Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was talking to someone recently who said that when in their local supermarket they’d met their neighbour who had tested positive. He was happily walking out and about. Honestly, I think if it were me I’d report them at this stage. That sort of mentality is really not helping us to get out of this sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I wasnt going to post up today, I was going to hide under the duvet (with cake) until feb.. however for accountability reasons and to try get out of a rut I'll persevere..

Wk 1: -1lb
    Wk 2: -2.5lb
    Wk 3: 0
    Wk 4: +3lbs

With multiple takeaways, OHs birthday, and eating greek food (A LOT of olive oil) I knew the scales would be laughing at me.. I did make the most amazing chocolate 3 layer birthday cake which has 16 servings... theres only 3 of us that eat cake. Each slice over 700kcals according to the recipe.. it was good and I'll be having another slice shortly with a coffee..
    Walking went to crap too...
    It's amazing how crap food really alters the mood in the long run.. tastes good at the time but with every bite it eats these motivation..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I wasnt going to post up today, I was going to hide under the duvet (with cake) until feb.. however for accountability reasons and to try get out of a rut I'll persevere..

With multiple takeaways, OHs birthday, and eating greek food (A LOT of olive oil) I knew the scales would be laughing at me.. I did make the most amazing chocolate 3 layer birthday cake which has 16 servings... theres only 3 of us that eat cake. Each slice over 700kcals according to the recipe.. it was good and I'll be having another slice shortly with a coffee..
    It's amazing how crap food really alters the mood in the long run.. tastes good at the time but with every bite it eats these motivation..

Still down for the year, how bad. Every day is an opportunity to start anew

• Registered Users Posts: 30,353 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Had an accident during the week which resulted in a trip to A&E and has banged me up pretty good so watching what I eat is out the window. I deserve my tea and chocolate for I am in the world of hurt right now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, shelly- you poor thing! Hope you will be on the mend soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Get well soon Shelly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry to hear that Shelly, take care of yourself.

All the best Shelly, rest up

L'prof wrote: »
    Still down for the year, how bad. Every day is an opportunity to start anew

True thanks! I know once I do one good day it will put me back on track.. here's hoping for a full night's sleep!

Hope you have a speedy recovery Shelly!

• Advertisement

Had an accident during the week which resulted in a trip to A&E and has banged me up pretty good so watching what I eat is out the window. I deserve my tea and chocolate for I am in the world of hurt right now.

Hope you're better soon, you deserve all the treats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Rest up and look after yourself. Enjoy the tea and chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Plenty of rest and chocolate for you Shelly :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mutleyboo wrote: »

My weight in is Saturday and I can pretty much guarantee I can beat that plus 3. It’s been one of those weeks but fair play you’ve given me the motivation to face it and track it so thank you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Speedy recovery Shelly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Get well soon Shelly. It’s a nerve wrecking wait for the text to come back.

So I started upping my exercise this week. Only managed a twenty minute walk this evening though but sure it was better than sitting on the couch. I’ll try again earlier tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Get well soon Shelly.

Was shocked to be down 4lb this week as I didn’t walk much. So have reached my 3 stone award. Total loss for Jan is 10.5lb, loss overall is 3st 3lb

kitten_k wrote: »
    Get well soon Shelly.

Was shocked to be down 4lb this week as I didn’t walk much. So have reached my 3 stone award. Total loss for Jan is 10.5lb, loss overall is 3st 3lb

Well done! That's an amazing achievement kitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Get well soon Shelly.

Well done KK, that is a great achievement.

Get well soon Shelly.

Fair play, those are brilliant results :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

January Recap.
    Week 1: Maintain
    Week 2: Maintain
    Week 3: -2lb
    Week 4: -1lb

My target weight loss is only 2 pounds away but my actually goal is 6 pounds away.I need to get my act together but proper motivation isn't coming too easy these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

Get well soon Shelly.

Well done on that achievement!!

What have you been doing to achieve those results and how long did it take to loose the 3st?

phildub wrote: »
    Well done on that achievement!!

What have you been doing to achieve those results and how long did it take to loose the 3st?

It has taken a full year. I joined SlimmingWorld on 18th Jan last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

It has taken a full year. I joined SlimmingWorld on 18th Jan last year.

Is that still going on during lockdown or are you able to keep it up because you have the rules/recipes etc?

phildub wrote: »
    Is that still going on during lockdown or are you able to keep it up because you have the rules/recipes etc?

It is still on but virtually. So you weigh yourself and send it to your leader and then there is a zoom call once a week.

My weigh in tomorrow is not gonna be pretty, know I'm up on last week and had apache pizza and beers this evening...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Week 1 = +5 lbs
    Week 2 = -2 lbs
    Week 3 = +1.5 lbs

So more or less back to where I was 2 weeks ago though expected that, and worse if I'm honest, so not that surprised.

DvB wrote: »
    Week 1 = +5 lbs
    Week 2 = -2 lbs
    Week 3 = +1.5 lbs

So more or less back to where I was 2 weeks ago though expected that, and worse if I'm honest, so not that surprised.

Not bad at all. I love weeks like that. You feel like the scales aren’t really gonna punish you. Almost feels like a loss then :p

Week 1 -1.5lb
    Week 2 -0.5lb
    Week 3 +0.5lb

The only reason why I’m not up more is I’m stepping away every day. Food is horrendous tho haha

• Advertisement

Just made crispy chilli beef, was lovely

Advertisement