Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

@grindle : I know you say that 'pricing in' isn't suitable for crypto but surely if people act on info available to them, they act on it when they receive it? The bulk of whats good about Ripple lately was known for some time...

People might know what the long term plan for XRP is for whatever amount of time but it's had a 90% drop from the peak in the meantime and the order books have been getting scabbier, any resistance levels dropping over time.
    It's not like the price has been dropping due to bad news. The only bad news has been the price dropping.
    Bit of good news? Might as well get a pump out of it.
    Maybe the companies they've been making inroads with were given a specific buy-zone to pick up a certain amount for their own use and now everybody else is piling on.

Anybody predicting $3-$4 within a week is also predicting new ATH's against BTC and a flip. To my mind that requires either a huge influx of new buyers who don't give a toss about BTC (I haven't heard any nocoiners I know talking bullsih about XRP, unlike the fever for BTC around Xmas) or for everybody in crypto who has XRP to have forgotten about BTC and ETH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Nah, you're waaaay off there. According to some cryptic post by a mysterious poster on reddit, $589 is the crypto conspiracy theorist's figure it will reach this year. :D

Yay I can tear up my driving licence! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

grindle wrote: »
    Maybe the companies they've been making inroads with were given a specific buy-zone to pick up a certain amount for their own use and now everybody else is piling on.
    By all accounts, this is one of the teething problems they will have with xRapid - the need to buy and sell volumes of XRP in a weak market to facilitate the trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

contemplating shifting my small bag at .70c

edit
    *jeez that was quick!...up 10c in 9mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bob24 wrote: »
    Probably won’t be for long. Either XRP maintains its upwards trajectory for another while and clearly takes over, or there is a strong correction and it goes back clearly lower than ETH. But with that volatility they are unlikely to remain neck and neck for too long.

And it’s settled ... XRP is now 10% over ETH in terms of market cap.

• Advertisement

I said bonkers before but *bonkers* doesn't really cover this!

edit

Volumes are also still rising sharply. Price more than doubled in the past 24 hours.

Looks like some kind of FOMO kicking in but don’t know how long it can last and how far it can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Up to €0.64c and in split second gone to €0.51c . Its madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Volumes are also still rising sharply. Price more than doubled in the past 24 hours.

Looks like some kind of FOMO kicking in but don’t know how long it can last and how far it can go.

Whats the buy/sell walls like?

*in work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Spiked to about $0.76 briefly before falling back to about $0.64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'd say there is a slew of people who got into XRP on the back of last December and it's moonshot.
    With any luck, many of them bumped up their holdings and can at least wash their face on this pump.
    I got rid of my remaining XRP a couple of weeks ago and traded into ETH.
    That said, the December pump paid for my triple Glazing earlier this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Phew!

gu09TAF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Is the Asian market likely to get involved later and pump this further or is everyone done for the day. Seems to be gradually dropping from the earlier highs

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Very happy here. Cashed out near the peak $0.66 and will hopefully buy back in a few days to increase holdings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Am a bit of a noob to crypto and just bought 30 Ripple. I now see there's something called a reserve that freezes 20 Ripple in each wallet. Does this mean essentially that two thirds of the money I just spent has gone down the drain?

Standman wrote: »
    Am a bit of a noob to crypto and just bought 30 Ripple. I now see there's something called a reserve that freezes 20 Ripple in each wallet. Does this mean essentially that two thirds of the money I just spent has gone down the drain?

I was actually not even aware of this, had to look it up.

So yes it seems like to send funds an address need to have a minimum balance of 20 XRP.

I’d say depending on how you purchased your XRP and where you hold them it might never affect you. i.e. the question is do you have you own wallet/address or are your XRP held on your behalf by an exchange/service which has its own wallets/addresses shared amongst several customers? (if it is the second case - which you should double-check but I think is the most likely scenario - your shouldn’t be subject to that limit).

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Paper wallets hold 20xrp
    Ok while the price is cheap but if the price goes to $10 or $100 it's expensive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

I've have a wirex card sent xrp to buy binance. Also you can get a nano s ledger.
    I've also use revolut to hold xrp. Only issue now as the value of xrp is rising I can't send my xrp from revolut to a nano ledger. I now beginning to believe if we go into another financial crisis you need your crypto of exchanges and online wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

noel100 wrote: »
    Paper wallets hold 20xrp
    Ok while the price is cheap but if the price goes to $10 or $100 it's expensive then.

They will just reduce the balance accordingly as and when the price increases, 10XRP or 1XRP etc.

And we’re back to ETH level in terms of market cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I should have bought again yesterday....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

The Ripple threads on Reddit are loving the recent increases and hoping for a €$£/€/$500+ price by EOY

What do people here think ?

Are we going to see some mainstream adoption of Ripple ?

I agree with the common sentiment that it will never reach the value per coin of BTC but even BCH/ETH values would be amazing

will56 wrote: »
    The Ripple threads on Reddit are loving the recent increases and hoping for a €$£/€/$500+ price by EOY

I agree with the common sentiment that it will never reach the value per coin of BTC but even BCH/ETH values would be amazing

Well the value per coin is not very relevant to compare the value of different cryptos as the total number of coins is not the same. Total market cap is more relevant.

With current values there is roughly 5 times more money in Bitcoin than in XRP.

If XRP was to reach $500 and bitcoin remain stable, the ratio would become 200 times more money in XRP than in bitcoin which seems madness and very, very, very ... very! unlikely.

Having said that, yeah I think actual adoption by banks for fund transfers is possible and would boost prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Well the value per coin is not very relevant to compare the value of different cryptos as the total number of coins is not the same. Total market cap is more relevant.

With current values there is roughly 5 times more money in Bitcoin than in XRP.

If XRP was to reach $500 and bitcoin remain stable, the ratio would become 200 times more money in XRP than in bitcoin which seems madness and very, very, very ... very! unlikely.

Having said that, yeah I think actual adoption by banks for fund transfers is possible and would boost prices.

But if XRP becomes a commodity/utility rather than a store of value surely that could see the price pushed into the double digits at least ?

But if XRP becomes a commodity/utility rather than a store of value surely that could see the price pushed into the double digits at least ?

With that big “if” in mind, yes I think it could reach double digit. But IMO in the medium term that double digit idea means $10 much more than $99 (and again it is far from guaranteed).

The nature of how this has rolled has pump and dump written all over it. I was coming round to XRP but this pump is in no way natural. What they have is promising but as has been pointed out by others here, it's not a done deal. There may be regulatory hang ups in them trying to use it as a solution.

One research group produced a report recently saying that XRP would have a value of $0.01 in five years time. Not saying we should take any heed of that but as it stands right now, I'll be watching XRP from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

As mentioned above it's probably another pump and dump. I see some ridiculous price predictions on YouTube and Reddit for XRP ($589 by end of year, $1,000, $5,000). By end of year it probably won't even have past its previous all time high. A lot of people FOMOing in will get badly burnt by this centralized bankster ****-token.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Dogecoin went up 100% recently and held

Ripple has better use cases and had decent news recently, went up around 150%, dropped a bit and is reaching about the 110% mark which is not that surprising considering it hasn't done anything dramatic since Dec/Jan

It was 90c in April/May let's not forget (in line with the rest of the market)

It's a top coin, high visibility and seems "cheap" for uneducated, uninitiated and new investors

I expect it to hang around the 50c mark, and maybe only go up again if the market shows life. The people who think it will go into double digit dollars before EOY are kids who don't know anything and will all be making "crypto is dead" comments the next time the market drops 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Ripple is being pumped and dumped. Its likely to be back down to support levels of 0.25-0.30cent soon enough

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I expect it to hang around the 50c mark, and maybe only go up again if the market shows life. The people who think it will go into double digit dollars before EOY are kids who don't know anything and will all be making "crypto is dead" comments the next time the market drops 10%

To be clear I’m not saying it’s the most likely scenario, but *if* one or more large enough bank starts using xRapid by the end of the year and crypto markets in general pick-up a bit, $10 is not impossible.

Advertisement