Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

it's the usual friday dip, however i believe Bitcoin is coming back into play, not that it ever left. i expected it sooner....next stop 25k?? interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Is now a good time to invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I bought back into ripple this morn, alot of positive press ( except the coinbase tweet) over the last few days so hopefully this dip is short lived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Gatehub used to give you 20 XRP to cover the cost of operating the wallet. Not sure if they still do given the rise in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

I've lost out on every dip in ripple and Eth over the past 6 weeks, my head is telling me to sell again but i'm determined to sit tight on this one and ride it out. Bitcoin is definitely coming back into play, funds gained from ripple could be pushing bitcoin. There will be announcements within ripple over the coming weeks that will drive it back up . Might be an idea to buy in the dip . God only knows ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Shouldn't everyone be holding bitcoin as a hedge? When a popular alt nose dives , bitcoin nearly always goes up. The dump has to go somewhere and it's nearly always bitcoin.

She's beginning to fight back. Come on my pretty ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

So I just bought my first lot of Ripple (Yippee).

What website/app are people using to track its price? It seems like every site seems to display a different current Ripple price!

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

What website/app are people using to track its price? It seems like every site seems to display a different current Ripple price!

Only price that matters is the exchange you sell it on. So check the price on the exchange. Binance for example has it's own app so easy to check

"Crypto prices all in one" is a good app. You can choose the relevant coins from the exchanges you are on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

jon1981 wrote: »
    ....Binance for example has it's own app so easy to check

Sadly, Binance is currently closed to new accounts - see here

Kraken is creaking at the seams and probably should also be closed to new customers. They have been promising an upgrade on their website for a while now (onscreen message is mid December, from memory), but I don't think they've delivered it.

Where else is Ripple traded (and is relatively secure) ?

Many thanks

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

garrettod wrote: »
    Where else is Ripple traded (and is relatively secure) ?

Many thanks

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Seems to be dipping again. If it drifts back to $2.50 I might take a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

smacl wrote: »
    Seems to be dipping again. If it drifts back to $2.50 I might take a punt.

Bought back in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Blockfolio is an app and lets you choose which exchange you want to get the price from be it Bittrex, Binance, Kraken etc

Handy when you have multiple coins across multiple exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hi all. Bought a number of ripple sometime ago.

Currently resting in my bittrex wallet. Have been told they could be stored safer. Where’s best for ripple to be stored as a wallet?

Using etherscan for ETH so transferring for me is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Did anyone else sign up to the ripple telegram group ?

Is has become ridiculous and worries me to think all these people have money in the game. It has 38k members, hundreds of messages popping up every few minutes and it's dominated by people saying things like ' Tonight at 11pm ripple will hit 50$' . Zero actual discussion going on.

It's like the Reddit hive mind personified into an instant messaging group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scottyzen

Here a quick guide I made. goo.gl/ix4hUs
    I think its the easiest and fastest way to buy XRP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Using blockfolio to keep track of things. Just rebought some xrp on binance. Blockfolio showing the price at $2.80 (close enough to euro price), should be around $3.40. Anyone else seeing that error?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Gryzor wrote: »
    Using blockfolio to keep track of things. Just rebought some xrp on binance. Blockfolio showing the price at $2.80 (close enough to euro price), should be around $3.40. Anyone else seeing that error?

I find blockfolio to be very unreliable, it's a daily occurrence where it fails to refresh the prices. I wouldn't rely on it. Binance have a mobile app however which is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

yeah, it's handy for keeping an eye on everything in one place, have some stuff that's not on binance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭crushproof

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Did anyone else sign up to the ripple telegram group ?

Is has become ridiculous and worries me to think all these people have money in the game. It has 38k members, hundreds of messages popping up every few minutes and it's dominated by people saying things like ' Tonight at 11pm ripple will hit 50
    . Zero actual discussion going on.

It's like the Reddit hive mind personified into an instant messaging group.[/quote]

Every one of the these chats I've joined has descended into the same kind of nonsense. I've given up joining them because of the above. Which is a shame because I could be missing out on vital information and news.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

crushproof wrote: »

Every one of the these chats I've joined has descended into the same kind of nonsense. I've given up joining them because of the above. Which is a shame because I could be missing out on vital information and news.

Reminds me of Godwin's Law!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

crushproof wrote: »

Every one of the these chats I've joined has descended into the same kind of nonsense. I've given up joining them because of the above. Which is a shame because I could be missing out on vital information and news.[/quote]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7ooaut/xrp_listed_on_japanese_dmm_group_exchange_january/?utm_source=amp_share&utm_medium=tweet

This one's kept on track and is pretty positive to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

XRP mania has run its course much the same way as a massacre in Las Vegas or some other kind of "eye opener du jour".

now just go about your live and let Ripple rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Chrongen wrote: »
    XRP mania has run its course much the same way as a massacre in Las Vegas or some other kind of "eye opener du jour".

life and let die

Chrongen wrote: »

But wait...

Was it not all that new frenzy "eye opener du jour" money coming in that was going to propel us c. $1.00 - $1.50 HODLers to the moon?

If Ripplemania is dying down, what's going to help us get to 2x or 3x the current price?

The market cap is already insane at $130bn+. For XRP to even just double your money at the current price, we need the market cap to more or less equal that for BTC. That would be impressive, and completely nuts.

I came into this game a few weeks ago to board the XRP train with a suitcase full of optimism and dollar signs in my eyes. The longer I'm here, with the more I learn and study the way the market (should) work, the less I believe in the returns potential of investing in XRP. Certainly at the current prices.

I invested in tranches between $1.10 and $1.40, I'm starting to think of an exit strategy with XRP to be honest. I know there's people out there looking at the current price thinking 'Great, I'm gonna buy on the dip and profit big time', and those people could be right, but XRP is starting to unsettle me personally.

Note that I don't think it's going to dive or anything. I just don't think it's going to be as lucrative for the >$1 investors as a lot of people hope it's going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Stay up!

I think I'll get out now and find better opportunity . I got in at 60 cent and I reckon I can put my money to better use. As you say, for me to double my mine means Ripple == Bitcoin in market cap.I don't see that happening for a long time.

Now if everyone is thinking like me here and gets out when things slow down then this whole market is f**ked. Few are in for the long haul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

BTC/USD is worse this morning so not a good idea to hedge with BTC?

Edit: I sold 75% to USD at $2.46 in case it ends up around $1.50-70.

Advertisement