Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am massively comfort eating due to work stress.

Ditto.

And as we all know you cant out run/cycle/walk a bad diet... its killing me. Though have been back on track with the eating since Monday, decided to write off January and consider February 1st as my get real date in terms of over indulgence.

Work stress doesn't make it easy though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    And as we all know you cant out run/cycle/walk a bad diet
    I think that's a good thing to know, at least! The amount of people who continue eating badly, but think going for a walk in the morning/jog in the evening etc will have them slim and fabulous in no time is crazy! Sadly, it's pretty much ALL about the food. :/

Posy wrote: »
    I think that's a good thing to know, at least! The amount of people who continue eating badly, but think going for a walk in the morning/jog in the evening etc will have them slim and fabulous in no time is crazy! Sadly, it's pretty much ALL about the food. :/

I agree Posy. Scary how many calories people think a stroll for an hour burns off.

Calories in Vs Calories out

It's that simple.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

It's 80/20 Diet vs Exercise. Exercise helps turn that half pound into a pound, where diet will get you the big losses, the 3+ lbs.

Calories in Vs Calories out

It's that simple.

It really is this simple, there's no magic pill, no crazy diet/fad, it's just controlling your intake versus burn rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Loughc wrote: »
    It really is this simple

Simple in theory only :( :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have started to venture out on walks again with the dog as I continue to recover from my concussion. My weight is slowly creeping up and I have been eating fairly bad with work stress too. Must try to cut out the Galaxy Ripples during the week and stop snacking between lunch and dinner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

L'prof wrote: »
    Simple in theory only :( :pac:

Oh I hear you, it's only simple if you are disiplined, I am not so far this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I lost the plot at the weekend.Two take aways and two custard slices.I should regret it but I don't really.
    I'm hoping to maintain when I weigh myself this week.I've been doing long walks,weights and I'm going to do a minimum 25 minutes of yoga each day in February.

As has been said you can't out exercise a bad diet but falling off the wagon is only a blip once you don't totally let loose.
    Someone once said to me if you chipped your phone screen would you smash the rest of it? You wouldn't so why treat your diet that way.

Someone once said to me if you chipped your phone screen would you smash the rest of it? You wouldn't so why treat your diet that way.

I LOVE this!! SO good.

I also like a bad meal doesnt mean a bad day,
    a bad day doesn't mean a bad week,
    a bad week doesn't mean a bad month.

There's plenty of time for all of us to turn this around.

(I also had 2 takeaways last weekend)

I LOVE the phone screen analogy. :D

• Advertisement

I also like a bad meal doesnt mean a bad day,
    a bad day doesn't mean a bad week,
    a bad week doesn't mean a bad month.

Great way to look at it. Simple & to the point.

& remember, we're going through a pretty miserable time of it, don't feel guilty about treating yourself at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great way to look at it. Simple & to the point.

& remember, we're going through a pretty miserable time of it, don't feel guilty about treating yourself at any stage.

I am definitely trying to be easier on myself this year in relation to lots of things. Most of the time we are our own worse critics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I think its a new virus, I had two take aways also last weekend. Has anyone else had the 'too many pints' symptoms?

I think its a new virus, I had two take aways also last weekend. Has anyone else had the 'too many pints' symptoms?

More like cant wait to have pints symptoms!!

More like cant wait to have pints symptoms!!

I'm not a big drinker at all and even I'm looking forward to a nice cold pint in a pint glass!

TRS30 wrote: »
    I'm not a big drinker at all and even I'm looking forward to a nice cold pint in a pint glass!

Not a big drinker myself, in normal times would do well to get out once a month or so. But being a guinness drinker its simply not the same drinking cans, so am really looking forward to some creamy pints of stout soon, preferably in the company of good friends or family.

Has anyone else had the 'too many pints' symptoms?

Pints.... :(

I miss pints :(

TRS30 wrote: »

Same, I'm even dreaming about buying a pint now at this stage.

Same, I'm even dreaming about buying a pint now at this stage.

I wouldn't even complain about the price, like I normally do!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

I have had my best week for weight loss since mid December. I lost 1kg, this is due to buying a cheep kitchen scale for measuring by food portions. I can tell you 100g of mashed potatoes weighed is a lot different to what I was thinking I putting on my plate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Back on track. 17 Stone 0 lbs this morning, so down another couple of lbs. Next weigh-in should see 16 stone something on the scales again, so next target now in sight :-)

beerguts wrote: »
    I have had my best week for weight loss since mid December. I lost 1kg, this is due to buying a cheep kitchen scale for measuring by food portions. I can tell you 100g of mashed potatoes weighed is a lot different to what I was thinking I putting on my plate!!

I swear by my scales, although I do end up having 200g of mash :o when I'm having mash, bloody love mash!
    A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Back on track. 17 Stone 0 lbs this morning, so down another couple of lbs. Next weigh-in should see 16 stone something on the scales again, so next target now in sight :-)

Well done that's an amazing achievement, keep going you're flying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I weigh myself on a Thursday or Friday depending on work meetings etc and this week it fell on Thursday.
    After my somewhat disastrous weekend I maintained!Happy out

Weighed myself last night- down 1 lb, don't know how I wasn't up a stone, tbh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

M&S ultimate mash with Kerrygold and salt and pepper.

Pint's here is a novelty, there was a decree that all pubs and bars were closed but the bars all have restaurant licenses so no change though severely limited capacity. i will try and have pints for you all (I'm a lightweight and my max would be 6 and then I may have to go to hospital the next day).

Today was active. Big gym session in the morning and an 11km run at lunch.

.... i will try and have pints for you all (I'm a lightweight and my max would be 6 and then I may have to go to hospital the next day).

Have the first one on me. They always seem to taste the best and disappear so quickly :eek:

i will try and have pints for you all
    Not all heroes wear capes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Got some bad news yesterday so cheered myself up with a Chinese and a few beers :D, well only 3 but they were my first since New Years.

Ah, hope everything is okay, Kitten. xx

And hope you enjoyed your Chinese! Sometimes these things just have to be done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah it’s ok, was news I was expecting.

Chinese was lovely but couldn’t finish it, think my stomach is getting use to eating less!

Advertisement