Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Ray37 wrote: »
    @Wendydoll, you must not follow her as it was said about 3722662372 times, a YSL velvet Lulu in navy, costing 1500, from Net A Porter :-) I feel like it's a mantra stuck in my head now!

Haha you're right, I don't follow her. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Sufitzy wrote: »
    Plus them out on display on a shelf, seriously 😒

I find this really odd!! I keep all my shoes in their boxes and my bags on shelves in the wardrobes to protect them from dust and fading in sunlight - they aren't display items.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I find this really odd!! I keep all my shoes in their boxes and my bags on shelves in the wardrobes to protect them from dust and fading in sunlight - they aren't display items.

I don't get this at all either, all mine are in their dust bags on a shelves in the wardrobe. There's no way I'd have them on display

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

You cant show them off on instagram unless they're on a shelf....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Can I just say how glad I am to see that not everyone is reeled in by the showing off and falseness of so many of these people? Maybe one day the rest will wake up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I kind of understand it, if you're really well off and have your own walk-in wardrobe to display your clothes, shoes, bags etc. But for the rest of us, definitely in cloth bags out of sunlight ;)

TBH, a lot of her snaps lately have been just showing that shelf with shoes and bags, again and again. I don't get it. What's the need to show your stuff off constantly, and it's things that aren't new either? Same goes for swatching her lip things, it's the same stuff every single day... The lip stuff musnt be selling well if she needs to remind people about it once a day. Obviously if you release a product, you will want to show it off, but there's a fine line between advertising and over saturating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lindy97 wrote: »
    You cant show them off on instagram unless they're on a shelf....

How else would us cheeto fingered haters be jealous Huns if we couldn't see them

I'd almost forgotten about the Cheeto fingers comments! Can't wait to delve into a bag of them later and roll around in my Cheeto crumbs like the big, fat hater I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I also don't get how net a porter took it back! (She has returned it already. After taking a load of photos with it.)
    She got marks on it from rain. Water marks. The bag wasn't faulty. If I got tan on a Victoria Beckham dress from net a porter would they take it back?! They would on their hoop! I'm sure some reference to her number of followers was made in the return transaction...

It is so, so crass to continuously talk about it's "price point", as they call it in blogger speak. I love designer stuff as a treat once in a while but everytime someone says "I like your sunglasses" etc, I don't reel off the price, the website description blah, blah, blah.

I think she should invest in higher quality clothes and not just disposable items for depop, but that's another discussion..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Muf is the worst for bragging I think she's so insecure she has to shout everything from the rooftops the boyfriend the bags the shoes .. first row you could hardly see her in the pics the girl put up

I just saw the YSL bag snaps there. Crazy how a bit of rain could do that. I'd say that's not the full story she must have spilled drink on it.

I agree Anna, something sticky I'd think. And it looks like from the snaps that it damaged the bottom part too, so maybe it was put down on a spilled drink? A DROP (as she said many times) of rain won't create a huge amount of damage like...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Her bragging behaviour disgusts me. I hate to see if she really came from class

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Funny she complains about having to spend £60 on her nails but can spend €1400 on a bag no problem! Obviously it was a treat and she saved up for it (she says)! Just odd! To have that line of thinking!! Dunno how to say what I'm trying to without sounding like a B! Cos I don't mean it badly!

I find it so weird that she drops that kind of cash on a bag, but complains about the price of car insurance, almost like she was hinting for discounts (a few months back). Also, hints for free clothes before any trips, I think it was Dubai where she asked 'anyone know where I can get evening gowns?', yeah, it's called Google! I still can't get my head around the whole Depop thing, fair enough if you have bought your gear, but flogging your gifted stuff is a no no in my book. I find her attitude very weird, she flaunts the designer gear non stop (can't count the number of times I've seen those Valentino shoes), as if it somehow makes up for lack of content? Sorry if I sound bitchy, but I don't get it at all? It screams 'look how great I am', and as someone who isn't impressed by designer gear, it's not up my alley at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

She mentioned the price of the bag after the rain had ruined it. She had it for about 12 hours in fairness.
    Somebody said Sue seems very generous with her family. What about her followers? She used to (or still does and never shows it) have her rooms filled with piles of presents from local companies during her workshops. She never raffled any of it off or rarely does any giveaways to the people lining her pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

blairbear wrote: »

I think she should invest in higher quality clothes and not just disposable items for depop, but that's another discussion..!

Ah see she can't do that because she can only wear clothes once... :rolleyes:

(Only joking :D )

dizzyn wrote: »
    Ah see she can't do that because she can only wear clothes once... :rolleyes:

(Only joking :D )

I remember her saying that ridiculous statement is she not supposed to be relatable to her followers even kate Middleton wears the same thing more than once , the girl had zero class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Just had to follow MUF on snapchat to see what the craic was with the bag haha I loved the fact that she said about the Kurt Geiger bag - its very much like a designer bag but a fraction of the price.. em.. is KG not a designer also?! Just cos she cant brag that it cost 1500!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I'm no fan of the MUF but buynowbloglater had really similar issues with her YSL velvet bag — she posted about it on twitter here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Sue's wedding video teaser is the height of notions. Looks lovely and all but honestly the "COMING SOON" at the end made me cringe so bad!!!

Myself and Dylan were going to keep it private then decided not too there is no way she would miss an opportunity to be adored lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

This is so true actually!!!!

I'm all for spending whatever you want on your wedding, go for it, whatever. Wouldn't be my style personally to do the huge, OTT thing, but different strokes and all that, I have to say though, the planes flying over had me in stitches, I thought I was watching footage of a royal wedding, not some blogger from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

To be honest I think the whole "I decided to share it with you guys" was probably part of the promotion for getting it free or discounted.
    Maybe I'm cynical but if something is not self-serving she wouldn't do it.

Never seen notions like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Whatever about the rest of the pomp, but a flyover???

• Advertisement

Money certainly doesn't buy class

Advertisement