Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭893bet

banie01 wrote: »
    My grà for this hasn't abated ;)
    Checking the back of the couch and all for coins to add to the pot :P

I look forward to trying it on and making a call one or the other.
    Congrats on the new VC too, that is a stunner too.

Actually 3 different boardies looking to view. Not looking for any kind of bidding war. First come first served!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »
    Actually 3 different boardies looking to view. Not looking for any kind of bidding war. First come first served!

Well nice to know wherever it goes there's a chance it'll stay in the parish I suppose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

From Watchcia

712-D7-C73-E56-B-4-B4-E-B553-26-F47246-A7-FB.jpg
    pic hosting

I had sold my silver steel after Xmas and missed it. Think I prefer this. Negative display but still quite readable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

"For the day that's in it."

Thirteenth?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,943 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What we missed most during the lockdown. First swim this year

550491.jpg

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    What we missed most during the lockdown. First swim this year

And here...
    We see the sea dweller slowly returning to its natural habitat :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

550615.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Finally got a pick of the blue hands

PXL-20210419-074552933.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

From the weekend - getting ready to time the rib eyes on the pan.

Yxt2Bybl.jpg

I've been doing a little chopping and changing of my watch box over the last few weeks.

I moved on my Breitling and a few quid in the direction of a diver buddy for Black Pelagos.
    Picked it up at the end of last month and it is an absolute lume monster!
    Between this and the new to me VC...
    I really should hang up the watch buying cap for a while just in case Mrs Banie ever starts asking prices or goes on Chrono24 :pac:

Anyway, here is my slightly dinged but much used newish to me Pelagos.
    IMG-20210419-164728.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I've been doing a little chopping and changing of my watch box over the last few weeks.

I moved on my Breitling and a few quid in the direction of a diver buddy for Black Pelagos.
    Picked it up at the end of last month and it is an absolute lume monster!
    Between this and the new to me VC...
    I really should hang up the watch buying cap for a while just in case Mrs Banie ever starts asking prices or goes on Chrono24 :pac:

Anyway, here is my slightly dinged but much used newish to me Pelagos.

have always liked the pelagos, submariner build quality but with its own unique identity :cool:

Cyrus wrote: »
    have always liked the pelagos, submariner build quality but with its own unique identity :cool:

I went with a 5liner to get the "in-house" movement, gotta get that hype :P
    Lovely watch, light and comfortable but I may yet pick up a rubber strap for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Jaysus Banie, did you drive through Chernobyl to pick up that Tudor? I nearly had to adjust the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The "apple tree" Pelagos :p (I had the 2 liner ETA version).

The good thing with using grade 2 titanium is that while it may enjoy light scratches like a cozy cat you can "rub them out" with an ink eraser like the blue/red ones pictured:
    s-l300.jpg

Just brushing in the same direction with the ink eraser will give you a nice brushed finish on the Ti. Very useful when it came to (reluctantly) moving on my Pelagos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

well wear banie, even my auld eyes could see that lume,,, enjoy

mailforkev wrote: »
    Jaysus Banie, did you drive through Chernobyl to pick up that Tudor? I nearly had to adjust the monitor.

There may have been a touch of night mode involved in that pic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

The Pelagos is a beauty.

My other acquisition :D
    I am blown away by how pretty and tactile this watch is tbh.
    It wears comfortably, it's every inch it's "trinity" pedigree and I'm a very happy owner.

Thanks to 893 for the sale and the chat.

MVIMG-20210420-192148.jpg
    IMG-20210420-191827-2.jpg
    MVIMG-20210420-191813-2.jpg
    IMG-20210420-192319.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The blue dial is the mutz nutz one in my humble. Gotta love the blue diallie goodness. :) Well wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

My other acquisition :D
    I am blown away by how pretty and tactile this watch is tbh.
    It wears comfortably, it's every inch it's "trinity" pedigree and I'm a very happy owner.

[urlMurl]

The step up in class from the average Luxury watch is definitely visible with that VC. Something as small as the finish on the dial indices.

Thanks to 893 for the sale and the chat.

[urlMurl]

Pleasure all mine and I was sorry to disappoint another boards member who was also interested but couldn’t turn down the opportunity for a very local sale.

We will do a little mini watch meet in the summer again, me, you and eljono (spelling prob wrong there but he has a very lovely Globemaster and Rolex Prince).

• Advertisement

From 1972.
    550824.jpg
    The seconds hand brushes past the raised indices missing by the width of a blonde one. Not as cool as one Longines UltraQuartz model where the seconds hand goes under the raised indices and the clearances are scarily tight. Sadly working ones are as rare as rocking horse unicorn poo and even busted ones are a couple of grand.

This was an interesting time for watches. Probably the period that had the most innovations in movements and design since the invention of the wristwatch itself and it still influences the watch world today. VC, PP and VC came out with sports watches back then that led to Banie's Overseas and the popularity of that segment today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Full review of this piece of horological mastery coming soon

PXL-20210420-214141035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Fitz II wrote: »

Boardsies very own Archie luxury!

Can’t keep him away from the Rolex....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Is that the one with the classic “sainless” steel stamp on it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the second hand got a bit of nip and tuck with a long nose pliers you'd nearly get away with it >10ft away.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Fitz II wrote: »

We in the 'luxury watch community' are feeling let down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

A new nato landed on the hall mat yesterday. It's a burgundy from Bulang & sons. It's much stiffer than the natos from Bark & Jack which are very supple (and cheaper), but I'm assuming it'll ease out a bit.

Seems to work well on both my 'good' watches.

On the 1603 Datejust.

g83Frbv.jpg

And on the Speedy.

I5FvTbe.jpg

On a related matter, I'm hoping to be in a position to add something to my small watch collection shortly. I'm dithering between these two (fairly predictable) options: Tudor Black Bay 58 blue or Explorer 114270. Any opinions welcome. (I should really get them both, shouldn't I?)

vk2Lgo7.jpg

I'd prefer the Tudor myself. Though to be fair I hate cathedral hands with a passion verging on madness. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Arrived today.

550948.jpg

Advertisement