Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    bought in at $0.20, sold at $2.75, I'm done with XRP.

Similar to me. I got in at $0.165. Time to sell as I can't see it climbing much higher.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Autochange wrote: »
    Where are you buying that you are getting in so early at such low price?

I bought it on Kraken early last summer. Certainly wasn't difficult to find an exchange that listed XRP.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

The Japanese DMM network are supposed to list XRP tomorrow, January 10th. I don't know what effect that will have on the price. Doubt it will send it skywards but it is certainly positive news. DMM has 27 million subscribers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Chrongen wrote: »
    The Japanese DMM network are supposed to list XRP tomorrow, January 10th. I don't know what effect that will have on the price. Doubt it will send it skywards but it is certainly positive news. DMM has 27 million subscribers.

Doesn't seem to have done any good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to have done any good...

Hasn't started yet, market is launching the 10th, with users allowed trade from the 11th.

Ill hold what I have left till then, if it doesn't go up ill sell at this point.

Expecting to see some small jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Starting to dawn that the Emperor has no clothes maybe? Relying on addition to exchanges to drive price is not enough.

I posted this elsewhere but

To put it in perspective

Market cap of
    S&P 500 - 23tn
    Google - 770bn
    Apple - 885bn
    Nvidia - 134bn
    Mastercard - 168bn
    Paypal - 95bn

The point being these are companies or listings of companies around decades with multiple products and millions if not billions of customers. Revenue generating. Strong brands. Strong network effects.

We're effectively saying Ripple is nearly worth as much as Nvidia or Mastercard and MORE than Paypal???!

Putting the pragmatic hat on for a second:

1) if Ripple is at 99bn right now with no real revenue or customer base of note then the future value is already in today's price with assumptions product, customers and revenue will follow.

2) Ripple price will be highly volatile as any slip along the road will introduce doubt on achieving this future state.

3) What if the next 5 yrs is already baked in today's price? You'll see ripple move between 2-5 dollars as it moves along its journey to either success or failure. If success then yes it may break out above 5.

However this then makes Ripple bigger than MasterCard and PayPal together... how real is this? Maybe in 5-10yrs...assuming the stars align.

This is a 5 year play and may go nowhere. Too much FUD about and not sure what is fact or fiction about this company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Not a Ripple specific question but one I'm sure some of you can answer having invested in it.

My route to investing in Ripple was to buy ETH on Coinbase using my debit card, then transfer ETH from Coinbase to Binance, then buy Ripple on Binance using my ETH....

To sell, I'll be doing the reverse, i.e. selling my Ripple on Binance for ETH, then transferring my ETH from Binance over to Coinbase, and then cashing out to EUR on Coinbase - what are the withdrawal options? Does it get put back on the same debit card, or can I select a different account/card to cash out on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

jon1981 wrote: »

To put it in perspective

Market cap of
    S&P 500 - 23tn
    Google - 770bn
    Apple - 885bn
    Nvidia - 134bn
    Mastercard - 168bn
    Paypal - 95bn

The point being these are companies or listings of companies around decades with multiple products and millions if not billions of customers. Revenue generating. Strong brands. Strong network effects.

We're effectively saying Ripple is nearly worth as much as Nvidia or Mastercard and MORE than Paypal???!

1) if Ripple is at 99bn right now with no real revenue or customer base of note then the future value is already in today's price with assumptions product, customers and revenue will follow.

2) Ripple price will be highly volatile as any slip along the road will introduce doubt on achieving this future state.

3) What if the next 5 yrs is already baked in today's price? You'll see ripple move between 2-5 dollars as it moves along its journey to either success or failure. If success then yes it may break out above 5.

However this then makes Ripple bigger than MasterCard and PayPal together... how real is this? Maybe in 5-10yrs...assuming the stars align.

This is a 5 year play and may go nowhere. Too much FUD about and not sure what is fact or fiction about this company.

But what if the current value is already overvalued af and the real value of ripple is <50c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

But what if the current value is already overvalued af and the real value of ripple is <50c?

You just have to have faith in the company and what they say they are going to do

• Advertisement

I think that's an option and probably accurate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

To sell, I'll be doing the reverse, i.e. selling my Ripple on Binance for ETH, then transferring my ETH from Binance over to Coinbase, and then cashing out to EUR on Coinbase - what are the withdrawal options? Does it get put back on the same debit card, or can I select a different account/card to cash out on?
    I seem to remember reading they can't (won't) pay out on to a debit card.

I'd say you need to set up an EU account for a SEPA transfer out.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Can I ask people here whats the disadvantage of using Etoro.

I'm aware you're not buying actual currency but on the flip side you won't have to pay any tax i.e. 20% Capital Gains Tax.

Charges are minimal as well although the exchange rates are a couple of points above retail (it's USD fuelled).

So whats the catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

IMO most if not all cryptos are currently valued at more than they are worth, all values at the moment are based on potential and not current utility.

Besides that point, you can't compare crypto to companies, saying ripple is worth more than PayPal is like saying all the euro in the world is worth more than PayPal. You need to compare crypto to currencies or at least commodities not companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

That's very good news in fairness.

Hopefully, the price reflects it soon, if not then current price is its true value at this point in time imo

edit: Just shot straight back up to $2 WOW if you just bought in the last hour

That's very good news in fairness.

Hopefully, the price reflects it soon, if not then current price is its true value at this point in time imo

its up 3% in the last 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Good news doesn't automatically boost price. It's a combination of factors, including type of news, current trends in the market, sentiment, volatility, recent price rises/drops .. a whole range of stuff

Highly speculative market in high speculative digital assets (most of which only have hypothetical use) is very whimsical

Brad must have been up late last night thinking about best to increase his net worth

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Good news doesn't automatically boost price. It's a combination of factors, including type of news, current trends in the market, sentiment, volatility, recent price rises/drops .. a whole range of stuff

Highly speculative market in high speculative digital assets (most of which only have hypothetical use) is very whimsical

teach me sensei ..teach me! :)

• Advertisement

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Brad must have been up late last night thinking about best to increase his net worth

Id say more a case of hold til needed on that news

now at 2.22 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

all the lambos so many lambos...and they all go round and round....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jon1981 wrote: »

To put it in perspective

Market cap of
    S&P 500 - 23tn
    Google - 770bn
    Apple - 885bn
    Nvidia - 134bn
    Mastercard - 168bn
    Paypal - 95bn

i've said it before and I'll say it again.

Crypto is not a company, you are not buying shares you are buying a currency/commodity.

The world's gold supply would have an implied market cap of $7.07 trillion dollars...so what does that mean for XRP?
    How much USD or EUR is in the world?

You are doing apples to oranges comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Big 25+% surge since 2pm on Bitfinex.

Moneygram are going to test use the XRP token.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/11/ripple-announces-an-actual-customer-for-xrp-brackets-ok-its-a-trial/amp

Now what. I sold on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

While i am a big fan of XRP it worries me how much mob mentality is associated with this particular coin.

One tweet from the CEO to surge the price when he has such a huge vested interest.

TheSheriff wrote: »
    While i am a big fan of XRP it worries me how much mob mentality is associated with this particular coin.

One tweet from the CEO to surge the price when he has such a huge vested interest.

its a new age, companies dont need to have big press releases, their use social media to alert their followers, him and money gram tweeted their new deal and it had the effect they wanted

its a new age, companies dont need to have big press releases, their use social media to alert their followers, him and money gram tweeted their new deal and it had the effect they wanted

It hit €2.60 and now floating around €2.12

Be interesting if it slips below $2 again

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It hit €2.60 and now floating around €2.12

Be interesting if it slips below $2 again

Where did it hit those prices..?

Advertisement