Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just made crispy chilli beef, was lovely

Oh wow that looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh wow that looks amazing!

Easy enough to make:

https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/crispy-chilli-beef/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a mess of a weekend. Two takeaways and loads of chocolate. On the plus side only three glasses of red. I did get back in the gym and was horrified that my warm up weight is now near my max. I still can't run due to the broken toe.

Tomorrow is 01 Feb and I said I would get my act in gear. I am not going as animal as last September for a couple of reasons:
    1. It's tough
    2. Im not starting from such a bad place (weigh in tomorrow may change that view)
    3. I like having a glass of wine with the Mrs and a few pints when needed with clients and work colleagues.

So I will weigh in tomorrow and start from there.

Recap
    01 Sept 2020 - 95kg
    12 Dec 2020 - 77kg (was at 1,200 cals for a good few weeks)
    Early/mid Jan 2021 - 82kg

Plan
    3 days a week in the gym, solely anaerobic exercise, planning on three mornings up at 5am just like Sept to Dec.
    Cardio 3 days a week, running when the toe is better, assault bike until then.
    Calorie deficit but not nearly as regimented. So no weighing food unless I am not seeing results.

Food
    Breakfast: Two scoops of protein with limited berries
    Lunch: Salad/Broccoli/ asparagus and lean protein, very small amount of brown rice if I need it.
    Dinner: Salad/Broccoli/ asparagus/walnuts and lean protein
    Snacks: Zero
    Loads of coffee
    End of the week will be a triple burger with cheese in a lettuce wrap x 2 (I did this throughout my 95kg to 77kg weight loss)

Hurdles
    I have lovely risotto in the fridge for later in the week that I will not waste, but when that's gone the carbs will be almost gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jude13 wrote: »
    Had a mess of a weekend. Two takeaways and loads of chocolate. On the plus side only three glasses of red. I did get back in the gym and was horrified that my warm up weight is now near my max. I still can't run due to the broken toe.

Tomorrow is 01 Feb and I said I would get my act in gear. I am not going as animal as last September for a couple of reasons:
    1. It's tough
    2. Im not starting from such a bad place (weigh in tomorrow may change that view)
    3. I like having a glass of wine with the Mrs and a few pints when needed with clients and work colleagues.

So I will weigh in tomorrow and start from there.

Recap
    01 Sept 2020 - 95kg
    12 Dec 2020 - 77kg (was at 1,200 cals for a good few weeks)
    Early/mid Jan 2021 - 82kg

Plan
    3 days a week in the gym, solely anaerobic exercise, planning on three mornings up at 5am just like Sept to Dec.
    Cardio 3 days a week, running when the toe is better, assault bike until then.
    Calorie deficit but not nearly as regimented. So no weighing food unless I am not seeing results.

Food
    Breakfast: Two scoops of protein with limited berries
    Lunch: Salad/Broccoli/ asparagus and lean protein, very small amount of brown rice if I need it.
    Dinner: Salad/Broccoli/ asparagus/walnuts and lean protein
    Snacks: Zero
    Loads of coffee
    End of the week will be a triple burger with cheese in a lettuce wrap x 2 (I did this throughout my 95kg to 77kg weight loss)

Hurdles
    I have lovely risotto in the fridge for later in the week that I will not waste, but when that's gone the carbs will be almost gone.

Jaysus I’m getting into a cold sweat here just reading that. I’d rather you than me. Best of luck with it, you smashed it last year

I stress that's the plan, my motivation is really not quite there yet. I will binge tonight like its the last super.

• Advertisement

I just had a bag of buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

First time posting in this. 3 weeks in and wavering a bit.

Started at 18'4. Down to 17'2. Goal is to get to 14, but taking it stone by stone.

Eating a lot of fish and salads and trying to avoid bread and treats completely.
    Using lettuce as s wrap instead of tortillas.

Just really struggling the last few days. Open the fridge, see the lettuce, cucumber, onions, carrots, radishes and my reaction is ughh.

I don't eat anything with tomato in it.
    Dinner today will be steak, onions and mushrooms (steamed and flash fried without oil) and plenty of fresh vegetables. Small portion of homemade chips cooked in the air fryer.

Tomorrow.
    Porridge for breakfast
    Soup for lunch (no bread)

I suppose writing it down and planning it out should help to keep me on track.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    First time posting in this. 3 weeks in and wavering a bit.

Started at 18'4. Down to 17'2. Goal is to get to 14, but taking it stone by stone.

Eating a lot of fish and salads and trying to avoid bread and treats completely.
    Using lettuce as s wrap instead of tortillas.

Just really struggling the last few days. Open the fridge, see the lettuce, cucumber, onions, carrots, radishes and my reaction is ughh.

I don't eat anything with tomato in it.
    Dinner today will be steak, onions and mushrooms (steamed and flash fried without oil) and plenty of fresh vegetables. Small portion of homemade chips cooked in the air fryer.

Tomorrow.
    Porridge for breakfast
    Soup for lunch (no bread)

I suppose writing it down and planning it out should help to keep me on track.

Welcome aboard. Similar plan for me tomorrow Wheetabix for breakfast and soup for lunch no bread. Don’t worry about weaning a bit that happens a lot. The fact you acknowledge it is the first step.

I’m going to get the head down and get moving with this now on Feb. No more excuses for me as I’ll excuse myself all year round and find something to use as an excuse.

I have an air fryer too I swear by those chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

What type of air fryer do posters have ? Is it worth it? I don’t like the chips in our local takeaways.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    What type of air fryer do posters have ? Is it worth it? I don’t like the chips in our local takeaways.

I’ve had two in my lifetime both are the rotator tefal ones and they’re brilliant

When my first one broken that same night I popped out and bought a new one I can’t live without them so handy. Did my roast potatoes in them today and all.

• Advertisement

Have two different ones.

Tower T17024 Digital Air Fryer
    Really good and gives a nice crisp finish.

Tefal FZ710840 Actifry 1kg Air Fryer
    Has the rotating plate.
    Much much slower to cook, but can do larger portions.

A2, I had to do the old googling for stones (stones, lbs, kgs all used here). That is some drop as a goal but doable.

You said that 'Dinner today will be steak, onions and mushrooms (steamed and flash fried without oil) and plenty of fresh vegetables. Small portion of homemade chips cooked in the air fryer.'

Have you tried myfitness pal, its free, as a tracker? The steamed/flash fired steak/onion/mushrooms without oil is hardcore, then having with chips, air fried or not. 5ml/a tea spoon of olive oil is only 60 cals whereas a 0.3 cup (which is about 3 chips) of air fried chips is 190 cals.

I did my weigh in this morning, and I am pretty annoyed at myself.
    Week 0: 84.1kg

Have you tried myfitness pal, its free, as a tracker?

Thanks for the suggestions, I am using that already. I used it a good few years ago and found that it really worked. Just to stop and think before eating seems to help.

In the airfryer I was just using the spray 1kal sunflower oil to reduce the oil used. But thanks for the suggestion to use Olive oil, I'll get some. It hadn't even occurred to me.

A sure fire sign i'm getting old, I twisted my back for the first time ever last night, to say I'm in agony today is an understatement, naturally my steps are going to suffer this week which worries me greatly for WI on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Weight Loss so far:
    Week 1: -1.4lbs
    Week 2: -3.8lbs
    Week 3: +0.6lbs
    Week 4: - 3.2lbs
    Week 5: -0.8lbs
    Week 6: -1.8lbs
    Week 7: -0.6lbs
    Week 8: - 1.2lbs

2020 Total: - 1st 1lb

Week 1: +3lbs
    Week 2: -3.2lbs
    Week 3: -0.8lbs
    Week 4: +1.5lbs
    Week 5: -7.3lbs

Starting the proper tracking here again this week, and I've not been tracking my food in my fitness pal so will try start that again too. No idea how I lost so much weight this week - I had a takeaway and several pints so I'm expecting it to be some sort of error and I'll put it all back on next week. At the moment though, I'm 0.2lbs away from the next stone bracket which I'm delighted with.

1st 8lbs lost, 1 stone to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude you and I are the same weight (not sure if that makes you feel better or not!!)

Diet was average at best over the weekend, not disastrous however not that clean either.

Weather was so bad didn't really get out for any walks or much exercise. Hoovering the house was about it!!

Loughc wrote: »
    A sure fire sign i'm getting old, I twisted my back for the first time ever last night, to say I'm in agony today is an understatement, naturally my steps are going to suffer this week which worries me greatly for WI on Saturday!

Know that feeling. All I can suggest if rest it and make sure it's 100% before you try back doing anything strenuous. I tried to rush back doing stuff and mae it worse :(
    Weight Loss so far:
    Week 1: -1.4lbs
    Week 2: -3.8lbs
    Week 3: +0.6lbs
    Week 4: - 3.2lbs
    Week 5: -0.8lbs
    Week 6: -1.8lbs
    Week 7: -0.6lbs
    Week 8: - 1.2lbs

2020 Total: - 1st 1lb

Week 1: +3lbs
    Week 2: -3.2lbs
    Week 3: -0.8lbs
    Week 4: +1.5lbs

Starting the proper tracking here again this week, and I've not been tracking my food in my fitness pal so will try start that again too. No idea how I lost so much weight this week - I had a takeaway and several pints so I'm expecting it to be some sort of error and I'll put it all back on next week. At the moment though, I'm 0.2lbs away from the next stone bracket which I'm delighted with.

1st 8lbs lost, 1 stone to go!!

That some great figures there JGF, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Weight Loss so far:

Over half a stone in a week!!! :eek: Wow! Only time i've managed that is when I've had a vomiting bug & couldn't eat! Well done.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

DvB wrote: »
    Over half a stone in a week!!! :eek: Wow! Only time i've managed that is when I've had a vomiting bug & couldn't eat! Well done.

Honest to god it was one of my worst eating weeks since Christmas. No idea how it happened - only got out walking once or twice as well. I'm sure I'll be back up 3 or 4 this week to balance it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done JGF that’s great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

I need warmer weather to make salad appealing again. I actually love salad, raw veg, but I look in the fridge at it and it's just too cold

tscul32 wrote: »
    I need warmer weather to make salad appealing again. I actually love salad, raw veg, but I look in the fridge at it and it's just too cold

My wife is the same so has been making her own soups while the weather stays cold.

I can have a salad in a wrap, but otherwise they just don't appeal to me. Anyone have any suggestions for some tasty ones? :)

I did my weigh in this morning a few days early, and I'm down. I'm quite happy as I was up at my last weigh in. I'm finding it hard this week to stay motivated, going cold turkey is so hard.

Couldn't get out for a run, or even a walk so managed 30k on the exercise bike. Just had a shower and feel all the better for it. Cup of tea and some tv after we get the kids to bed now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Day 3 since I was to begin my health kick. Day 1 I had a rake of pints, day 2 was hunger over eating but I went for a 6km and pretty much undid any healing that my toe had done since I broke it.

Not going great.

Day 3 since I was to begin my health kick. Day 1 I had a rake of pints, day 2 was hunger over eating but I went for a 6km and pretty much undid any healing that my toe had done since I broke it.

Not going great.

You'll get there Jude. You did it before so you know you can do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Week 1: +2lbs
    Week 2: -1.4lbs

Im not quite sure how I arrived at this one. I feel bloated and heavy, I’m eating crap and amn’t getting any exercise or steps in worth talking about. If it had been +2 or +3 I really wouldn’t have been surprised

Week 1: +2lbs
    Week 2: -1.4lbs
    Week 3: -1lb

My Covid test was negative. Work wouldn’t let me back until I was a couple of days without symptoms so I’m back tomorrow. Can’t wait :rolleyes: :pac:

L'prof wrote: »

My Covid test was negative.

Best news of all, good stuff!!

Not going great.

Sorry to hear that Jude, toes like backs can be fickle to heal. Unfortunately not a lot of cardio you can do with a dodgy toe.

• Advertisement

Cheers elves. Loads of tape on the toe, my stride was all wonky to make allowances for the toe which of course lead to knee and hip pain.

I am massively comfort eating due to work stress.

Hope everyone else is keeping on top of it.

Advertisement