Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Refugees aim to flee a particular country, not pass through half a dozen safe countries to get to a particular country. What were they fleeing from in Turkey, Italy, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria? They are economic migrants as their decision to travel through so many safe countries was one based on economics. Not seeking refuge.

#justsaying

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No hurt feelings, no need for Mods, I'd just prefer if his posts didn't appear in my feed. Is that possible?

Click on the users name and there is an option to add them to your Ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

BigJackC wrote: »
    Refugees aim to flee a particular country, not pass through half a dozen safe countries to get to a particular country. What were they fleeing from in Turkey, Italy, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria? They are economic migrants as their decision to travel through so many safe countries was one based on economics. Not seeking refuge.

#justsaying

Not according to the UNHCR: http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c125.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It was a simple question, are there any other articles about assaults in Germany that don't feature Muslims on that paper? The answer is no. Because they are not interested in attacks in Germany or transgender people. They are interested in Muslim attacks in Germany on anyone.

I'm amazed at how far you're willing to go to try claim the Jerusalem Post posted that story of Muslims attacking transgender people in Germany because they are concerned for the safety of transgender people or the general safety of Germans.

There is a conversation to be had about how Muslim immigrants are integrating into western society and how Islam as a religion contrasts with the rights people in western society have clawed back from Christianity in recent times. But the Jerusalem Posts "Muslims are bad, Muslim migrants are ISIS they're raping and stoning everyone they get their hands on" isn't part of any intelligent discussion.

The simple answer is yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Of 50+ Muslim majority countries there are 5 where homosexuality is punishable by death. That's five too many, but your claim that in many it is punishable by death is untrue.

And illegal in most of the rest, life imprisonment in some. I'm counting about ten countries where homosexuality is punishable by death. Except for Uganda it seems a Muslim thing (in some cases the law applies to Muslims only - if sharia law runs parallel).

Compare that with gay marriage. It's legit enough to point out that Islam as it now is practiced is incompatible with liberality.

The Jerusalem post is a propoganda paper for sure but unless you are arguing this is a total fabrication it's a legit topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

That's just nice text. It doesn't present the legality of the status of refugees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Not according to the UNHCR:
    Refugees and migrants, even if they often travel in the same way, are fundamentally different, and for that reason are treated very differently under modern international law.

Migrants, especially economic migrants, choose to move in order to improve the future prospects of themselves and their families. Refugees have to move if they are to save their lives or preserve their freedom. 

Not really. Please explain to me why these "refugees" had to "flee" through so many safe countries under duress or fear for their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Simple fact is the following, should anyone enter a country and fail to accept the law of that country, commit crimes, fail to intergrate or accpet the culture of that country then they should be deported back to the place they have come from. Doesnt matter if you are catholic, hindi..or Muslim.

Living in Germany and having a German wife who teaches 30 kids (28 of which are refugees) every day at primary school level in a socailly deprived area I have heard and seen enough. From parents who have no cash for food/shoes for their kids, but have an Iphone, Ipad...top of the range watch......cars etc.. If you ask them why they have no cash for education/food/clothing they laugh at you and tell you Merkel will pay. They also stand in line on a Friday afternoon taking free food from social groups which others could need with the attitude....its more money to send home.

They are crossing half of Europe to get here, funnily very few are going to Saudi etc. where religion and culture would be closer to what they know, in the belief that cash benifits, houses and cars are waiting for them. The bigger problem is however that most of those arriving are not from countries at war or in conflict. They are mostly economic/criminal refugees, with little or no education, no desire to work......willing to commit crimes to send money home from the wonderful Germany.

Of course this does not apply to all...but to the large percentage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Guys, stoning transgender people is part of their rich culture and history.

We must respect that.

Mod: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

Nobody should accept a homophobic / transphobic hate crime regardless of who commits it.

In Germany, that shouldn't be up for discussion at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Simple fact is the following, should anyone enter a country and fail to accept the law of that country, commit crimes, fail to intergrate or accpet the culture of that country then they should be deported back to the place they have come from. Doesnt matter if you are catholic, hindi..or Muslim.

Living in Germany and having a German wife who teaches 30 kids (28 of which are refugees) every day at primary school level in a socailly deprived area I have heard and seen enough. From parents who have no cash for food/shoes for their kids, but have an Iphone, Ipad...top of the range watch......cars etc.. If you ask them why they have no cash for education/food/clothing they laugh at you and tell you Merkel will pay. They also stand in line on a Friday afternoon taking free food from social groups which others could need with the attitude....its more money to send home.

They are crossing half of Europe to get here, funnily very few are going to Saudi etc. where religion and culture would be closer to what they know, in the belief that cash benifits, houses and cars are waiting for them. The bigger problem is however that most of those arriving are not from countries at war or in conflict. They are mostly economic/criminal refugees, with little or no education, no desire to work......willing to commit crimes to send money home from the wonderful Germany.

Of course this does not apply to all...but to the large percentage.

It's amazing how stereotypes stay the same though the target changes.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Guys, stoning transgender people is part of their rich culture and history.

We must respect that.

And what happens to those who sexually harrass women, rape, steal or commit crimes???

Is that also part of their culture that we should respect.

How would they react if the Germans started stoning, beheading, whipping, cutting of fingers hands in public for crimes carried out by Muslims to treat them like they want to live??
    What do they get for drug dealing in Saudi???

Nodin wrote: »
    It's amazing how stereotypes stay the same though the target changes.

Even funnier is that from the 40-45 men arrested in connection with the sexual harrassment and intimidation of young western ladies in Cologne on New Years Eve are over 70% young men with refugee status, living off the German state handouts. 100% of those arrested admitted to being Muslims....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

And what happens to those who sexually harrass women, rape, steal or commit crimes???

Is that also part of their culture that we should respect.

How would they react if the Germans started stoning, beheading, whipping, cutting of fingers hands in public for crimes carried out by Muslims to treat them like they want to live??
    What do they get for drug dealing in Saudi???

We simply must accept their culture. It is the European way.

Even funnier is that from the 40-45 men arrested in connection with the sexual harrassment and intimidation of young western ladies in Cologne on New Years Eve are over 70% young men with refugee status, living off the German state handouts. 100% of those arrested admitted to being Muslims....

They did, did they? That's their goose cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

The simple answer is yes

Care to share some of these articles ?

Something tells me your claim the Jerusalem Post isn't concerned about Muslims in that article but rather concerned about the welfare of the every day German homosexuals and transgender people enough to post news of every day attacks is non too factual.

But you seem to have have articles from the Jerusalem Post on just that very subject. So please do share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Canadel wrote: »
    That kind of behaviour belongs in the stone age.

The stoning or men thinking that they're women?

Nodin wrote: »
    They did, did they? That's their goose cooked.

Doubt it very much, judge let 2 of them walk already......

Cops are coming out now admitting they have orders from above not to arrest them, keep the statistics down and keep the media away from it. If its not in the papers its not a problem.
    Another perfect example of Merkels modern day politics...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

What's scary imo, is that people like you actually think we should just brush this under the carpet.

Surely Gays, women should be able to walk or do what they like

Sensationalist my arse

What's scary to me (I relaise this is starting to go in circles) is you and 22catch, 511, aligator_am, Armchair Andy, BigJackC, bluewolf, Cessna_Pilot, citrus burst, Corpus Twisty, Crimsonforce, Dick phelan, edgecutter, fedor.2., HalloweenJack, hmmm, Irish_rat, jmayo, jsa112, kupus, lightspeed, Lone Stone, MRnotlob606, No Opinion, pablomakaveli, Pac1Man, patsfan1286, Penny Tration, rainbow kirby, RDM_83 again, Sierra 117, Simi, speedboatchase, steve_r, sugarman, super_furry, TaosHum, Todd Toddington III, Twiki, VickieVexed1, wendell borton, Wibbs, Wiggles88 and probably other by the time I click post, don't understand the nuance of what BreadnBuddha was actually saying...

These attacks go on every day, perpetrated by all sorts of people. The sensationalist part is the anti-immigration agenda being put forward in many cases.

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with, but if we could all engage our brains in relation to potential media manipulation, that'd be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

That link is general commentary in refugees and not specific to the point raised. Maybe I got the wrong link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with,

And how would you do that without being labelled a Racist, bigot or xenophobe ?

Doubt it very much, judge let 2 of them walk already......

Cops are coming out now admitting they have orders from above not to arrest them, keep the statistics down and keep the media away from it. If its not in the papers its not a problem.
    Another perfect example of Merkels modern day politics...

And do we have a source for that claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Fleawuss wrote: »

That link is general commentary in refugees and not specific to the point raised. Maybe I got the wrong link?

Someone- I don't know if it was you- claimed most of these people were economic migrants because they passed through other countries. I posted that link to show that according to the UNHCR, defining someone's status as a refugee depends on the country they left, not the country they went to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

What's scary to me (I relaise this is starting to go in circles) is you and 22catch, 511, aligator_am, Armchair Andy, BigJackC, bluewolf, Cessna_Pilot, citrus burst, Corpus Twisty, Crimsonforce, Dick phelan, edgecutter, fedor.2., HalloweenJack, hmmm, Irish_rat, jmayo, jsa112, kupus, lightspeed, Lone Stone, MRnotlob606, No Opinion, pablomakaveli, Pac1Man, patsfan1286, Penny Tration, rainbow kirby, RDM_83 again, Sierra 117, Simi, speedboatchase, steve_r, sugarman, super_furry, TaosHum, Todd Toddington III, Twiki, VickieVexed1, wendell borton, Wibbs, Wiggles88 and probably other by the time I click post, don't understand the nuance of what BreadnBuddha was actually saying...

These attacks go on every day, perpetrated by all sorts of people. The sensationalist part is the anti-immigration agenda being put forward in many cases.

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with, but if we could all engage our brains in relation to potential media manipulation, that'd be great!

See, I have a better idea. We stop importing people with vastly different and largely incompatible belief systems than our own and stop the 'massive issues' from arising in the first place. Every country has its own share of rapes, murders and bigotry but why add to them by allowing mass immigration from Arab regions where homophobia, bigotry and misogyny are woven into the very fabric of their society and enshrined in the batshít crazy text that is the koran?

weisses wrote: »

By not being a racist, bigot or xenophobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

media manipulation
    The "right wingers" are in the ha'penny place on that particular front where this crisis is concerned.

weisses wrote: »

Carefully.

• Advertisement

Can I just say didn't realise that post was 3 pages back and that this had got to 150+ posts. Sorry for raking over old ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement