Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Where did it hit those prices..?

I think they mean dollars but i didn't see 2.60.

2.25 certainly but not that high.

Still has a long way to go to get too the 3.80 it was at a few weeks ago but I believe it will massively skyrocket over the year brad keeps generating these partnerships.

I predict at least 17 dollars by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Still has a long way to go to get too the 3.80 it was at a few weeks ago but I believe it will massively skyrocket over the year brad keeps generating these partnerships.

Very ambitious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

you shouldnt be drinking at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Reddit is this way
    >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not a chance. Just look at their circulating supply and their ability to produce an almost infinite supply of tokens. I'll be surprised if it even gets to $5.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I got out of XRP ages ago, about 3 days. However I still follow the news related to it and don't rule out buying back into it in future. This time yesterday was ideally the dip to buy though.

There's still plenty of life left in this project which as a company is still in its infancy and on the up.

On advice I got, there's a crypto trader I talk with in the US who has an extensive portfolio and last year he predicted XRP to reach 17/c by the end of last year and it did and more. He predicts 17 dollars by the end of the year. He bases it off Bradleys constant work to try and bring xrp the main stream by partnering with as many companies he can, the commumity that follow xrp and loads more etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

On advice I got, there's a crypto trader I talk with in the US who has an extensive portfolio and last year he predicted XRP to reach 17/c by the end of last year and it did and more. He predicts 17 dollars by the end of the year. He bases it off Bradleys constant work to try and bring xrp the main stream by partnering with as many companies he can, the commumity that follow xrp and loads more etc.

So what you're saying is he thinks it'll go up and he plucked a number out of the air.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    So what you're saying is he thinks it'll go up and he plucked a number out of the air.

Yeah exactly, sure it's all guess work based in information that may or may not happen anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 degra22

Does he like 1's and 7's.

You realise what market cap that would have and how exponentially the rest o the crypto world would have to rise in order for XRP to reach $17.

degra22 wrote: »
    Does he like 1's and 7's.

You realise what market cap that would have and how exponentially the rest o the crypto world would have to rise in order for XRP to reach $17.

Yeah, it may not be likely but it's possible one way or another. Who knows, brad might release masternodes as a nuclear option and send the price up.

I'm just relaying the information I got from my talks with him. Do what you will with it but this the discussion forum for ripple so I thought I throw my info in

You've said it yourself -'guess work'

Some random guy in the US declaring it'll hit $17 means absolutely nothing. It's trying to generate hype. It's as good as the 40k people in the ripple telgram group who are now screaming 'moneygram means $20 by tonight'. God, someone just wrote in it '$50 by end of jan'.

It's all total guesswork and luck. You win some one day and you lose the next. While ripple is one of the more promising cryptos it's price is more driven by surrounding media attention rather than demonstrated functionality at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I bought when it was $2.50😩 I know I'm meant to hold on and have faith... But reports are very mixed. Hoping it goes back up to get back wat I put in..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

Hey folks,

Bought some ripple recently and hope to hold long term. My question is if I hold this long term and do not cash out for say 4 years, do I still need to send in tax returns/info to Revenue in the years between? I understand its 33% CGT at cash out but I seen an article earlier that said I need to provide them with info every year? Hope its not so. To be honest I haven't a clue. Could someone please give me their thoughts on this. Thanks Alot.

Hey folks,

Bought some ripple recently and hope to hold long term. My question is if I hold this long term and do not cash out for say 4 years, do I still need to send in tax returns/info to Revenue in the years between? I understand its 33% CGT at cash out but I seen an article earlier that said I need to provide them with info every year? Hope its not so. To be honest I haven't a clue. Could someone please give me their thoughts on this. Thanks Alot.

There's a tax thread started that's pretty much moot. No one can say for certain what way the tax will work so the general conesensus is keep a record of every transaction. Better to have it and no need than to need it and not have it but if you aren't actually withdrawing it to fiat, I don't think you need to notify revenue until then

We've kind of hit back to the level we were at now yesterday with XRP. Is this the coins real support value?

Wonder if these announcements from Brad will come more rapidly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

Thanks Sheriff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Wheels coming off lads...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7psjvk/moneygram_confirms_ripples_partnership_is_a_pilot/

No use of XRP at all.

Quote:

Hello, This is a pilot program being tested on internal MoneyGram International processes and is not intended for consumer use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

jon1981 wrote: »
    Wheels coming off lads...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7psjvk/moneygram_confirms_ripples_partnership_is_a_pilot/

No use of XRP at all.

Quote:

Hello, This is a pilot program being tested on internal MoneyGram International processes and is not intended for consumer use

That was common knowledge, though. As a matter of fact, it was in the sub-headline on the WSJ:
    MoneyGram Signs Deal to Work With Currency Startup Ripple
    Money-transfer company will run a pilot program testing XRP, a digital currency

Anybody who read the article knew it was something they were just testing rather than blindly adding to their services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Ripple is the marmite of the crypto coins.

Ripple is the marmite of the crypto coins.

There's is quite a following of hate with this coin, as is shown by the people on reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There's a tax thread started that's pretty much moot. but if you aren't actually withdrawing it to fiat, I don't think you need to notify revenue until then

That's been shown to be incorrect multiple times on multiple threads. Please stop posting incorrect information.

Cgt is due anytime you sell a crypto currency, irrespective of what you sell it for.
    XRP, USD, EUR, XVG, etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He's not predicting, he's making a guess

Traders generally make (or lose) money along with hundreds/thousands of other traders by following the same general patterns as them

The market could be 10x bigger this time next year, it could be 10x smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

GreeBo wrote: »
    That's been shown to be incorrect multiple times on multiple threads. Please stop posting incorrect information.

Cgt is due anytime you sell a crypto currency, irrespective of what you sell it for.
    XRP, USD, EUR, XVG, etc!

If it's not recognised as currency by government how is it due CGT? I might as well be swapping beanie babies for stamps according to the official line on cryptos, so are they talking out of both sides of their mouths here or what? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

benjamin d wrote: »
    If it's not recognised as currency by government how is it due CGT? I might as well be swapping beanie babies for stamps according to the official line on cryptos, so are they talking out of both sides of their mouths here or what? Genuine question.
    It's an asset.

It's an asset.

But is his beanie babies and stamps analogy still correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

It's an asset.

If it's regarded as valueless (technically, in a monetary sense) by the government then it doesnt become an asset until it's exchanged for fiat currency, no?

And paying CGT per transaction is surely paying tax on the same batch of fiat currency repeatedly, no?

I genuinely believe that as it stands now cryptos are no different to any other "collectable" in that there is no inherent value assigned to it officially other than that actually realised in a money-exchanging transaction.

I freely admit I have no idea what I'm talking about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

That was common knowledge, though. As a matter of fact, it was in the sub-headline on the WSJ:

Anybody who read the article knew it was something they were just testing rather than blindly adding to their services.
    Gotta be honest i am a fan of ripple and any article ive read never stated that it was a project funded by ripple.
    Im not saying ripple hasnt got legs but i do believe the announcement with moneygram was a marketing strategy.
    Every opportunity to say they funded a test case but failed to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Does anyone see any end to the recent slump. Are we likely to see further decline or is there anything positive in the pipeline truth or rumour that may drive this up. Recent news doesn't instill confidence but what confidence can you ever have in crypto.

Advertisement