Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

athlone573 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but I'm ok for now (unless of course you can source a PS5 :p)

We both can dream! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

PXL-20210424-171233524.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭893bet

The king is dead. Long live the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Fitz II wrote: »
    Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

Catch and release?!

• Advertisement

C0N0R wrote: »
    Catch and release?!

I dont know....its kinda really really nice. Swapped my ALS for it mostly to make myself more watch liquid but turn out to be a absolute cracker of a GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

Cracking watch, my favourite colour combo in the GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Great choice Fitz.

The Root Beer has been really growing on me lately.

The ever rose gold is stunning and such an underrated piece IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭banie01

We are lucky to have a nice'ish garden to enjoy during the lockdowns and restrictions.
    Today was my 1st day of '21 being out and enjoying the sunshine.
    The dog is playing and I'm keeping a weather eye on the BBQ going low and slow in the background.

All whilst tracking the time on the most recent acquisition :D

MVIMG-20210425-151125.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Pretentious watch shot here. I've got my watch, my literature and my French vin. And some Irish sunshine. What more could one want (other watches aside)?

http://imgur.com/gallery/cNYfM7P

551341.jpg

• Advertisement

Verdict in on the mighty Benyar Milgauss Homage

PXL-20210425-155618083-PORTRAIT.jpg

Click on the Vid HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭This is it

Watch from boards, grew the jumper myself :D

IMG-20210425-170437.jpg

Focus is a mess but I'm not taking more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Verdict in on the mighty Benyar Milgauss Homage

Click on the Vid HERE

Brilliant review! Fair play Fitz

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Brilliant review! Fair play Fitz

Second that - well done!

Speedy on Vietnam jungle fatigues from same year as the watch (originally in this version, like [I think]), which is on the Omega nato.

There's so many rabbit holes to go down just in that sentence alone.

EVe89ig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

NTH Nacken

jVxPIYgl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Picked up a bicycle last week on Adverts.ie, went on a cycle along the canal today :)

BTGfWuv.jpg

kgqd92p.jpg

Sometimes taking an instant dislike to something just saves time...

PXL-20210427-221523303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Sometimes taking an instant dislike to something just rl]

If you change the bezel thats actually a cool watch imo. That turquoise scuba dude is probably the most popular one I'd say. Give it a few days and you'll develop Stockholm syndrome ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

San Martin SN004 Vintage Dive watch. I've had it a few months now and really like it. Lighter than my Steinhart and I prefer the no-date, not as good a movement but still the Seiko NH35 is a proven workhorse.
    Ok it's a design rip-off of an early Rolex but doesn't pretend to be anything other than a vintage retro-style automatic diver. I've more objections to them using a pseudo-European brand name than anything else.

551622.JPG

Sorry about all the hands being aligned, my photographic mistake.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I haven't worn this too much this year, but every time I do put it on I do I tell myself that I need to wear it more. 6R15 and the best lume around. If only it had sapphire instead of hardlex it would be a 10/10 for me

1H3qswEl.jpg

SBDCO33

Bit special this one, a 50th Anniversary Kermit, full set, minty fresh. Love the preceramic Subs and this is the daddy. iChrono sorted me out.

PXL-20210428-192500412.jpg

Almost as nice as the explorer 2 50th edition.....when you look at that you can see how crap the new explorer is.

I really liked this model. Looked long and hard at the below which sat unsold for a long time if I recall

https://www.adverts.ie/1070953

893bet wrote: »
    Almost as nice as the explorer 2 50th edition.....when you look at that you can see how crap the new explorer is.

I really liked this model. Looked long and hard at the below which sat unsold for a long time if I recall

https://www.adverts.ie/1070953

LOL its mad isnt it, the seller was right it was going up in value. They have sort of leveled off now and are kind just bouncing along slow and steady. I do think that as this was a genuine anniversatry edition, was on the transition to maxicase and ceramic bezels but had the new movement why its has not gone higher, people trying to pull 11k out of an explorer these days.

New explorer is pants, hope they have a late release this year and do something with it, the line deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bit special this one, a 50th Anniversary Kermit, full set, minty fresh. Love the preceramic Subs and this is the daddy. iChrono sorted me out.
    SNIP

I’ve never had a pre ceramic sub believe it or not

How do they compare to the newer ones ?

LOL its mad isnt it, the seller was right it was going up in value. They have sort of leveled off now and are kind just bouncing along slow and steady. I do think that as this was a genuine anniversatry edition, was on the transition to maxicase and ceramic bezels but had the new movement why its has not gone higher, people trying to pull 11k out of an explorer these days.

New explorer is pants, hope they have a late release this year and do something with it, the line deserves better.

They do almost seem like good value. Crazy that the hulk is more expensive.

If you look at the Rolex website for the explorer 2 it’s doesn’t mention special 50th edition or anything like that, just new generation model. Can’t remember how Rolex presented it when released, was it the new explorer....or the new 50th anniversary explorer. So maybe they have room for a limited edition run later in the year. Will be impossible to get anyway.

Cyrus wrote: »
    I’ve never had a pre ceramic sub believe it or not

How do they compare to the newer ones ?

They look better, the Aluminium bezel is less shiny and has pleasing matt appearance, the slimness it better too. Bezels are super inexpensive to replace (but always keep the origional) and is a 5 minute DIY job.

The bracelets are not as good, by a good margin but still very comfortable. No easylink or glidelock so if you have one of those variable wrists like I do you need to er on the side of loose.

Preceramics are easier to wear, less noticeable on the wrist and lighter.

These Kermits and the "m" version of the regular black sub have the new movements so no real difference there in robustness etc.

The Kermit with the maxidial wears a lot bigger than the black 14060, or the 16610, those guys wear a little smaller especially the 2 line 14060 and 14060m.

No bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

RIP Michael Collins.

“I am alone now, truly alone, and absolutely isolated from any known life. I am it.
    If a count were taken, the score would be three billion plus two over on the other side of the moon, and one plus God knows what on this side.”
    ― Michael Collins, Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journey

551723.jpeg

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Interesting that Velcro gets the trademark symbol but Omega doesn't. Is that one of those space pens to the left? Something that turned out to be extremely vital on Apollo11. When they climbed back into the Lander and stripped off their clumsy suits Aldrin knocked a switch off and of all the switches it was the one that was part of the circuit for the ascent engine. The one piece of kit in the mission that had no backup. If it didn't fire, Collins was coming home alone. So Aldrin jammed his pen into the circuit breaker so that it couldn't trip and stop the engine firing. The engine fired.

There's that old story about how the Americans spent millions developing a space pen(they didn't), but the Russians bypassed that and just used pencils. Good tale, but not true. Pencils would be a bad bet in spaceflight and both sides knew this. You really don't want a pencil nib breaking off and sending a conductive carbonised lump floating around that could get into the circuitry.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Pen nibs using little tungsten carbide balls for that strength - fact of the day :D

I wonder was the Omega photo taken in an Omega museum of some kind (hence the "transferred from NASA" sign). They wouldn't be suing themselves for TM infringement but needed to protect themselves from Velcro (tm)'s wrath? Plus velcro like xerox/hoover/thermos would be more likely to become diluted - like Aspirin (tm) is now just aspirin (no tm) - second fact of the day then :D

Advertisement