Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Saipanne wrote: »
    No one is suggesting that you have any bias. You are the only human that has none. We all know that.

Again I'll ask what exactly am I supposed to be biased towards here ? What do you think my agenda is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Again I'll ask what exactly am I supposed to be biased towards here ? What do you think my agenda is ?

You have no bias. It's ludicrous to even think it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Links234 wrote: »
    It's funny, I've had to stop posting in After Hours altogether because of the general hostility towards transgender people. There used to be quite a few regular posters here who were trans, but they'd mostly been driven off boards because of animosity shown towards them, closed accounts and users who haven't posted in a long time. I've seen threads where an article about transgender women were attacked was met with people saying how the victims probably deserved it. Any time a thread about anything trans related pops up on After Hours, it's filled with hatred and antipathy, the usual crowd descend to let trans people know just what they think of them; mentally ill, degenerate freaks. There'll be insults, slurs and 'jokes' and everyone'll backslap each other over it, we'll have the usual "But what if someone identified as the anthropomorphic personification of a slippery slope argument?"

And now After Hours cares? Well isn't that just darling!

You didn't care that in the US, murders of trans people have reached an all-time high since they started tracking murders?

Or that transgender Americans are 4 times as likely to live in poverty?

You didn't care that 41% of transgender people have attempted suicide at least once in their lifetime?

You didn't care about Jennifer Laude when she was murdered by a US marine?

You didn't care about Vikki Thompson who was found dead after she was sent to an all-male prison in the UK?

You didn't care about Sabi Beriani when she was stabbed to death and her body burned, but her killer Levan Kochlashvili was acquitted of her murder?

You didn't care when Yoshi Tsuchida's body was found wrapped in a blanket in his Tokyo apartment with his face cut off?

You didn't care when Leelah Alcorn took her own life after being subjected to "conversion therapy" by her family?

You didn't care when a pipe bomb was thrown through Rachael Keys' window in Derry just last November?

You don't care that attacks on transgender people happen right here in Ireland all the time, yet there's no outcry, no concern. I've had people throw things at me from passing cars, there's been times I've felt so anxious I decided not to leave the house. Trans people the world over face rampant discrimination, hatred, shockingly high rates of sexual assault and rape, struggle to find work, even friends, are disproportionately homeless. Transgender activists are screaming and shouting about these issues, but the only time After Hours wants to listen is when someone complains about a cisgender actor being cast as a transgender person, and then After Hours wants to comment, "Hahaha, crazies trannies eh? So easily offended, they'll complain about nothing lol!"

So what's happened? Why do you suddenly care? Oh right, Muslims. Congrats After Hours, we've finally found a group you hate more than trans people. Bravo.

Pretty sure just like the sudden concern for homelessness, this too shall pass, and you'll be right back to calling trans people mentally ill degenerates, posting the next article from some hack journalist like Richard Littlejohn or that odious Trump-humper Milo, and you'll be giving them all the praise you can for "telling it like it is!", or otherwise mocking and making fun of us, regurgitating those idiotic attack helicopter memes. Meanwhile trans people are still going to face discrimination, murder, high rates of sexual assault, suicide and homelessness, and I doubt you'll care if there's not a Muslim in sight to blame. Opportunistic vultures.

Don't expect a reply if you respond to this comment, I really have had enough of this cesspit.

Edit: And I'd like to entend an apology to the mods, I know you try your best, and this isn't a dig at you.

I don't blame you or any other trans person who stays away from AH, but I just wanted you to know that some of us do care.

There don't seem to be enough of us who care to totally drown out the horrible comments from people, but please know that some of us DO care and want you and any other trans person to be happy and not be one of those awful statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Anyone who opposes the influx of millions of people from lands where women are cattle and homosexuality is punishable by a cruel death
    Even the influx of those women and those homosexuals? It's protection of vulnerable people whom the pro immigration people are advocating.

Also why do people keep throwing out the "shur rape is their culture, respect it" strawman as if a significant number actually think and say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Right so you have no actual point, have nothing to suggest I'm showing any bias. But rather than make a point, attempt to discuss anything you're just going to repeat posting this inane drivel about bias ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It's funny, I've had to stop posting in After Hours altogether because of the general hostility towards transgender people. There used to be quite a few regular posters here who were trans, but they'd mostly been driven off boards because of animosity shown towards them, closed accounts and users who haven't posted in a long time. I've seen threads where an article about transgender women were attacked was met with people saying how the victims probably deserved it. Any time a thread about anything trans related pops up on After Hours, it's filled with hatred and antipathy, the usual crowd descend to let trans people know just what they think of them; mentally ill, degenerate freaks. There'll be insults, slurs and 'jokes' and everyone'll backslap each other over it, we'll have the usual "But what if someone identified as the anthropomorphic personification of a slippery slope argument?"

You didn't care that in the US, murders of trans people have reached an all-time high since they started tracking murders?

You didn't care that 41% of transgender people have attempted suicide at least once in their lifetime?

You didn't care about Vikki Thompson who was found dead after she was sent to an all-male prison in the UK?

You didn't care about Sabi Beriani when she was stabbed to death and her body burned, but her killer Levan Kochlashvili was acquitted of her murder?

You didn't care when Yoshi Tsuchida's body was found wrapped in a blanket in his Tokyo apartment with his face cut off?

You didn't care when Leelah Alcorn took her own life after being subjected to "conversion therapy" by her family?

You didn't care when a pipe bomb was thrown through Rachael Keys' window in Derry just last November?

You don't care that attacks on transgender people happen right here in Ireland all the time, yet there's no outcry, no concern. I've had people throw things at me from passing cars, there's been times I've felt so anxious I decided not to leave the house. Trans people the world over face rampant discrimination, hatred, shockingly high rates of sexual assault and rape, struggle to find work, even friends, are disproportionately homeless. Transgender activists are screaming and shouting about these issues, but the only time After Hours wants to listen is when someone complains about a cisgender actor being cast as a transgender person, and then After Hours wants to comment, "Hahaha, crazies trannies eh? So easily offended, they'll complain about nothing lol!"

So what's happened? Why do you suddenly care? Oh right, Muslims. Congrats After Hours, we've finally found a group you hate more than trans people. Bravo.

Pretty sure just like the sudden concern for homelessness, this too shall pass, and you'll be right back to calling trans people mentally ill degenerates, posting the next article from some hack journalist like Richard Littlejohn or that odious Trump-humper Milo, and you'll be giving them all the praise you can for "telling it like it is!", or otherwise mocking and making fun of us, regurgitating those idiotic attack helicopter memes. Meanwhile trans people are still going to face discrimination, murder, high rates of sexual assault, suicide and homelessness, and I doubt you'll care if there's not a Muslim in sight to blame. Opportunistic vultures.

Don't expect a reply if you respond to this comment, I really have had enough of this cesspit.

Edit: And I'd like to entend an apology to the mods, I know you try your best, and this isn't a dig at you.

Boards has become a disgusting place where mysoginistic sexist xenophobic comments are allowed through bs logic

The usual suspect posters can post sweeping derogatory statements about minority groups- clouded with a concern to others

It's like a Kombat18 board in here sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Right so you have no actual point, have nothing to suggest I'm showing any bias. But rather than make a point, attempt to discuss anything you're just going to repeat posting this inane drivel about bias ?

There's no point in arguing with posters like that. They'll just disregard any points you make and shout over you. I often imagine they're the kind of people that read the Daily Mail religiously and consider it the height of sophistication.

Made the same point myself earlier - last year people against immigration online nearly always seemed to be opposed to same sex marriage and transgender people. Interesting. Also people with rather misogynistic leanings being concerned about treatment of women in Muslim societies.

I think, to be fair, be a bit more specific than "AH" - you should know plenty in AH also support you too.

Why not answer their question and tell them *what* you think their bias is though, rather than just ducking it by saying everyone has biases. That doesn't answer what they asked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't blame you or any other trans person who stays away from AH, but I just wanted you to know that some of us do care.

There don't seem to be enough of us who care to totally drown out the horrible comments from people, but please know that some of us DO care and want you and any other trans person to be happy and not be one of those awful statistics.

Well said. Unfortunately, this topic attracts some of the worst people like a moth to a flame.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Oh and the gheys are OK as long as it's not femme...

And ghey and drama queen are perfectly acceptable slurs on boards and Feminazi

I'm in Cologne atm at was at an anti racism anti sexism rally in Cologne yesterday- talked with a few of the Muslims there showing their outrage at the NYE attacks.

It's like blaming all the Irish for the acts of Irish criminals and terrorists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

And no one here cares about what happened in Deir Ezzor yesterday.

How many public figures or in fact anybody who where out in droves after the Paris attacks show up today condemning this ??? .... Also a bunch of Opportunistic vultures then ?!

Oh yeah the concern about "our" homelessness in the summer was hilarious too - I'm willing to bet those so concerned did exactly zero to help homeless people.

weisses wrote: »
    And no one here cares about what happened in Deir Ezzor yesterday.

How many public figures or in fact anybody who where out in droves after the Paris attacks show up today condemning this ??? .... Also a bunch of Opportunistic vultures then ?!
    People care so little about Deir Ezzor that they are opposed to people fleeing it being granted asylum in Europe, you could say.

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    Oh and the gheys are OK as long as it's not femme...

And ghey and drama queen are perfectly acceptable slurs on boards and Feminazi

I don't see the issue with using drama queen or feminazi as an insult, what's so objectionable about either?

The origin of the term drama queen is up for debate but its most likely origin in the 60s/70s to describe the lead female role in a TV drama. It's now more likely to be used to describe somebody who is overly dramatic and attention seeking. I don't get your perceived alight

As for feminazi, it accurately describes a particular hard-line feminist stance that perceives inequality from the slightest male action.

Also, what has any of this got to do with this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭SeanW

Brush it under the carpet? Would you ever cop on to yourself? I suggest no such thing.

The report is all about the heinous attack, stoning by north african youths, followed by references to Iran and other muslim states treatment of LGBT people etc.

All reported by an Israeli news outlet.

The whole intent of that article and the OP in posting here in the first place is to have another go at Muslims in general, to spread fear about Islam.

If it was about the plight of the victims, the Jewish press would have focused on attacks on LGBT people generally. The victims merely provided an opportunity to cast all muslims from the region in a bad light.

Get all uppity if you want. You're missing the point.
    :confused::confused: :eek: :eek: What is this, 1933? The last time I read such blantant demonisation of "the Jewish press" was when I read (out of morbid curiousity only) the first few pages of Mein Kampf.
    So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?
    Yes, I'm sure Germans with names like Susan Muller and Peter Schmidt in Dortmund are stoning LGBT people all the time. And I'm sure you will be able to prvide evidence of this.

Only that might be difficult ... from the article:
    In 2016, in Germany, with stoning!
    Yasmine said it was the first time in 30 years she felt unsafe as a transgender woman.
    I don't believe for a second that the right-wingers whooping and hollering about all this would care if any members of the LGBT community were assaulted or killed by their own. After all, they're just as like to hate us as the people they bang on about but this is a convenient angle to take a shot at immigrants with.
    I personally have been called every name in the book by leftists, yet, I voted for gay marriage last year and would object as strongly as I could to any hate based violence towards LGBT people no matter who was the perpetrator.
    How many threads on transgender people on AH devolve into the usual ****-flinging? And now you're all out in support. What a load of BS.

As opposed to right-wingers who hate both! :pac:
    Depends on how you define "right-wingers." If you're talking about sub-human cretins like Combat 18, the BNP, then yes, they probably do. But I suspect your definition of "right-wingers" includes people who anyone who does not agree with multiculturalism and mass immigration, which is a much broader group.
    Many people who lean to the right, politically and socially, seem to find it easy to ignore the treatment of LGBT and women in Ireland not even 50 years ago in Catholic Ireland. All of a sudden, we're good enough to point the finger at Muslims and suggest that we're 'better' at being decent human beings.
    Yes, we learned to be decent human beings when we left many of the trappings of "Catholic Ireland" behind. Though I don't think we ever that big on the aul stoning. While the Christian world (US, Europe etc) has been moving towards the left, the Islamic world and many of its peoples are surging towards the Islamic right. Like the people now spilling into Europe by the million.
    It's all a load of crap. People do horrible things to each other and they don't need religion to provide a catalyst.
    Perhaps, but it helps if your sacred holy book, prevailing culture in your homeland, or both justifies it.
    Except nobody here is actually concerned about LGBT rights.
    That's a lie.

I'm in Cologne atm at was at an anti racism anti sexism rally in Cologne yesterday- talked with a few of the Muslims there showing their outrage at the NYE attacks.

Ahh bummer You should have asked them how they feel about the fact Pakistani Officials have been forced to withdraw a law banning child marriages after Sharia enforcers declared it “un-Islamic” and “blasphemous”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

All this will become daily occurrences in Europe before long.

Whosthis wrote: »
    I don't see the issue with using drama queen or feminazi as an insult, what's so objectionable about either?

The origin of the term drama queen is up for debate but its most likely origin in the 60s/70s to describe the lead female role in a TV drama. It's now more likely to be used to describe somebody who is overly dramatic and attention seeking. I don't get your perceived alight

As for feminazi, it accurately describes a particular hard-line feminist stance that perceives inequality from the slightest male action.

They were referring to the sudden concern for gay people and trans people here from people who would normally not be that way inclined.

You're having a laugh if you think Feminazi is only used about hardline feminists. I've seen it thrown plenty of times at women for simply defending themselves from anti women bile.

Drama Queen is fine when applicable but it often just gets used to shut down people with an opposing view.

• Advertisement

Azalea wrote: »
    People care so little about Deir Ezzor that they are opposed to people fleeing it being granted asylum in Europe, you could say.

No real need for Asylum with your throat slit ..You could say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I agree that these actions don't represent the actions of the majority, but at the same time Islam is like a well where malcontents go to draw on crack pot ideas and legitimise their intolerance of western ideals with brutal actions.
    Letting in millions of people who cant possibly fit into society, shortage of housing, jobs etc. never mind cultural differences, is only go to result to lead to serious trouble, something akin to the ghettoised sectarian violence in the north, but on a Europe wide scale.

Drama Queen is a Gay slur - employment law backs me up on that

The Term Feminazi is thrown around far too loosely - Its very derogatory

I agree that these actions don't represent the actions of the majority, but at the same time Islam is like a well where malcontents go to draw on crack pot ideas and legitimise their intolerance of western ideals with brutal actions.
    Letting in millions of people who cant possibly fit into society, shortage of housing, jobs etc. never mind cultural differences, is only go to result to lead to serious trouble, something akin to the ghettoised sectarian violence in the north, but on a Europe wide scale.

Plenty of Westerners use Christian ideology to promote their Hate too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

You can see the barometer of European sentiment swinging to the right already.

What's considered left and right will always be redefined. A swing to the right won't undo things like gay marriage in the future, as the populations who support it age, and pass on those views to their kids it becomes normalized by society.

Issues like religion, culture and immigration will remain divisive for the time being. Immigration fears are certainly overplayed but denying there will be any problems at all simply to avoid conceding ground to the the far right is not working out. What's strange is that Merkel is (centre) right wing yet the right have managed to play this out as "the Left's" fault (??).

I understand that Neo-Nazi's are a huge problem in parts of Europe and reprisal attacks are a huge concern. But basic human psychology/sociology would be enough to show that people who are at high risk of unemployment and ghettoization are morel likely to engage in crime and anti-social behaviour -- regardless of race or religion.

Just because some will fixate on the race part, doesn't mean we can't be concerned for rational reasons. The governments of Europe need to explain what plans they have for preventing this problem. People will be more supportive if the governments seemed more proactive rather than reactive.

I know some people working with Syrian refugees here in Ireland. They seem like nice people, good sense of humour despite everything but they've been placed into areas that already have very high unemployment and a lack of ammenities. This may seriously limit their kids futures.

Drama Queen is a Gay slur - employment law backs me up on that

The Term Feminazi is thrown around far too loosely - Its very derogatory

Drama Queen is not a gay slur, I don't care what employment law says.

The term feminazi probably is used too loosely however sometimes its also quite appropriate. I don't see it as derogatory when used in the correct context.

Ahh bummer You should have asked them how they feel about the fact Pakistani Officials have been forced to withdraw a law banning child marriages after Sharia enforcers declared it “un-Islamic” and “blasphemous”.

In Germany???

Drama Queen is not a gay slur, I don't care what employment law says.

The term feminazi probably is used too loosely however sometimes its also quite appropriate. I don't see it as derogatory when used in the correct context.

Do you decide???

Boards ruled see to be governed by the laws of "Lad Banter" of late

Do you decide???

Boards ruled see to be governed by the laws of "Lad Banter" of late

Do you decide?
    Works both ways really.
    Can you link me to the employment law that considers drama queen a gay slur?

Do you decide?
    Works both ways really.

http://www.peninsulagrouplimited.com/ie/beware-internal-communication-aggressive-emailsconversation-lead-unfair-dismissal-claim-2/

• Advertisement

Do you decide?
    Works both ways really.

I explained my reasoning

In Germany???

Sure ...Anywhere

How can they be outraged by what happened NYE when their religion/ideology has no issues with what we in western society would call child molestation/rape

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

It's like blaming all the Irish for the acts of Irish criminals and terrorists

A unionist can quite safely walk around most Irish cities/towns.

Try walking around an islamic country as an unaccompanied woman not dressed in a bin bag, let alone the same for a gay couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Boards has become a disgusting place where mysoginistic sexist xenophobic comments are allowed through bs logic

The usual suspect posters can post sweeping derogatory statements about minority groups- clouded with a concern to others

Like Kombat18?? Really...Ya I think you might be exaggerating just a small bit.

The thing is I don't agree with a lot of posters here and I'd safely say others feel the same, the differance is open and free debate is allowed in the western world however the fantasy liberals along with Islamic extremists would love for that to disappear. Nice little bed fellows both of them.

Sure ...Anywhere

How can they be outraged when their religion/ideology has no issues with what we in western society would call child molestation/rape

It's OK when they are blanketed accused of disgusting sexal attacks???

Italy and Spain the age if concent is 14 AFAIK so the laws aren't consistent across "western Europe"

Like Kombat18?? Really...Ya I think you might be exaggerating just a small bit.

The thing is I don't agree with a lot of posters here and I'd safely say others feel the same, the differance is open and free debate is allowed in the western world however the fantasy liberals along with Islamic extremists would love for that to disappear. Nice little bed fellows both of them.

Open and free debate is not allowed- that's a myth- even boards have rules - things that are not allowed

PC Lackey wrote: »
    A unionist can quite safely walk around most Irish cities/towns.

Try walking around an islamic country as an unaccompanied woman not dressed in a bin bag, let alone the same for a gay couple.

Walking around Dublin as a Gay couple ain't no cake walk either - naive if you think it is.

No one wears a bin bag

Have you even read the article? There's nothing in it to suggest that drama queen is a homophobic slur. Drama queen was used in an email to insult a female employee returning from maternity leave, it was deemed to be aggressive, no mention of homophobia.

Have you even read the article? There's nothing in it to suggest that drama queen is a homophobic slur. Drama queen was used in an email to insult a female employee returning from maternity leave, it was deemed to be aggressive, no mention of homophobia.

It's not allowed in employment law- there is a case of a flight attendant being called drama queen and it was construed as a Gay slur - I wouldn't use it in the workplace

• Advertisement

It's OK when they are blanketed accused of disgusting sexal attacks???

Italy and Spain the age if concent is 14 AFAIK so the laws are consistent a cross "western Europe"

Consent is a totally different subject

Ever tried to marry a 14 year old girl in Spain lately ?

Consent is a totally different subject

Ever tried to marry a 14 year old girl in Spain lately ?

It's not on my to do list - however legal in Ireland with parents concent at 16...

It's not allowed in employment law- there is a case of a flight attendant being called drama queen and it was construed as a Gay slur - I wouldn't use it in the workplace

Can you link me to the law that states this.

Can you link me to the flight attendant case.

I wouldn't use it in the workplace either.

Can you link me to the law that states this.

Can you link me to the flight attendant case.

I wouldn't use it in the workplace either.

So not OK in work, OK on boards- I'll come back.on the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Nothing in that link indicates the term 'drama queen' was considered a gay slur.
    The employee stated that when she approached the General Manager to seek a way that they could work together on a proper level that the General Manager responded that his could never happen as the employee was “a f***ing drama queen”.

The General Manager admitted to the EAT that she had sent emails to the employee when in a frustrated state and that “some of the language used was inappropriate”.
    http://www.peninsulagrouplimited.com/ie/beware-internal-communication-aggressive-emailsconversation-lead-unfair-dismissal-claim-2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Speaking of 18, is that your age? A lot of your posts sound like the kind of thing a teenager would say.

• Advertisement

22catch wrote: »
    Speaking of 18, is that your age? A lot of your posts sound like the kind of thing a teenager would say.

Are you asking for yourself?

So not OK in work, OK on boards- I'll come back.on the other one

I don't see how any insult is acceptable in the workplace.

You still haven't provided any form of proof to your claim that drama queen is a homophobic slur.

The only reason I'm pursuing this is that I believe its just another case of somebody seeking offence where none exists. I've provided you with an explanation of the origins of the term, its completely innocuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Are you asking for yourself?

I try not to argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you through experience. Not that I'd call you Stupid, just naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And then they're those trying protect Women, Gays from more attacks, and making people aware of lack of respect, certain elements will have.

Of all countries Jews are trying protect I doubt it be Germany for a reason or 6 million, sadly.

So fair play to this paper

Nice Godwin.

If you can't see the Jerusalem post might be a biased source, fine.

Go back to trusting videos on facebook or wherever or alternative media as telling the truth.

I'll try and be consistent in my skepticism.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I don't see how any insult is acceptable in the workplace.

You still haven't provided any form of proof to your claim that drama queen is a homophobic slur.

The only reason I'm pursuing this is that I believe its just another case of somebody seeking offence where none exists. I've provided you with an explanation of the origins of the term, its completely innocuous.

You agree it's a insult.., but then it's innocuous

I will locate the other but we do agree it's a insulting term

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement