Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I suppose it would depend on where you are with the games that are up at any givin time.

If you have been subbed for 6 months it could be beneficial to let the sub lapse for a few months so the games refresh a bit.

I see myself dipping in and out

I'm still paying €3.99 a month. Is that correct? I can't remember how i signed up. Think it was the €1 deal at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm still paying €3.99 a month. Is that correct?

Quote from the announcement tweet:

"if you're already a member, you'll pay the same rate through the next billing cycle"

So we'll pay four quid next month, then a tenner every month after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Another thing, if you have full Discord Nitro (or grandfathered classic Nitro), you can get a 3 months Game Pass PC trial from your gift inventory - NOTE it's only for new Game Pass subscriptions, doesn't work if you currently have or have ever had Game Pass PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves/Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?
    You only need Ultimate if you want game pass on both PC and Consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I just finished building my gaming pc and super tempted to sign up to game pass for pc. Can I play Sea of Thieves/Halo 5 or do I need game pass ultimate?

Halo 5 is not on PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Halo 5 is not on PC.

Yet. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come at some stage, given the rest of the series is now on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Kiith wrote: »
    Yet. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come at some stage, given the rest of the series is now on it.

Hope so as I was not willing to buy an Xbox just for that game but would consider it if on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reminds me to cancel game pass. Only got it for FM and was paying a swiped low rate for it. New pricing I’ve no interest I’ll just pickup games.

Found the selection on the pass generally very poor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any deals going at the moment?
    Got a years access last year for very little but I've only s month left.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,888 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dcully wrote: »
    Any deals going at the moment?
    Got a years access last year for very little but I've only s month left.

I have a 14 day trial for ultimate version if you want it

Anyone else having trouble with this?
    Most of the Microsoft title wont work for me for some reason. Horizon 4, AOE 3,FS2020, Gears 5.....most wont even download. Been through the wringer with xbox support. They dont seem to be able to help. One suggestion was to buy an xbox lol. Its weird. Other games like No Mans Sky, Gears 4, Cities Skylines etc all work fine.

Headshot wrote: »
    I have a 14 day trial for ultimate version if you want it

Yeah I'll take it if your not using it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Make sure to have latest windows updates. Anytime I get errors with microsoft related stuff its because I don't have latest windows updates.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Make sure to have latest windows updates. Anytime I get errors with microsoft related stuff its because I don't have latest windows updates.
    yup, good advice. still no bueno though. I guess some update down the road will fix things

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

What's the error? Most Gamepass games are packaged as Xbox virtual disks with some crazy DRM involving a special kernel driver.

This messed up recently on me with similar issues to what you describe. I had to uninstall the Xbox app, delete some registry keys (turned out one of my disks had somehow been listed twice) and reinstall it.

MugsGame wrote: »
    What's the error? Most Gamepass games are packaged as Xbox virtual disks with some crazy DRM involving a special kernel driver.

This messed up recently on me with similar issues to what you describe. I had to uninstall the Xbox app, delete some registry keys (turned out one of my disks had somehow been listed twice) and reinstall it.
    Its an 00000x1 error I think. No real info given. Got a record of the reg keys you needed to get rid of?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Might be a different issue than yours as I don't think I had that error code, but see https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/j3edas/error_code_0x80070141/

MugsGame wrote: »
    Might be a different issue than yours as I don't think I had that error code, but see https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/j3edas/error_code_0x80070141/

Thanks,its worth a shot I figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Doom Eternal added for anyone like me who was about to buy it for myself for Christmas!

See you in hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Headshot wrote: »
    There goes the best value for games around

As of 17 September 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring 3-month subscription fee is increasing from €11.99 to €29.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after 17 October 2020

hard to justify keeping it for that pricing for me anyway

Yeah same here. In fairness I had it for a euro for ages and was only playing football manager. But got a good run of crusader kings also.

But at that price no thanks. Will stick to steam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I got mine refreshed for $1aud there the other week for 3 months. I should get around to installing some games from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Control and Desperados 3 on there now

So yeah all the bethesda titles were just added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

60 EA Play titles should be added today. The only downside is you need to download the EA Play launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

ElNino wrote: »
    60 EA Play titles should be added today. The only downside is you need to download the EA Play launcher.

Yeah was a bit fiddly to set up, I had an old EA account to link to but it wasn'y exactly smooth. Downloaded the app via XBGP, signed in, connected the accounts but when I went to download my first EA title it was asking me to pay for it! Thought I'd done something wrong, checked everything, nope I was connected all seemed fine ... tried again, still asking me to pay for the game! I think it was 4th attempt it finally recognized that I had game pass and stopped asking me to pay via EA. So anyone doing this, maybe give it a bit of time to register that the accounts are connected, don't get frustrated

There's not much from EA I'm bothered with tbh, the first game I grabbed was Unravel. Might try one of the NFS games, which one is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

My ultimate is up at the end of April, if I get 12 months gold will this convert my ultimate as well? I know theres a separate thread on it elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

It's possible to use XCloud on your PC now, but it is unofficial so use at your own risk (I don't think there's much risk):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4hb1zDdVk

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,152 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pillars of Eternity 2 ultimate edition was added in the last week or so.

Started it yesterday and was able to import my save from the steam version of the first game no bother.

Advertisement