Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Does anyone see any end to the recent slump. Are we likely to see further decline or is there anything positive in the pipeline truth or rumour that may drive this up. Recent news doesn't instill confidence but what confidence can you ever have in crypto.

This thread has gone sooooooo quiet. No posts for 2 days , it would normally be all day every day. Where has everyone gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Still holding a small amount of Ripple, currently in the Red tough, if it keeps dropping I am not sure what to do. Might have to take a loss and bow out.

Edit: Come one Brad, send a few tweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Still holding a small amount of Ripple, currently in the Red tough, if it keeps dropping I am not sure what to do. Might have to take a loss and bow out.

Edit: Come one Brad, send a few tweets!

I'm the opposite, sold out of Ripple for a tidy profit and am setting buy orders now to get back in albeit on a smaller scale than my previois holdings.
    Ripple has been very good to me and I'm hoping for more to come.

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, sold out of Ripple for a tidy profit and am setting buy orders now to get back in albeit on a smaller scale than my previois holdings.
    Ripple has been very good to me and I'm hoping for more to come.

Smart move,

I am glad I reduced my holding by about 80% at ~2e. Bought in at 0.40-0.50c so made some money.

I left some in as I didnt think it would go this low to be honest, I'll probably buy more on the down tick.

How low do you think it will go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Smart move,

I am glad I reduced my holding by about 80% at ~2e. Bought in at 0.40-0.50c so made some money.

I left some in as I didnt think it would go this low to be honest, I'll probably buy more on the down tick.

How low do you think it will go?

I juat had a buy triggered at €1.35 and have a 2nd order set for €1.10.
    I dont know if the 2nd order will trigger but all it takes is 1 large sell to momentarily ahift the sell curve in my favour ;) and I might get lucky.

I originally bought into Ripple at €.20 as a long term hold with a target price of €1.80.
    It blasted thru that a lot sooner than I expected, so I sold out.
    I do see that price as a long term target again tho.
    It really is dependant on the coin entering use, rather than just the ripple network.

Below €1 now . Big decisions to be made boys. Has this run its course ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

Not sure what is happening, but had some orders on kraken in the range of 0.8 to 1 € and they went through while price was above 1.15. Might help someone :)

Not sure what is happening, but had some orders on kraken in the range of 0.8 to 1 € and they went through while price was above 1.15. Might help someone :)

Cheers for the heads up .

Ripple was in free fall , managed to sell @ €1.20 and buy back in @ €0.96c within the hour. First time I can remember a quick sell and then a quick buy has worked positively for me . Back up at €1.08 at the moment ( at the moment I say gingerly !) . Huge drops across all coins. Is it all worth it ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

The Lannisters send their regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Jaysus brendan where have you been the last few weeks?

Back up to €1.20 . Wonder what the US and Asian markets will make of all of this . Will these Wall Street bonuses lead to anything short term ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Have a look at this thread chaps (I'm not a fan of Reddit, but there seems to be some good info in this one).

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qqfcz/everybody_relax_heres_the_reason_for_the_dip_and/

Have a look at this thread chaps (I'm not a fan of Reddit, but there seems to be some good info in this one).

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, most of Reddit these days is posts on 'This is why X coin will reach Y price in 2018' or ' This is why X coin is low at the moment'. Most of it is just conjecture, an attempt to calm people and stop them from selling.

That said, most coins are in the Red at the moment, so there should be some kind of sig. market upswing, but in the case of Ripple I think it would need something really significant from Brad & co. partnership wise to drive the price back to profitability for alot of people.

People who bought in around the ATH with this coin when there was an absolute enormous amount of hype pushing the price will really be feeling every cent dip at this point.

Oh, an I bought some more last night before I went to sleep at ~1.29 ish.

Already down on that , but hoping for the long term there will be at least a 2x return.

I think the Ripple 10X returns are long gone at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

In my opinion Ripple is only starting. It hasn't even been utilized yet and Brad Garlinghouse (CEO) has stated he is working with at least 3 major companies. I think if and when XRP gets used by financial institutions the price will soar again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, most of Reddit these days is posts on 'This is why X coin will reach Y price in 2018' or ' This is why X coin is low at the moment'. Most of it is just conjecture, an attempt to calm people and stop them from selling.

That said, most coins are in the Red at the moment, so there should be some kind of sig. market upswing, but in the case of Ripple I think it would need something really significant from Brad & co. partnership wise to drive the price back to profitability for alot of people.

People who bought in around the ATH with this coin when there was an absolute enormous amount of hype pushing the price will really be feeling every cent dip at this point.
    I bought in very cheap a loooong time ago.. somewhere around the 30c mark, so I'm happily still in the black on it.. but regret not jumping now as it doesn't seem like it'll ever reach the highs of December,

Both Bitcoin , Ethereum and even Litecoin took large steps forward and then regressed only to grow again and reach ATH . The hardest thing to do in these circumstances is to sit tight for a period of time . More money is lost by " amateur investors" (I include myself in this) when we try to sell when the dips occur and then buy back in , we never seem to get back to the same overall position.

Ripple has followed trend with them , stagnant for a long while followed by huge progression followed by regression and the next step hopefully will be steady increases. There may be some further short term pain , hopefully not too much but the question is whether we can afford to ride it out , everyone's buy price and circumstances are unique but our end goal I think is the same.

If we go back a 13 days (just 13 days) , the world was rosy , ripple was about to take over the world and we all had nothing but positive opinions as what Ripple could ultimately be and prices it could reach . Numbers such as $5 , $10 or $50 being branded about the place as being achievable . Has all our opinions been swayed so much in such a short time or were these ever our opinions in the first place, are we all simply winging it pretending we know what is going on ???
    The same cycle has occurred now with ripple as has done with other well known cryptos and they have survived and made lots of profits . Similar trends and cycles seems to be the thing with cryptocurrency over the past 6 months.
    Take from this whatever you want , whatever gives you comfort or guidance . This most certainly is not financial advice , its mere observation

Don't panic, only invest what you can afford to lose.

€0.95 now on kraken. **Shudder**

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Ripple will drop to between $0.6-$0.8 in the next day or two, mark my words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Dakota Dan wrote: »

That's when you buy as much as you can.

The market will swing back up and you'll make a tasty profit the next time brad tweets about a partnership

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Any analysis of that statement oh Great Oracle? Or have you just rocked into the crypto forum for the first time ever with a baseless one liner?

ETA I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did go down to that but unless you have some reason to back up your very definitive statement I don't think you should just come in to a thread and spout off unsubstantiated guff without a notion of explaining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

benjamin d wrote: »
    Any analysis of that statement oh Great Oracle? Or have you just rocked into the crypto forum for the first time ever with a baseless one liner?

I been trading for the last two years and have my sources, do you have to have certain qualifications to post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

I been trading for the last two years and have my sources, do you have to have certain qualifications to post here?

No you don't, and no one has ever asked anyone for qualifications if they post, but it's a reasonable expectation that you should be able to back up a one line post promising ("mark my words") that a crypto will do this or that with a few facts and figures or maybe some news you've heard.

So go on then, what are your reasons for such confidence? Or are you just trying to look clever or spread a little FUD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

benjamin d wrote: »
    No you don't, and no one has ever asked anyone for qualifications if they post, but it's a reasonable expectation that you should be able to back up a one line post promising ("mark my words") that a crypto will do this or that with a few facts and figures or maybe some news you've heard.

So go on then, what are your reasons for such confidence? Or are you just trying to look clever or spread a little FUD?

Ladies put the handbags away

However Dakota dan, it's frowned upon to make a colaim without backing it up in some shape or form

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I really hope Asia buy when they wake..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah c'mon now, the incredulousness in the thread is hard to believe. This is crypto. 50%+ drops shouldn't be a surprise.

grindle wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now, the incredulousness in the thread is hard to believe. This is crypto. 50%+ drops shouldn't be a surprise.

Yeah, but I think the reality is most people who are here arent REALLY prepared to lose this money.

They got in after hearing about the huge rise of Bitcoin, and for a few days there over xmas Ripple looked like the next gravy train. Alot of people (including myself got onboard around the 50-80c mark, then another huge wave at the 1.50e mark).

IMO, I think if people are in the red already they may as well hold (unless its life changing money). If you got in at 0.25C tough I would sell, worst case keep an eye on the market overnight.

SOME PROFIT is better than NO PROFIT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This is a repeat of the summer cycle last year. Horrible 40% drop. Support levels will probably drop to where they were around the first half of December - we'd risen too fast, surely?

• Advertisement

Advertisement