Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,899 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So a gimmick hardcore match where pin falls count anywhere yet the ref stops a 3 count for a rope break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭hynesie08

****ing hell Jeff, you have a wife and kids....... Stupid risk to take

Mrs Miz is a stunning looking woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Very generic gear on Ricochet, would look good with a mask

Ali to Mia after she lost to Dana....There is no failure in Retribution.

Ali i hate to tell you all there is to Retribution is failure.

• Advertisement

So Drew can take 3 different finishing moves in the space of a minute and it takes nothing out of him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The one positive about Raw is, is I like how there are multiple challengers for the WWE Title.

AJ number 1 contender, The Miz with the contract, Braun will be back in the hunt, Sheamus will turn, lots of moving parts. It's keeping things exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,308 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wow! Reckoning is really Mia Yim!?!? I did not see that coming.
    They didn't seem too fussed about her mask. I guess it's to be expected when it was just held on by bands over the ears.

So now will Asuka and Lana get a title shot?

What was with the Cedric leaving the ring thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So a gimmick hardcore match where pin falls count anywhere yet the ref stops a 3 count for a rope break.

A Hell in a Cell match was stopped in recent times because it was ''out of hand''. Should tell you all you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Either Elias was doing some amazing selling after that Swanton or he was in agony.

• Advertisement

Jeff was lucky. I whoever set that up didn't plan it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bit of a meh Raw

Glad Styles in number 1 contender and it will be an interesting match. Cant see Drew losing the title to him but he might lose it if Miz cashes in. A possibility of Sheamus turning on him leading too it

Hard to care fully about Orton vs The Fiend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,574 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Thought JoMo was a champ there for a second seeing that pic

I hope Sheamus gets one last run as World Champ by doing the dirt on Drew.

Jesus how can someone even approve the name Slapjack

The Long Hall pub in Dublin getting a mention by Sheamus

Never thought I'd hear that on wwe TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Are Ali, Slapjack, Reckoning and the rest of the gang in Retribution one of the worst stables in WWE history? Losing to Dana Brooke will surely have them on an upward trajectory.

They, like Raw in general, suck so much. Amazes me how the company with the most resources, reach and experience consistently puts out the worst weekly product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Are Ali, Slapjack, Reckoning and the rest of the gang in Retribution one of the worst stables in WWE history? Losing to Dana Brooke will surely have them on an upward trajectory.

They, like Raw in general, suck so much. Amazes me how the company with the most resources, reach and experience consistently puts out the worst weekly product.

I'm just seeing clips of the Wyatt/Orton stuff from last night. It's a reminder that pops up every so often on my timeline that helps me remember why I don't watch weekly WWE TV. I swear that Orton/Wyatt stuff is every bit as cringe as anything WCW we're doing under Jim Herd or Russo. And I swear it wasn't so long ago people were trying to convince me Wyatt is good.

Yeh I don't get the whole Wyatt is a creative genius character who's stuff has a deeper meaning etc.

For me the Fiend is just some goof puppeteer in a ridiculous looking mask who's matches are awful and segments even worse. The Dungeon of Doom were better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

You’ve said you don’t watch wwe so how do you know it’s sucks

sky88 wrote: »
    You’ve said you don’t watch wwe so how do you know it’s sucks

I read reports, see stuff on Twitter and look at clips if I hear of anything. There is no doubting that Raw sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Ah yeah, cos all Irish and Scottish people love to fight and drink..

They didn't have Alexa there for a game of Let's Get Randy? Probably for the best.

Mia Yim who was a potential NXT woman's champion is now losing to Dana 2 weeks in row.

Randy got fined for putting his hands on an official and Braun was suspended for headbutting one. So Drew and Sheamus should be suspended?

just as a matter of interest, is there much organisation to when they come out to show respect like they did for Pat? Just Vince in the middle and HHH and Drew on either side. Possible that's all the organising and everyone else just finds a spot. Looked like Titus had his hands in his pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeh I don't get the whole Wyatt is a creative genius character who's stuff has a deeper meaning etc.

For me the Fiend is just some goof puppeteer in a ridiculous looking mask who's matches are awful and segments even worse. The Dungeon of Doom were better than this.

I can't remember the last person who was given this type of rope to do long term storytelling. When's the last time we've seen two superstars acknowledge they had previous beef in WWE?

Vince certainly trusts Wyatt that can't be doubted.

I can't remember the last person who was given this type of rope to do long term storytelling. When's the last time we've seen two superstars acknowledge they had previous beef in WWE?

He trusts him but it's God awful, that segment with Orton and the puppet was on my timeline this morning, I genuinely want to know who could watch that and think it's good?

And I'd be far less inclined to give credit to a booker who, as a one off, acknowledges his audience have a longer memory span than a single ppv cycle. I'm sorry but we have to set the bar a little higher than that.

Dana beating Retribution in a 1-on-5 handicap match every week for the next 3 months would be fine with me. They are just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dana beating Retribution in a 1-on-5 handicap match every week for the next 3 months would be fine with me. They are just awful.

Nah sorry, Dana is one of them inexplicable cases of being used more than she's due. Been around long enough and achieved nothing, now the likes of Ali, Dijak and Yim are jobbing to her? That's not on.

They can acknowledge it but it still doesn't make it any good, that segment with Orton and the puppet was laughably bad.

It's the type of thing I'd be embarrassed to show a non wrestling fan so for me it's awful, but some obviously like it which is cool too.

• Advertisement

we will prob end up getting Reckoning/Mia Yim getting fired from Retribution and she will end up teaming with Dana who will feel sorry for her

The Sheamus and Drew thing was both odd and entertaining, they will have a good feud someday. Hard to believe AJ styles never faced Drew before

The Orton vs Wyatt/Fiend thing is good but who is supposed to be the face and heel, Bray turning into the fiend for the choke out was pretty well done. I wonder how they done it so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ali, Dijak and Yim are jobbing to her?

Ali, T-Bar and Reckoning.

Was just thinking, remember Riddick Moss and Dabba-Kato were drafted to Raw? Haven't been seen since Underground finished.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking, remember Riddick Moss and Dabba-Kato were drafted to Raw? Haven't been seen since Underground finished.

Who?!

Had to Google him. I have never seen him in my life.

Aka Babatunde. He never fought in NXT and was in the Greatest Royal Rumble, I think. But lately was just in Raw Underground where he was undefeated until he lost to Braun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm just seeing clips of the Wyatt/Orton stuff from last night. It's a reminder that pops up every so often on my timeline that helps me remember why I don't watch weekly WWE TV. I swear that Orton/Wyatt stuff is every bit as cringe as anything WCW we're doing under Jim Herd or Russo. And I swear it wasn't so long ago people were trying to convince me Wyatt is good.

Id like to see Bray Wyatt as a normal competitor. I feel the guy is creative in terms of his characters but part of the execution stinks. As an in-ring performer, I don't see it. The smoke and mirrors masks how below average he is.

Thats said, The Fiend character does nothing for me. The gimmick has had its moments but overall it sucks, esp after being jobbed out to Oldberg.

The whole Orton feud is just bollox, as is most of his feuds. Firstly is The Fiend supposed to be a face in all this? why? Ive no clue.

Secondly, the build is almost the same as every other Fiend feud. At this stage, why should I care. Even a motivated Orton cant save this train wreck.

The Fiend is awful, but its no Seven yet. (That was Dustin Rhodes gimmick in WCW right? or was that Black Reign)

• Advertisement

Dana winning a match is fine with me. She deserves a break.

However, having her pin a debuting Mia Yim 2 weeks ago is an awful move. The whole stable have been a disaster booking wise.

From a booking POV its been a train wreck, it was half baked panic booking at best, crazy self sabotage at worst. When they finally decided on wrestlers for the gimmick (which shows the complete botchery of the group to begin with), the then choose to bury very capable guys.

Dijak was great in NXT. He has the look and skills to be a decent mid carder or even upper mid carder. Big man, decent look and can move. Maybe missing good mic skills. But overall they could easily do something with him.

Dio could have been fine without him, havent seen much but he could be a good hand.

Shane Thorne is a great in ring cruiserweight. Again, maybe missing mic skills, but he could easily be given anything better than this.

Yim - A decent NXT career and then killed since debuting. She can speak, she can wrestle and she deserves better.

Ali - Like do they hate this guy. I felt when he joined the group it could be a launching pad for him and the guys. He can cut a promo, he can certainly go in ring and has the kayfabe motivation to really deliver.

But no, the group has been jobbed out, no real storyline and no hope unless some serious rehab occurred. They took 5 people and ruined them. Zero of the booking makes sense, why create the group if this is where it led. No direction, no clue... no hope.

But at least they lasted longer than Raw Underground, though one could argue that got taken out of its misery while this stable is living in pain.

WWE MAIN ROSTER RIGHT NOW IS WHERE TALENT GOES TO DIE.

AJ vs. Sheamus tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ali - Like do they hate this guy. I felt when he joined the group it could be a launching pad for him and the guys. He can cut a promo, he can certainly go in ring and has the kayfabe motivation to really deliver.

Ali being revealed as the faction leader is the only good thing done with Retribution and even then they made him just another member and not the mastermind all along to tie in with his hacktivist stuff.

Retribution is the worst.

This week: What does Mace bring to the team? He used to do colour commentary. That's his USP as a mute is it?

So they acknowledged that Mace is Dio Maddin.

Jackson Ryker has been Elias' bodyguard for 5 minutes and has been more physical than AJ's bodyguard has done in his time as bouncer and bodyguard.

What are the chances of Lana/Asuka winning? I see Sexy Muscle Friends are back

I really like AJs heater. AJ bouncing off him has been one of the brighter spots of Raw. I also like the dynamic if him not getting physical yet. Its different.

Riddle has been funny too, though I fear this mid card comedy bit will do him no favors in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What are the chances of Lana/Asuka winning? I see Sexy Muscle Friends are back

Lana ruled out of Tag match, Asuka gets to pick the tag team partner of her choosing.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Riddle has been funny too, though I fear this mid card comedy bit will do him no favors in the long run.

Spot on, apparently Vince loves it, so expect it to be run into the ground.

Loughc wrote: »
    Lana ruled out of Tag match, Asuka gets to pick the tag team partner of her choosing.

Wooooo Who will she pick?

Loughc wrote: »

Spot on, apparently Vince loves it, so expect it to be run into the ground.

Like I enjoyed Riddles silly interactions with MVP. By enjoyed, Id say a cheap laugh. Full expect the horse to be beaten well after its dead and I wont be expecting a big push for Riddle.

I really like Riddle in the ring but his personality /persona is going to hold him back long term. He could cut it in fhe ring at a main event level but his character will stop him getting to the dance.

She cant be really ruled out, if so what was the point of thr last 8 weeks of booking?

I wager she will push through her injury to win.

Unless there's a turn during the match then having Asuka and Charlotte lose would be crazy.
    A shocking return for Kairi? So Nia can injure her again.

But it's going to be Natalya, isn't it?

Unless there's a turn during the match then having Asuka and Charlotte lose would be crazy.
    A shocking return for Kairi? So Nia can injure her again.

But it's going to be Natalya, isn't it?

Is Charlotte due back?

TimesArrow wrote: »

The decline continues.

Id love AEW to go head to head with Raw or Smackdown. Just to see what woukd happen. AEW at this stage have a steady viewership and Raws is suffering. WWEs December programing habits are predictable, while you never know what will go down on Dynamite.

When fans return it will be interesting to see their reactions to WWEs efforts. Can you imagine fans ****ting on the Orton Wyatt feud? Or chanting boring at yet another Nia Jax push?

WWE has serious issues that arent being addressed and now the new kid on the block will put them to the sword slowly.

Khan was dead right, the balance has shifted.

Obviously AEW beating all 3 hours of Raw this week will be the talk and rightly so. But some of the other categories they won in too are bad news for WWE. The younger the categories skew, the fewer fans WWE has. It's been said for ages, it's a company with a young person problem. They've run off millions of people from pro wrestling and never replaced them.

Enjoyed the Sheamus vs Styles match, i wonder is Jordon too big to actually compete in the ring ?. You would of thought Drew will come out and help Sheamus

Riddle is really starting to pish me off, it would be alright if it turns out he's acting goofy on purpose and turns on Jeff Hardy

The whole of Forgotten Sons seem to be in bodyguard type roles now

Enjoyed all the Wyatt/Fiend stuff this week

Safe to say Styles is not winning the title on sunday if he got the strong go home show ending

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement