Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

rgossip30 wrote: »
    gman2k wrote: »

This country is far from perfect, but guess what? Nowhere is. And her populist far right agenda would only lead to a far right fascist dictator.

A far left facist dictator is just as likely a possibility.

He seems to think as nowhere else is perfect we should accept just our fate and keep our heads down mouths shut.

Almost like saying when Ireland was part of the British empire well other countries were part of it too so why fight for freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

In Ireland? Where we've never ever had a centre-left Taoiseach?

Round and round we go nor a centre right government .Varadkar did make a claim to be centre right no evidence of that however?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Certainly in Gemma's mind/world it is 'just as likely'. She told us that the FG government are 'communists'. Fine Gael = Communists. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Round and round we go nor a centre right government .Varadkar did make a claim to be centre right no evidence of that however?

What are you talking about? Basically every Fianna Fail/Fine Gael government we've ever had has been centre-right, the current incumbent included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Certainly in Gemma's mind/world it is 'just as likely'. She told us that the FG government are 'communists'. Fine Gael = Communists. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lame ass EU appeasers in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Really? Tell me more, I need a good laugh this morning.

She had a video up of her rambling on a Sligo beach, saying that all the newspapers should be boycotted, shops that sell the newspapers should be boycotted and hair salons should be boycotted if they have the newspapers left out.
    https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1114290473441660928

She should really get herself a gimbal for holding that phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gemma pulls out the big one on measles - The Brady Bunch.

Aaaand there she goes - blocking very polite counter-arguments.
    Gemma! Defender of Free Speech!

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1114466983519694849

Jaysus, she's clearly not well.

What would really make you worry is the people following and supporting her, they can't all be that blind to her condition, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This thread stinks of Dunning-Kruger, it's dripping down the walls.

You must acquaintance yourself with Irish politics sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Someone on the Brady Bunch twitter thread posted Roald Dahl talking about the death of his daughter from measles.
    Gemma replied -,"Roald Dahl? Oh dear".

Said the woman who posted a Brady Bunch clip to make her point?!

And then she blocked the person who tweeted the Roald Dahl link.
    This is her version of free speech.

humberklog wrote: »
    Someone on the Brady Bunch twitter thread posted Roald Dahl talking about the death of his daughter from measles.
    Gemma replied -,"Roald Dahl? Oh dear".

Said the woman who posted a Brady Bunch clip to make her point?!

Didn't you know that Roald Dahl was invented by George Soros to sell vaccines to children. It's all there in George's Marvelous Medicine, big pharma being sold to you as a cute child's story.

The less said about the anti-Christian family fable The Witches, the better.

Lame ass EU appeasers in my book.

I look forward to reading the book, but not exactly communists in any sane book, are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I look forward to reading the book, but not exactly communists in any sane book, are they?

Apparently FG are communists by the standards of Gemma and some posters here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I can see at this point your views are far left .

Jaysus - so basically anyone who doesn't call for the murder and execution of gay men is far left!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Left of centre?

That's a joke

You were only saying earlier that you support bringing back the apartheid regime. Not only that but you claim you don't support Gemma because she supported refugees i.e. - Gemma isn't extreme anti refugees enough for you. You are also perfectly fine with quoting from Michael McGrath who campaigned to jail, murder and execute gay people and who is a well known neo Nazi.

Nah your political views are far right. Very far right.

I'm left of centre because I believe the state has a roll to play in terms health education and housing. But you can't have any of these things with an open door Immigration policy. That's why I'm very strong on Immigration.

I've made my views on apartheid very clear.

Also I didnt even know who Michael McGrat was before this thread.

Surely if you're a fan of free speech, you would be supportive of those people who speak their anti-Gemma views to the operators of these establishments. If you like free speech, that includes liking those who speak freely in disagreement to you.

Death threats is not free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Dr Brown wrote: »
    I'm left of centre because I believe the state has a roll to play in terms health education and housing. But you can't have any of these things with an open door Immigration policy. That's why I'm very strong on Immigration.

Also I didnt even know who Michael McGrat was before this thread.
    You are far right, you hold incredibly racist views. Your immigration stances are because of racism. Yes, your views on apartheid are horrifying. I've yet to see you express a non atrocious view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You approved of it. We know.

batgoat wrote: »
    You are far right, you hold incredibly racist views. Your immigration stances are because of racism. Yes, your views on apartheid are horrifying. I've yet to see you express a non atrocious view.

I don't see how they are "horrifying" 30 years ago SA was a far more prosperous and safer country than it is now.

It is well on the way to becoming a failed state. Yet someone how I'm the bad guy for pointing that out.

I don't see how they are "horrifying" 30 years ago SA was a far more prosperous and safer country than it is now.

It is well on the way to becoming a failed state. Yet someone how I'm the bad guy for pointing that out.
    Are you gonna ignore how black South Africans were second class citizens? Were segregated, interracial marriage was outlawed. Here's the definition of apartheid. You support a pretty atrocious abuse of human rights.

The 'crime of apartheid' means inhumane acts of a character similar to those referred to in paragraph 1, committed in the context of an institutionalised regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime.

More prosperous for who? Safer for who?

It's easy to be 'prosperous' when you exploit people using what is effectively slave labour.

Are you gonna ignore how black South Africans were second class citizens? Were segregated, interracial marriage was outlawed. Here's the definition of apartheid. You support a pretty atrocious abuse of human rights.

Of course he does, he's a racist.

Death threats is not free speech.
    You're right, they're not - they are a criminal offence afaik, and should be dealt with as such.

So you're happy with anything other than death threats then - people pointing out to a business that it will be bad for their business if they let racists in, you've no problem with that, given the importance of free speech?

• Advertisement

You're right, they're not - they are a criminal offence afaik, and should be dealt with as such.

So you're happy with anything other than death threats then - people pointing out to a business that it will be bad for their business if they let racists in, you've no problem with that, given the importance of free speech?

I've not heard of a single death threat which makes Brown sound even more full of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Gemma is protesting outside RTE, fair play to her. Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy pontificating to us and telling us about how bad things are for the working class, while they are taking much more than their fair share of the pie without ever being challenged. Well they are getting challenged on it today!

Really makes my blood boil when I hear Joe Duffy empathising with some old dear and he'll say something like "And shur if you need to get a plumber out that'll cost you a hundred euro before he does anything", when he is earning multiples of that and nobody has a choice but to pay him. GRRRRR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,647 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gemma is protesting outside RTE, fair play to her. Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy pontificating to us and telling us about how bad things are for the working class, while they are taking much more than their fair share of the pie without ever being challenged. Well they are getting challenged on it today!

Really makes my blood boil when I hear Joe Duffy empathising with some old dear and he'll say something like "And shur if you need to get a plumber out that'll cost you a hundred euro before he does anything", when he is earning multiples of that and nobody has a choice but to pay him. GRRRRR

I counted 32 people, 10 of those look to be children. What exactly are they "challenging"? How will this tiny protest impact on Duffy, D'Arcey etc?

I know it's only a handful of nutters but Jesus you'd feel sorry for those kids.

Meanwhile there were more people protesting the Eurovision a couple of weeks back. Not sure Ireland's ready for Gemma's revolution just yet.

https://twitter.com/Glenna_lynch/status/1104008400915042306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ah, I thought it was a protest about Rte wages, when it's actually a protest about Israel.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ah, I thought it was a protest about Rte wages, when it's actually a protest about Israel.

No, I don't think so. I think yer wan Glenna Lynch is just adding her own two cents on top of the anti RTE sentiment. I could be wrong, but I think the Israel part is all Glenna Lynch.

No those Palestine flags are from a different protest last month. Just saying that more people turned out to protest the Eurovision than whatever Gemma is on about.

I'm left of centre because I believe the state has a roll to play in terms health education and housing. But you can't have any of these things with an open door Immigration policy.

Health, education and housing but only for White Irish Catholics. Sounds centre light alright...

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Terry Pratchet

They reported about the protest on the RTE news anyway. Just heard Eileen Dunne reading out about how "people were protesting outside RTE about the license fees and the presenter salaries". She passed back to Des Cahill, who was looking at his shoes at the time .

I've not heard of a single death threat which makes Brown sound even more full of nonsense.
    That's an awful thing to say. I've no doubt at all that the good Doc wouldn't have mentioned death threats without having a sound basis for this.

Doc - please put this guy in his place by sharing details of the death threats you mentioned. You must have something from Coolera House about the threats they apparently got. Over to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

No those Palestine flags are from a different protest last month. Just saying that more people turned out to protest the Eurovision than whatever Gemma is on about.

Yeah. I passed about 4:00pm today (Gemma's batshyt crazy protest, not the anti-Israel one) and counted maybe 30 or so "yellow vesters"

There were more people in my national school class.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Poor ol Gemma the wingnut could only muster 30 odd people in the capital :p

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

Health, education and housing but only for White Irish Catholics. Sounds centre light alright...

If you flood the country with Immigration then you won't be able to provide those services to anybody.

We can already see that mass Immigration is a major contributory factor to the homeless crisis

At least 30% of homeless poeple are Non-Nationals.

And no I'm not "far-right" I'm a Labour man my views would be very much in line with the old Australian Labour Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-1.3523107

• Advertisement

More prosperous for who? Safer for who?

It's easy to be 'prosperous' when you exploit people using what is effectively slave labour.

The GDP was alot high in the 80s and the country was safer for everyone.

Also currency is now worth FA compared to what it was 30 years ago.

That doesnt sound like "progress" to me.

The GDP was alot high in the 80s and the country was safer for everyone.

Also currency is now worth FA compared to what it was 30 years ago.

That doesnt sound like "progress" to me.

Why do you conveniently ignore what apartheid laws involved? You said earlier that you support everyone being treated equally. Under apartheid law, equality did not exist. You support a state based around ethnic segregation and white supremacy.
    If you flood the country with Immigration then you won't be able to provide those services to anybody.

We can already see that mass Immigration is a major contributory factor to the homeless crisis

And no I'm not "far-right" I'm a Labour man my views would be very much in line with the old Australian Labour Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-1.3523107

That's specific to Dublin, the national average is 12%... Dublin's homelessness is related to landlords and poor planning...

Why do you conveniently ignore what apartheid laws involved? You said earlier that you support everyone being treated equally. Under apartheid law, equality did not exist.

That's specific to Dublin, the national average is 12%... Dublin's homelessness is related to landlords and poor planning...

Boers lived in SA for a 100 plus years before they even met any black people.

They didn't "exploit" anyone to build the country.

This claim is nearly as funny as your defence of a child abuser in the anti vax thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,527 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There are lies, damned lies and Dr Brown posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Odhinn

That'd be the one that supported the "White Australia" policy?

Still ignoring what apartheid involved and care to provide proof of that claim? Interested to see your sourcing. Apartheid existed to separate by race and reduce any potential political of non white people.

Do you support separating people by race into different regions?

Do you oppose mixed race relationships?

Do you support the general laws that went with apartheid?

You're far from left wing, you're a racist extremist and I have no idea why you're tolerated on the site.

There are lies, damned lies and Dr Brown posts.

More like

https://youtu.be/Rg-jtYXvI7M

Sweet Jesus.

• Advertisement

Sweet Jesus.

He's political on the center left though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement