but I did notice on their homepage they have a setting for Prime set to UK so all good I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,251 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was getting absolutely nothing this morning.
    I was Amazon UK content, use VPN unlimited so switched to the Amazon prime for USA on that, seems ok on the things I watch so far

I was accessing prime uk from here but changed it back to Ireland and outlander and vikings is back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Had a few days left of my 30 day free Prime trial, checked when it was due to finish, saw I had an extra 30 day Free Prime Offer, happy days.

No they are pricks. We can tune all Uk free to air satellite channels here. Who’s guarding the bbc contract deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

gmisk wrote:
    I was getting absolutely nothing this morning. I was Amazon UK content, use VPN unlimited so switched to the Amazon prime for USA on that, seems ok on the things I watch so far

VPN will get you us prime video but you Irish /UK prime membership doesn't follow to the states. How are you watching us content? Did you take out a US prime membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No they are pricks. We can tune all Uk free to air satellite channels here. Who’s guarding the bbc contract deals?
    "free to air" means just that. Amazon Prime Video is a subscription service.

"free to air" means just that. Amazon Prime Video is a subscription service.

The argument is they have all these content deals. I wouldn’t mind if it worked with a vpn. What do people do in the uk that want to use a vpn for security reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's a trade off.

The argument is they have all these content deals. I wouldn’t mind if it worked with a vpn. What do people do in the uk that want to use a vpn for security reasons?

They turn off the vpn for prime video. VPNs aren't actually very good for security.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

mossie wrote: »

getflix is the nuts

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote:
    getflix is the nuts

Cheap as chips too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I lost all my good content and then turned on my VPN (Express) , set it to London, and now it's all back. I'm using the Fire stick on my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Folks, bit tired / slow today with a 6month old teething. How do i change the settings in prime video? i had changed my prime details to germany for shopping.

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    Folks, bit tired / slow today with a 6month old teething. How do i change the settings in prime video? i had changed my prime details to germany for shopping.
    budhabob wrote: »

https://proprivacy.com/vpn/guides/how-to-change-country-on-a-fire-stick

Ignore the parts about VPNs. It will show you how to change location

Advertisement