Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Bob24 wrote: »
    justback83 wrote: »
    Has anyone on the thread had their wallet hacked and ripple stolen? Just me? 😒

What kind of wallet?

Gatehub. Read something about hacking in june and just logged in to check. They left me with almost nothing. Gatehub are also refusing to reimburse....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Gatehub. Read something about hacking in june and just logged in to check. They left me with almost nothing. Gatehub are also refusing to reimburse....

OK ... yeah not looking good: https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-nearly-10-million-in-xrp-stolen-in-gatehub-hack

I don't really get how Gatehub works: do I get it right from their website that they are creating a XRP wallet for each user and storing the keys for that wallet on behalf of the user? If yes this is a bit of a flawed architecture IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How much did they grab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

This is one of the main reasons I've been skeptical of the Ripple project since day one.

You can't have a project that has a shed load of tokens in reserve. The temptation to do what they're doing (dumping them to the cost of ordinary token holders) is always going to be too great. If they wanted to respond correctly, they would 'burn' the lot today. My guess is that in no way will they do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I wonder whatever happened to the lad that claimed ripple would be bigger than apple and Amazon together.
    Was going to surpass bitcoin by the end of last March if I remember rightly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

wonga77 wrote: »
    I wonder whatever happened to the lad that claimed ripple would be bigger than apple and Amazon together.
    Was going to surpass bitcoin by the end of last March if I remember rightly...

Poor old Noel...:P

I see XRP is up 12% since this morning and still seems to be rising. Is there any positive news about it I have missed, or it is just random?

Bob24 wrote: »
    I see XRP is up 12% since this morning and still seems to be rising. Is there any positive news about it I have missed, or it is just random?

It normally crashes after positive news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

This post made me open my portfolio for the first time in ages.. up a few bob with everything in green. No doubt it’ll be all gone tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

This post made me open my portfolio for the first time in ages.. up a few bob with everything in green. No doubt it’ll be all gone tomorrow!

More than likely, I'd like to get excited but this is more likely to be price manipulation / pump&dump than anything else

• Advertisement

Don’t know if that’s the reason, but there is actually a rumours of close integration between Ripple and Coinbase: https://bitcoinist.com/ripple-coinbase-linkup-rumour-fueling-xrp-fomo-in-20-surge/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

I know we are operating in very uncertain times and there is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world at the moment but with uncertainty is there opportunity?
    By opportunity, I am seeing ripple at $0.13 this morning, could it go as low as $.10 in the coming week?
    Anyone any thoughts on whether buying is a good/bad idea,

Once all of this clears up over the next 3-6 months and things begin to stabilise that bit more you'd have to think $0.20 - $0.30 will be a given. After that and over the coming couple of years could we see the $3 mark again. How would that feel given you got in at $0.10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

millhouse wrote: »
    I know we are operating in very uncertain times and there is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world at the moment but with uncertainty is there opportunity?
    By opportunity, I am seeing ripple at $0.13 this morning, could it go as low as $.10 in the coming week?
    Anyone any thoughts on whether buying is a good/bad idea,

Once all of this clears up over the next 3-6 months and things begin to stabilise that bit more you'd have to think $0.20 - $0.30 will be a given. After that and over the coming couple of years could we see the $3 mark again. How would that feel given you got in at $0.10?

Have to admit the thought crossed my mind. Some of mate are waiting for $0.05....

This is how stocks work, there are people out there that will make entire fortunes based on recent events. It may not be nice but its how it works im afraid.
    I wonder how low will bitcoin go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭borderfox11

I'm waiting for 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've been buying XRP consistently, especially during this dip. Once they go after the nostro accounts in all the major central banks they are going to need on demand liquidity to keep transactions moving

€3 is nothing compared to what I think this one could eventually go to

I'm waiting for 0

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've been buying XRP consistently, especially during this dip. Once they go after the nostro accounts in all the major central banks they are going to need on demand liquidity to keep transactions moving

Been watching too much YouTube?

SachaJ wrote: »
    Been watching too much YouTube?

you must subscribe to my channel then...:p

No one has the crystal ball but do people see a further drop happening over the coming days, is there any indicators to support opinions either way? A $0.01 drop is a 7% drop so significant enough that it may be worth holding out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ah I remember those heady days well...
    "shure why would I sell now, its on the way up!"

:o

What about the fella that was in here claiming that Ripple would pass out bitcoin by the end of 2019...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

The 589 brigade have been very quiet recently....

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

No one has the crystal ball but do people see a further drop happening over the coming days, is there any indicators to support opinions either way? A $0.01 drop is a 7% drop so significant enough that it may be worth holding out for.

Hard to say, in reality it really seems to depend on what bitcoin is doing at the moment, they are all following it

Bitcoin held its ground yesterday when the DOW dropped again, I think this was the first time since we started tanking that it did that

I'm still bullish on both long term and accumulating small amounts at the moment, if it drops further I'll still add even though my overall portfolio value is dropping.

el diablo wrote: »
    The 589 brigade have been very quiet recently....

It's happening tonight....:p

7% increase overnight.
    There is a pending court case due to be sorted later this month that could potentially shut the company down for acting outside it's legal remit, if they were to lose.

+ 18.7% in 24 hours.

So Ripple has gone from €0.129c to €0.162c in the past 2 weeks, a 25% jump. With Bitcoin due to halve sometime in May we will likely see a further increase as they all tend to follow Bitcoins movements,
    Any thoughts?

their new beta app XUMM looks interesting

• Advertisement

Seems to be lots coming our of their labs. It's the up take from the long established financial institutions they need. Once that happens this could be anything. €10 is a possibility down the line.

Seems to be lots coming our of their labs. It's the up take from the long established financial institutions they need. Once that happens this could be anything. €10 is a possibility down the line.

I'll be shocked if it ever goes past $3 again.

To be honest I would bite your hand off for $3 but you have to hope. 😀😀😀

To be honest I would bite your hand off for $3 but you have to hope. ������

Be careful of whose advice you take regarding XRP/Ripple. Most of then XRP fanboys on YouTube etc are absolute lunatics and completely clueless.

I take most advice with a pinch of salt tbh, anyone that is really in the know is gonna keep the info for themselves and not be giving it away on reddit and the likes

I'll be shocked if it ever goes past $3 again.

€3 from 10c is not a bad return

• Advertisement

€3 from 10c is not a bad return

True, but there's a hell of a lot of XRP fanboys who still believe their bankster token will go to $100, $589 or even $1,000+. These idiots have zero grasp on basic economics.

Is this the start of something wonderful, pretty sharp rise in past 48hrs.

• Advertisement

Reports of aliens knocking about, maybe its related

What's happening, out performing Bitcoin. Is this the rebirth of it all again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

****ing moon lambos lads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's happening, out performing Bitcoin. Is this the rebirth of it all again?

The best thing that can happen Ripple is that Bitcoin reaches ATH again.

The best thing that can happen Ripple is that Bitcoin reaches ATH again.

why so?

why so?

Money'll pour into ****coins such as XRP once BTC reaches its previous all time high. Newbies will see BTC as being too expensive and will see XRP at $0.50 and think it can "do a bitcoin". :pac: A lot of people have no clue about market cap, total supply etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Hopefully, but I wouldn't say it's a certainty. It does need the right conditions, and 2017 was perfect, lots of mainstream news stories as BTC hit 1k, 5k, 10k, and 20k in a year, culminating in a massive fomo frenzy by average joes into alts at the end of the year.

We'll see what happens this time around (if it happens), every bull run seems to be subtly different from previous

One thing though, people will be selling that flare/spark whatever it is.

We can also probably expect the Ripple Foundation to dump a sh1tload more XRP tokens onto the market as they've regularly done over the last few years.
    I'd be wary of getting onboard the XRP train after the recent pump.

We can also probably expect the Ripple Foundation to dump a sh1tload more XRP tokens onto the market as they've regularly done over the last few years.
    I'd be wary of getting onboard the XRP train after the recent pump.

they have been doing that for years every month and all through 2020 and it still didnt have much an impact on the price

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Just anyone keep XRP in non custodial wallets or keep it all on exchanges???

I know wallet creation etc has a cost associated

In the ecosystem as a whole exchanges are far more common for XRP holdings right??

Anyway this is my interpretation on how Ripple can have these mad prices swings compared to BTC and ETH which people tend to keep off the exchanges (higher % anyway).

Thoughts

• Advertisement
Advertisement