Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Flying BA Cityflyer to Manchester in august, do they also offer the complimentary drink and snack? Or is it just the London city route?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Kev11491 wrote: »
    Flying BA Cityflyer to Manchester in august, do they also offer the complimentary drink and snack? Or is it just the London city route?

I assume you’re flying London City to Manchester? Yes they should offer complimentary drinks, on morning flights it may just be breakfast service which is also complimentary

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thought BA were nixing all comp drinks/snacks on short haul?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

cson wrote: »

Not on Cityflyer (yet!)

cson wrote: »

They have but it’s remains on CityFlyer...for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Locker10a wrote: »
    I assume you’re flying London City to Manchester? Yes they should offer complimentary drinks, on morning flights it may just be breakfast service which is also complimentary

I am guessing on the weekly DUB-MAN.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I am guessing on the weekly DUB-MAN.

Well there you go! I didn’t even know that existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Yeah, Friday night flight at 22:25. It was the cheapest option, probably because of the time but still, it was surprising for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

High summer only, using the aircraft that normally sits in Dublin, to operate a sun trip from Manchester over the weekend.

Clever use in service to/from Dublin rather than a positioning flight.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above;
    Tech companies are expanding away from the Bay area. Seattle is booming and Austin is growing fast.
    SXSW event is held in Austin. Its a big creative arts/ innovation oriented conference.

DFW has AA on the route already.
    IAH could happen soon, either UA or EI.
    3rd Texas option would be AUS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Austin has been a tech hub for a couple of decades, a couple of big IT companies have been headquartered there. It's likely be a reason others are starting to move out there too as the talent has long been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I suppose many here (definitely myself) would never have heard of Shenzhen 10 years ago and now we have direct flights there due to it being a key (if not THE key) tech hub in Asia so I guess a similar air link could be on the cards for Austin then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I can imagine EI launching flights to Houston or Austin with the A321XLR. The aircraft allows them to launch narrowbody routes beyond the east coast of North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭cson

AUS would be a big opportunity, only European routes are BA to LHR, DY to LGW and LH to FRA. Definite scope for connecting traffic from Europe via DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭trellheim

or Houston , its still a massive commercial center

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sandbelter

Icelandair poised to use the Q400 from KEF to DUB twice weekly from July 18 to Sept 14.

Dates suggest Thurs and Sat services.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/285028/icelandair-outlines-leased-dash8-a319-service-in-3q19/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

sandbelter wrote: »
    Icelandair poised to use the Q400 from KEF to DUB twice weekly from July 18 to Sept 14.

Dates suggest Thurs and Sat services.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/285028/icelandair-outlines-leased-dash8-a319-service-in-3q19/

Will have to keep an eye on my booking...flying KEF-DUB on Sat 24th Aug. Seatmap when i check my booking is still showing the 757-200

Just had a look and it looks like about 80 seats have been selected for our flight so far. I think the capacity of the Dash8-400 is only about 70? Will be making sure we get to the airport early if the plane does change!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Is there a particular issue in DUB today? I was looking at the EI twitter and they are blame lots of delays on weather.

Is there a particular issue in DUB today? I was looking at the EI twitter and they are blame lots of delays on weather.

All flights seem to be about 90 mins late, at least one sas flight diverted to Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Thunderstorms in the area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Thunderstorms in the area

Not doubting You OP, but are You sure the thunderstorms is the reason? The reason I ask, is because I lived in South Africa for many years, and Joburg gets summer thunderstorms & intense lightening strikes almost every day from end of October until around March, and I never had an issue with cancellations when flying.

Not doubting You OP, but are You sure the thunderstorms is the reason? The reason I ask, is because I lived in South Africa for many years, and Joburg gets summer thunderstorms & intense lightening strikes almost every day from end of October until around March, and I never had an issue with cancellations when flying.

Welcome to Ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I was in New York this week, return flight from Dublin with united airlines to newark. Both flights over booked. Great to see the huge demand from North America, was incredible looking out the window this morning coming off the runway with American Airlines, Cathay pacific, Qatar airways and delta planes pulling in around me. Terminal 2 was very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It was low visibility that caused delays/cancellations on 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It was low visibility that caused delays/cancellations on 24th.

I don't see any cloudbase poor enough to affect operations after 9am, the visibility never went below 2500m all morning/afternoon. When an SAS diverted to Belfast, it was after 12pm, Vis was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1156176.shtml

24,000 passengers in a year. Assuming (wildly) EDI accounts for another 24,000 that's about 1,000 passengers per week since launch? With 6-8 flights per week that doesn't seem great?

Especially compared to 80,000 on the HKG route?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/some-80-000-fly-between-dublin-and-hong-kong-1.3918630

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I think connections onwards to Oz probably play some part in Cathays numbers.

I think connections onwards to Oz probably play some part in Cathays numbers.

I can’t see how. Anytime Ive looked at those timings the transit time has been 10-12 hours. The ME3 have you on the ground for 2 hours.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I can’t see how. Anytime Ive looked at those timings the transit time has been 10-12 hours. The ME3 have you on the ground for 2 hours.

Cost, if they are ever cheaper (I haven't checked); Avios or reasons for not wanting to touch the sandpit (there being very many) will drive some people to CX

I'd far prefer to transit - and seeing as the sandpit airlines are all state owned, financially support - through somewhere where I can't be imprisoned for who I'm engaged to. Any trip to Australia was always going to be via HKG or BKK rather than SIN/KUL or the sandpit even if it meant indirect for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Id a 3 hrs wait when I went via HK last year.

Advertisement