Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

• 26-06-2017 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Ed Sheeran is announcing his stadium tour on Wednesday.

Pearce Stadium in Galway is likely to host at least one show

Summer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If that's true, a regional Irish tour would be cool. Always nice to see bands do something like that.

Not that I'd go myself mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,901 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Possibly (summer 2018)
    Pearse stadium Galway
    Thomond Park Limerick
    PUC Cork
    Somewhere in Dublin and Belfast

Or he could just do 2/3 Croke Park dates in 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Tickets will be going on sale Saturday 8th July at 9am for Ireland (10am UK and Europe).
    I think he'll do stadiums around Ireland, definitely said during the last tour it was the plan for the next stadium tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is there no end to this guy ?
    No sooner he finishes his European indoor tour that he announces a stadium tour for over a year in advance.
    Nice guy Ed ,mad for money.

Zardoz wrote: »
    No sooner he finishes his European indoor tour that he announces a stadium tour for over a year in advance.

doubt ill be going to any of the shows but i hate when they announce gigs a year in advance and tickets go on sale early

its like there afraid there going to become unpopular a few months before the shows take place , so they have put tickets on sale a year in advance

• Advertisement

The indoor tour was a warm up, the demand for tickets was many multiples higher than what was available. The plan for him to do a stadium tour next year was announced before the indoor arena dates were.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Anyone an idea what month the tour will be in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And the only way to make money these days, little money in sales of records and downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can't blame him his music is very disposable, best strike while the iron is still hot in fairness to the chap

Muir wrote: »
    The indoor tour was a warm up, the demand for tickets was many multiples higher than what was available. The plan for him to do a stadium tour next year was announced before the indoor arena dates were.

You could say the indoor tour was a warm up ,you could also say it was a cynical move to create hype for the stadia tour.

I just find it really cynical that the week after he finishes the European indoor tour he decides to announce a stadia tour for over 12 months away .

I just don't understand the guys appeal.
    I saw him a couple of months ago in London (was dragged by the missus ) in the Albert Hall .
    He had no band, his sound mix was poor and his loop machine had a mind of its own ,he couldn't shut it off near the end of the gig.
    I saw The Who and the Pet Shop Boys the same week and he was a complete amateur compared to those guys.

• Advertisement

You could say the indoor tour was a warm up ,you could also say it was a cynical move to create hype for the stadia tour.

I just find it really cynical that the week after he finishes the European indoor tour he decides to announce a stadia tour for over 12 months away .

I just don't understand the guys appeal.
    I saw him a couple of months ago in London (was dragged by the missus ) in the Albert Hall .
    He had no band, his sound mix was poor and his loop machine had a mind of its own ,he couldn't shut it off near the end of the gig.
    I saw The Who and the Pet Shop Boys the same week and he was a complete amateur compared to those guys.

The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing. Why worry about the tour of someone you dislike, go enjoy some good music you do like & plan a trip to a gig you'll enjoy!

I want him to be less popular again anyway, smaller venues and cheaper tickets!

7 irish shows next summer

https://www.joe.ie/music/ed-sheeran-announced-7-shows-ireland-next-summer-593239

First act in the new PUC in Cork also playing in Galway, Dublin and Belfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

Very good for his fans anyway

Really thought he would play Croke Park next summer but not too be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very good for his fans anyway

Really thought he would play Croke Park next summer but not too be

Agreed, can't see touts having too much joy with that capacity over so many gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Pearse stadium nice! A gig that won't take hours of torture to get to/from is always a nice surprise.
    I wouldn't be a huuuge fan though so not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is that 7 gigs on this Island in total ? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Artists hardly ever do a tour of this little island. Yeah can't see the touts bothering with this one. Were probably counting their profits before the dates were announced :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Im a bit blah when it comes to ed but if he sells out alll them dates you have to hand it to him. Any idea how much the tickets are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The Bruce approach. A good strategy in Ireland. Not a fan, but more power to him if he sells them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Hopefully its a success and this on top of bruce a few yrs back might encourage more artist to do the same

They have also said you need the credit card, id and booking confirmation for entry. But they don't usually enforce that too strictly when thousands of people are trying to get in.

I don't understand how he's so popular, also playing 6 stadiums in mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I'm interested to see how they enforce that ID etc. What if I give the tickets to a friend etc. I can see the entire show selling out in a couple of hours though.

Wheety wrote: »

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What if I give the tickets to a friend

Let your friend get their own tickets?
    If not, you would have to go as well with them or ID won't match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

seachto7 wrote: »
    The Bruce approach. A good strategy in Ireland. Not a fan, but more power to him if he sells them out.

I think he will sell out Cork and Dublin, wondering would both venues add a 3rd show

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

This is the message that appears underneath the event listing (Link below)

You are required to bring your tickets, booking confirmation and credit card, plus a form of ID or you may not be granted entry to the show. Your ticket is not valid if resold unless it’s through our official face-value resale partner Twickets

http://www.edsheeran.com/euuk2018tour

Herself will be happy now, surely we should be able to get tickets now for him. Yippee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

What would be the capacity for the Phoenix Park Gig?

They have also said you need the credit card, id and booking confirmation for entry. But they don't usually enforce that too strictly when thousands of people are trying to get in.

They wont enforce that ,not a hope .

6 at the moment but he will add extra dates at all of those venues.
    He is playing 12 sold out stadium concerts in Australia and 6 in New Zealand .He broke Dire Straits and AC/DC's touring record in Australia.
    Its baffling how popular he is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 peckerdara

How many will the Phoenix Park hold? He could probably attract as much as the Pope!!

seachto7 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Because the Belfast show has already been mentioned so I wasn't including that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

They wont enforce that ,not a hope .

6 at the moment but he will add extra dates at all of those venues.
    He is playing 12 sold out stadium concerts in Australia and 6 in New Zealand .He broke Dire Straits and AC/DC's touring record in Australia.
    Its baffling how popular he is .
    It means that seatwave and viagogo won't be selling them. This will cut some touts out of the loop which has to be positive.

Because the Belfast show has already been mentioned so I wasn't including that.

Ah yes, I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

siobhan08 wrote: »
    What would be the capacity for the Phoenix Park Gig?

Just did a quick Google and Robbie sold 137,000 tickets to a gig there in 2003. Biggest gig in Irish history. Wonder will he break the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

AD on today fm

Tickets starting at €81.. so 86 with ticketmasters fee

Unsure of what they'll go up to, but over 100 I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

91e for a ticket in Pearse stadium is way too much imo and I am a fan of the guy but that really seems to be too much. I guess others will pay it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

capacity for recent Phoenix Park gigs has been 45,000, and their website says events up to 50,000 will be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Possibly the most overrated artist of the generation. Before someone attacks me, I have nothing against people being fans of his music - opinions and tastes always differ - what irks me is the praise he receives as some demi-God of music and artistry when, in reality, he's just ok.

Still, can't blame someone for making the most out of it while the demand is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

Tickets will fly out.
    All shows will be sold out by lunch time.
    Ed is the biggest artist on the planet at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

So Seatwave will be selling face value tickets? Or will he use a different site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bennyl10 wrote: »
    AD on today fm

Tickets starting at €81.. so 86 with ticketmasters fee
    It would be €87.85

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    So Seatwave will be selling face value tickets? Or will he use a different site

They cant , the person who bought the tickets has to be there with ID to get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just found out he's using Twickets to resell tickets.
    Twickets is a fan-to-fan ticket resale platform where the price of tickets is never more than the original face value. It was set up to counter the profiteering resale sites which encourage ticket touting.

We have teamed up with Ed Sheeran to allow ticket holders who can no longer attend a show to sell them on to other fans at no more than the price they originally paid. You can trade tickets securely through our service, with payment and delivery all agreed upfront.

Good man Ed
    Not sure how they'll get around the credit card/ID issue

Twickets doesn't operate in Ireland,its UK only.

Tickets for his gigs will be going for buttons next summer ,7 concerts will saturate the market,I wouldn't worry about getting tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He did last time too, but it was UK only

Its one thing having ID restrictions ,its another thing having it on gigs the best part of a year away .
    You are required to bring your tickets, booking confirmation and credit card, plus a form of ID or you may not be granted entry to the show
    Might as well bring the kitchen sink while you are at it ,absolutely farcical and there isn't a hope it will be implemented .

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

livelife wrote: »
    Tickets will fly out.
    All shows will be sold out by lunch time.
    Ed is the biggest artist on the planet at this moment in time.

Not a notion. He was hot 3 months ago. He was average at Glasto. He'll be irrelevant in a years time. There will be loads of tickets closer to the event and the possibility of extra dates.

Good man Ed
    Not sure how they'll get around the credit card/ID issue

My guess would be that you'll need the Twickets confirmation & card you used to pay on Twickets.

I think it'll sell out and extra dates will be added. If Phoenix Park is ~50,000, in total for the ROI shows it's only similar to 3 Croke Park gigs, and there was demand for a 3rd night the last time he played Croke Park & he seems to have only gotten more popular since then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How many tickets would that be total for the ROI gigs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

bigpink wrote: »
    How many tickets would that be total for the ROI gigs?

Aprox 280,000

• Advertisement
Advertisement